[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

financing a sub 10k car.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 01212_g5HzXy5Rt3E_600x450.jpg (40KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
01212_g5HzXy5Rt3E_600x450.jpg
40KB, 600x450px
>2003 HONDA S2000 6 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISION, gray with red interior, one owner, this vehicle has all services records available, florida car, non-smoker, clean title, runs and drives like a new car, very rare, japan made, original paint, call today and set up your appointment for a test drive, get approved and make affordable payments of $250 per month with insurance included with $4000 downpayment(WAC).

well /o/ this is new to me. i didn't know a car as old as the s2000 could be aquired on a payment system. i mean i wouldn't lease or finance it as i would prefer either having the cash on hand, but if it's say 8000 bucks would this be a viable way to own it? i mean prices and availability seem to be inversely proportional at the moment. what would you do in this situation? my original plan was to save up 8k or get a good enough paying career where i can get an 8k loan and just deal with my bank instead of a dealership. has anyone here ever done this? is it stupid?
>>
File: 1abcd.jpg (2MB, 7216x5504px) Image search: [Google]
1abcd.jpg
2MB, 7216x5504px
>>15294462

You know what?
YEAH COREY FUCKING DO IT
>>
disregarding the stanceworks, i would rather have one with a spoon top honestly. it looks so nice.
>>
>>15294462
If you don't mind financing a 13 year old car then go for it. People have done far worse to get into a sports car.
Just remember that there's a bigger risk of it crapping out because its 13 years old or you crashing it because it's rwd before you even finish paying it off in which you'd be fucked out of luck.

>assuming you're fucking poor for having to finance 8k
>no offense I'm fucking poor as well
>>
>>15294486
well i'm currently planning to quit my job and finish my degree. i'm going to be unemployed minus some freelance work involving web developing, concept illustration and music production, however i want to get myself into 3DCG a bit more since my friend showed me he was making like 40/hr doing it with just a year of experience and no certification. i already have skills in 3D but i haven't tried to make a living with it, which might help with the funding for an s2k, plus the ones above 10k seem to be in better condition and the spoon top is gonna be like 2k itself.

in any case, i just wondered if it would be a waste of money in the long run, but it seems to just be a fixed installment base, which includes insurance so i'd be so down for it. im in canada though so i guess it wouldn't apply to me as i'd just end up driving it back up.
>>
File: me1.jpg (47KB, 799x470px) Image search: [Google]
me1.jpg
47KB, 799x470px
>>15294508
forgot a spoon pic
>>
File: 7690166620_175ccabfbd_o.jpg (287KB, 950x633px) Image search: [Google]
7690166620_175ccabfbd_o.jpg
287KB, 950x633px
>>15294514
>>
It depends on your credit for the loan and where you live and if you'll be murdered on insurance. Get quotes before you do this.

You basically need to be 25 or else this will not happen, you're still 16 according to insurance companies until the day you're 25, perfect driving record doesn't get you shit.

I have a 750 credit score and my loan is 4.5% and the math came out so the interest accrues to three extra month's payment. I consider this more than acceptable for getting the car right now. Also not to sound like an S2000 fanboy but the price on these is expected to go up and they're hard to find either way, I had to wait 4 months for mine and that was really lucky looking back.

Geico fully insured me for $45 a month, again in mid-sized city, perfect record, and over 25. City matters bigtime right after age because I've read about lambo owners who pay $150 for full coverage in rural areas, meanwhile in cities you'd be looking at $200 for a shitbox. If you're in a huge city and under 25... just kill yourself basically. Don't get me wrong I hate living in the relative middle of nowhere but the ONE good thing is that living costs like insurance is low for everything, and the property tax is like half of one percent
>>
>>15294462
> Financing a 13 year old car
It'll break before you pay it off.
>>
>>15294462
I financed a used 2006 Mazdaspeed6 for $7500 ($6650 of which was loaned). Just go to a bank, get approved on a loan, and find a car on craigslist within your price range
>>
$4k down payment on an $8k loan, wtf?
>>
>>15295493
$4k pays off what the dealer has in the car. So they already break even on the down payment. then make money monthly off the buyer from "financing" the rest.
>>
Yeah don't do that dealers stupid payment scheme.

Go to a credit union and get approved for a loan. Local credit unions usually have great auto loan rates. Then just go buy it.

I financed a car a while ago for $5k just to get my credit score up. You can finance fucking anything.
>>
>>15294462
I'm in the same boat as you op I got a good paying job and I want to finance a car but I want to negotiate a price but idk how I need lpg advice
>>
Why not just save and pay cash? Like I can sort of understand if you were getting a new(ish) car and didn't have $40k just laying around but $8000? If they want 8k in financing you could probably get it for 7 bands.
>>
>>15295717
It isn't that easy. If I was single and working the same job, I could probably save 8K in 3 1/2 months. A lot of people live in areas with a low cost of living, but also low wages. The thing about those places is that car prices follow a national scheme. You live in a major area where the lowest wages are $15 an hour and it'll be easier to save than living in an area where the wage caps at $20 an hour.

I shit you not, I live in a notoriously bad area in South VA and I make $14.10 an hour with my minimum hours being 40 a week but very rarely any overtime. I end up netting somewhere around 21K a year. This is considered to be doing "well" by the employment standards here.

If I worked the same job in a bigger area I would make $21 starting probably.

Fortunately, I've held car payments and credit card payments for two going on three years. My credit score will be in the mid-700s when everything is paid off next year. (Paid my first auto loan off in a year, financed 5K, and on track to pay my 13K loan off in roughly the same time, too). Loans are not bad if you can't afford to save up. You are doing more than paying for a car, you are building a future. It will be easier to afford better rates, more cars, a bigger home, etc, if you start building credit young.

On terms of insurance, it shouldn't be that bad. I own a 2 door sports car, factory turbo'd, red, etc. I have 4 speeding tickets. My rate is only $103 a month. It would be substantially rest if I paid bulk payments.

Shoot for the stars, OP.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.