[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Car Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: aus flag.jpg (5KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
aus flag.jpg
5KB, 277x182px
Aus Fag here,

I'm looking to buy a newish car.

I've got about 23000 saved, and a trade in that I reckon will be worth about 2500-3000.

Recently married, no kids yet, but looking for a family car.

No more that about 40,000K's on it.

Tossing up between a medium size car, like a camry or an SUV (not likely to ever go off road, but it will likely end up being a soccer mum car eventually).

Any tips or suggestions?
>>
Just bought my wife a VF series 2 Calais V. Slow as fuck but really comfortable for kiddies. Plenty of toys but I think I'll be fucked when it comes to first service. New engine is weird.
>>
weird how?
>>
>>15291075
Why get such a new and expensive car? You'll need that extra money for family life later, trust me. Just get an early 2000s Camry or something else safe and reliable.
>>
>>15291091
Wat? It's the same as theyve been for ages.
>>
>>15291075
Go a lexus IS250 or something, they go forever and very comfy
>>
>>15291196
I like this idea. Legendary Japanese reliability and some pretty decent luxury, even if it is Japan's idea of luxury.
>>
>>15291173
I was poor as fuck until last year so I've never had my hands in anything newer than my '97 ecotec.
>>
>>15291075
Holden Commodore

Don't be a little bitch weeb like >>15291196
>>
Get a Holden Caprice
>>
A fleet of Miatas
>>
>>15291075
Don't get a Holden, everyone will think you're a bogan.
>>
>>15291252
It's not much different desu. Lifetime fuel filter. Air filter is same as usual to do. Oil drains the same, oil filter is a cartridge type that you replace from the top on the passenger side, change that before dropping the oil.
>>
>>15291075
Buy a Commo and skid like a mad cunt into the outback
>im not even australian
>>
>>15291161
I've been driving an 02 Hyundai, it's been in the family since new, it's just getting too expensive to keep running, I've spent more on it in the last 3 years than what it's worth to sell. I'm looking for something that's done less than 40,000 Km so I won't have to deal with that shit for a while
>>
>>15291075
>installed new fuel pump
>overfilled tank
>new seal unseated or snapped
>fuel seeping out of busted seal now
i didnt learn my lesson at all
>>
>>15291075
Go for a second hard Forrester, save your money
>>
>>15291075
if you don't really care about cars just buy a fucking prius or camry hybrid

being cheap to run makes up for how amazingly boring they are to drive
>>
>>15291075
>married but no kids
>ausfag
>new car
>SUV

Is this some kind of bait?
>>
>>15291075
Falcon G6E.
>>
>>15292196
This. Especially if it's a G6E turbo.
>>
>>15291161
>Why get such a new and expensive car? You'll need that extra money for family life later, trust me.
This x1000.

I bought a 3 year old Falcon once for $17000, "new" just like you described, and it was almost as nice to drive as my bro's Falcon that was worth barely $3000.

If you want to get a sports car or a specific car (e.g. some fancy SUV) then go for it, spend your money. However if all you want is reliable, don't blow your money on something "new with low km". It will run just as well as some V8 NL Fairlane that lives in some old guy's garage, will cost you only a touch over 2 grand, and it will last you another 150,000km if you don't treat it like absolute shit.
>>
File: vz hsv r8.jpg (135KB, 1023x678px) Image search: [Google]
vz hsv r8.jpg
135KB, 1023x678px
>>15291075
>Tossing up between a medium size car
>like a camry
What the fuck is wrong with you?
You could buy a VZ HSV clubsport r8 with under 100,000km on it for under 20k.

you are unaustralian.
>>
If you want an unreliable car get a commo
>>
dont be a cuck by buying an suv/station wagon/hatch/'hot' hatch

Low km's =/= reliable. Buy a BA/BF Falcon in good condition if you want newer, or settle on an EF Falcon. Falcons are good because neglectful indian cunts fuck their fleet falcons during taxi service, and those cars lasted to 700,000km's when they're retired
>>
>>15292572
yummy
>>
>>15292791
They get repaired and rebuilt a lot.
>>
>>15292824
their inline 6 engine is a proven and reliable engine. I see a shitload of 90's fairlanes, fairmonts and falcons in the country being abused daily with fuck all repairs, coons driving them and even the v8 models are still being used as a dd to this day
>>
>>15292572
Or not a bogan
>>
>>15292196
>>15292258
This, and if you want manual get an XR6 turbo. They're excellent cars.
Some people don't like the interior, but I much prefer it over the VFs shitty looking interior.
>>
>>15292572
Those are so fucking ugly. You Holden bogans crack me up.
>>
>>15291492
Bad thing?

Anyway, there are plenty of people who have nice commodores, that are ordinary upper-middle classers. Bogans have the riced and shitty old commodores (never ever nicer than a base model VE or v8 vt).
>>
>>15292895
No there isn't.
>>
>>15291492
Can confirm that every time I see a Holden I look down upon whomever's driving as being of lower social standing than me

Holdens are such trash
>>
>>15292906
I don't look down on them, because I sincerely believe that every single one will kill me.
>>
>>15292897
Yes mate. Yes there fucking is. My neighbour has a VF calais, and he's a quiet middle aged man who lives in a nice area.

Ever looked at the people who drive new, decently specced commodores? They're never bogans because their either too poor, or buy falcooon-shitboxes instead.
>>
>>15292912
I know what you mean, but I get that feeling whenever I see a white ute.
>>
what do you need the car for?
if you want to buy something like a boat, or need room/space then SUV
if you just want a car to travel around and don't care about space, but want 4-5 seats then a hatchback like a mazda or honda will do. if you want the same with a tiny bit more space then a sedan
if you want something to occasionally go fast/hoon in then get a falcon

an suv is probably best option longterm (since you might take up a sports like fishing/golf or travelling where suv has more space/can tow good enough for). if you're partner already has one of those then just get a hatch
>>
>>15291075
If you want a commuter car get a Mazda 3 or a Mazda 6 if you can afford it.

DO NOT BUY THE FOLLOWING PIECES OF SHIT

>Toyota Camry
>any Ford
>any Holden
>any Hyundai
>Toyota Prius
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.