[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japanese cars body - y it's so thin?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 25366120003_large.jpg (56KB, 575x431px) Image search: [Google]
25366120003_large.jpg
56KB, 575x431px
I don't want to make here a shitstorm about japanese cars, because I also like them, but there's one think that hurts me. Soft body and rust. Is there any japanese car that has really good quality body that hasn't got problem with rust and dents? I can understand that Japanese engineers make car body from thin sheet metal to reduce mass, but effect of its is really bad.
Sorry, anons, for my english if I made here any mistakes (I know, I'm a fag)
>>
>>15294197
You could try moving out of a third world shithole where rust is a thing
>>
>"Why is my 30 year old shitbox so rusty!?!?!?"
>car has lived in the snow it's whole life
It depends on how well the owner takes care of the car. Did you expect that car to be in pristine condition after so long? Stop being so dumb
>>
>had FB RX-7
>undercoated by original owner
>no rust during the 3 years I owned it (IL)
>younger brother accidentally hits door with the metal edge of a snow shovel
>only damage is a small paint chip
I miss that thing
>>
>>15294209
fuck off

>>15294197
even mk4 supras develop rust on the boot which isnt too bad to get it repaired but it still sucks, you would find most from 93, 94 and maybe 95 would have it
>>
>>15294219
You literally have to drive one or two states over and rust is no longer an issue ever again
>>
>>15294209
>>15294212
OP here
Ok, rust is a natural effect and every car will have that shit.
But why the hell car body is so thin that has many problems with dents?
Let's drop rust topic
>>
File: 1393178915632.jpg (2KB, 132x92px) Image search: [Google]
1393178915632.jpg
2KB, 132x92px
>>15294209
>>
>>15294212
Most of my friends take care their japanese cars well or very well and they're still rusting as hell. Another ones who have german cars don't have so much problems with it. I talk about 10-20 years old cars.
>>
>>15294236
>every car will have that shit
Literally no
>>
>>15294271
What you mean?
>>
>>15294197
Yeah why don't you move out of wherever you are that causes rust?
I don't know your feel since I'm not a poor fag that lives in a state that has snow
>>
>>15294197
It's made from thin sheet metal because they're cheap economy cars, don't delude yourself.
>>
>>15294351
I asked a normal question.
And I live in a country where there's temperate climate so climatic conditions aren't a huge problem.
>>
>>15294372
So, which cars are NOT cheap economy cars in your opinion?
>>
>>15294335
Afaik peugeot/citroen since 80s something and old audis, especially model 80 got very good anti corossion protection, these cars won't rust unless it's bodywork was fixed.
>>
>>15294399
>Audi 80
Ohh yes. I know about that cause we have this car. It's fucking durable. But it doesn't make a sense talking about Audis where you can be hated by japanese cars fans.
>>
>>15294392
The higher end Japanese stuff of the time (Lexus), the German luxury brands, etc.
>>
>>15294465
They're sports cars, don't delude yourself. Asshole
>>
>>15294197
>Japanese engineers make car body from thin sheet metal
Japan has no real significant natural resources of its own for auto making. Thus, it gets the galvanized steel rolls from China. So it's using chinese steel in the cheaper cars that were assembled in Japan.

If the chinese clean their steel before galvanizing, that would be new news to me. A reasonably thick galvanized coating also helps resist corrosion. But many Chinese material sources are infamous for cutting corners. Their product may at first meet standards, but later on, they will cheapen the process or materials or lower purity if they think you are satisfied and are no longer looking. Or they find out the key people in your testing organization and influence them. That quality problem occurred before in the japanese electronics parts industry. I can only assume it goes on in other industries as well when it comes to large scale chinese sourcing.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.