[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car Throttle opinions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 13

File: car throttle.jpg (16KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
car throttle.jpg
16KB, 540x540px
What do you guys think of Car Throttle?

Personally I can't stand it. It's a pathetic attempt at engendering """car culture""" in millennials.

And worst of all is that jumped up TWAT who presents their videos.

Thoughts, /o/?
>>
>>15280464
>millenials

try not being an old sack of bones and meat and try again
>>
a group on non car guys pretending to be car guys to appeal to non car guys pretending to be car guys.
>>
>>15280484

So you actually like their obnoxious, obvious pandering to millennials?

"Lol we're such car guys aren't we? Lol I know all about how an MX-5 drives! Lol even though I'm a teenager or university student who as only driven my mum's Peugeot 106, I don't have the money for a real car, I've never looked under a bonnet in my life, and I've never raced a car in my life either! Lol let's make funny meems about cars! xD"
>>
>>15280498
funny because thats exactly what boomers do

"Lol we're such car guys aren't we? Lol I know all about how a Camaro drives! Lol even though I'm a old guy with no driving experience or arthritic old man who can only driven my wifes's Ford Thunderbird, I don't have the money for a real car, I've never looked under a bonnet in my life, and I've never raced a car in my life either! Lol let's make funny meems about japanese cars! xD"
>>
>>15280504
Except that's wrong.

They may be shit at it but almost every boomer that wasn't born into wealth was under the "bonnet" because they simply HAD to when they were younger. I'd also expect that a lot do know how Camaros drive because they were everyfuckingwhere back then. Many times more sold then compared to now.
>>
>>15280530
>they simply HAD to when they were younger.
>every boomer fixed his own car
>no one took him to the mechanic

>everyone totally drove a camaro back in the day
>which make them experst at driving the modern camaro

yeah no
>>
>>15280530
>I'm not a millennial!
>I'm better than everyone!
>look at me!

Srlsy OP, of you actually look at the community of the site, and leave the ebin maymays at Facebook and whatnot, you'll see it's actually a pretty decent site, and actually shows good things of "car culture" to some kids, who sincerely, would never know better if they kept themselves listening to Drake and driving Corollas.
>>
>>15280497
You hit the nail on the head anon

>>15280536
The Camaro was your stereotype mate. Obviously not everybody has driven a Camaro yet you are assuming every baby boomer claims to.

My point is that Car Throttle is full of obnoxious, self-important, unfunny, twat millennials who think they know about cars.

I think I even prefer people who watch Shmee to people who use Car Throttle, and believe me, I fucking hate Shmee too. But at least the people who watch that obviously have an interest in cars (otherwise they wouldn't watch the videos) whereas people on Car Throttle want *others to think that they like cars*. They're trying to make it part of their identity. Like it's some cool badge of honour to be "lol le petrolhead xD"
>>
>>15280536
>moving goalposts
>the post
>>
>>15280565
>My point is that Car Throttle is full of obnoxious, self-important, unfunny, twat millennials who think they know about cars.

so, just like the comment section of hot rod mag, fast mustangs and performance fors and chevy performance mag and forums like jalopy journal, petrolicious and others
>>
>>15280570
>butthurt boomer
>the post
>>
>>15280560
I'm OP and that guy wasn't me, he was just another anon with a brain.

By the way I'm 25, you could say I'm a "millennial" myself, I just despise others of a similar age to me who represent the worst qualities of our generation - the main one being NARCISSISM. Which is what I think this whole "let's create funny meems about cars and pretend we have a clue what we're talking about" culture results in.

If young guys are interested in cars they should watch Chris Harris or real car videos. Or buy a car and get their hands dirty. Instead of posting fucking memes.

>>15280575
>>15280579
So you're annoyed because you think I'm taking aim at millennial car fans?

I'm not taking aim at millennial car fans. I'm taking aim at Car Throttle because it's shit.

>so, just like the comment section of hot rod mag, fast mustangs and performance fors and chevy performance mag and forums like jalopy journal, petrolicious and others

At least those guys aren't insufferable narcissists.
>>
>>15280579
>ad hominem
So you admit you got nothing then? Excellent.
>>
>>15280593
>an actual boomer getting butturt in /o/

lel

>>15280589
it is, but so does every other online car community
>>
>millenial
Unless you were born before the 80s and after 2000 you're a millenial too, OP.
>>
>>15280595
>it is, but so does every other online car community

Nah, I reckon other communities include people with an actual interest in cars.

People on Car Throttle strike me as people who think a car is a status symbol. They're young guys in their 20s, probably left-wing, probably went to a good school and have a degree, and they're working their first depressing office job, maybe in a bank, maybe as a web developer. And they think "I bet people would think I was cool if I was interested in cars". So they shitpost on this fucking car meme website all day and think that makes them a fucking petrolhead.

>>15280599
I already said I'm 25 mate but that doesn't mean I don't despise social media addicted cunts of the same age as me.

As I said as well, I AM NOT CRITICISING MILLENNIAL CAR ENTHUSIASTS. There are many people my sort of age who are GENUINE car guys. I have a couple of old friends from school who are really into their cars, and we always were from a young age. But they're not the sort of vapid, narcissistic, social media addicted, preening, probably homosexual twats who go on Car Throttle
>>
they're all a bunch of facebook meme spouting faggots
>>
>>15280473
>These are 10 things I HATE about /o/...
>>
>>15280630
>Hey Harry

Cancer throttle was a cool idea.

Shame its run by a bunch of: "L O L MAY MAYS GET DAT AD MONEY BOIS"
Type of Jews that drive around auto shitboxes.

The "Owner" is some fucking Arab faggot that drives an auto M3, who has only got his hands dirty when he slips wiping his arse.

Only interesting thing that used to be on there was "Alex's" MX5, and he ended up paying a garage to do all of shit his because he's too fucking retarded to fit an exhaust.

FUCKING KILL ME REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Absolute cancer. And this comes from a former "ctzen" the site was alright in the begining, but since they released the smartphone apps it all went to shit honestly.
>>
>>15280914
>smart phone apps
Why does every fucking website need an 'app' now?
>>
>>15280917
To attract more people, and produce more revenue. Simple as that.
>>
File: ctrp_0801_07_z+smokey_yunick+.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ctrp_0801_07_z+smokey_yunick+.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>15280473
Know-nothing Brits (read: every European ever regarding cars) trying to stay on the cutting edge of ebin car maymays. Really though, the fuckers don't even have common sense, their bizarre handbrake button crusade alone proves that.
>>
>TOP TEN REASON WHY RICER ARE BAD
>TOP 7 CAR THINGS YOU CAN DO IN VIDYA GAMES BUT NOT IRL
>TOP 6 MIATA FUN FACTS

The Miata video was just embarrassing, it mostly pointed out flaws and shit that wasn't true. If you actually believe Miatas have a hidden racing wheel, you're a fucking dunce.
>>
>>15281253
>it's another "american car online communities are better!" deluded cunt
>>
>>15280498
YOU'RE A MILLENIAL TOO YOU DUMB FUCK
YOU SHILL FOR MIATAS TOO
YOU ARE ALL AWFUL PEOPLE WHO ARE EQUAL IN CAR KNOWLEDGE TO THOSE FUCKS
>>
>tfw i know less about working on cars then them
>tfw i will never work on my own car because im so poor
>>
File: 1462170930117.jpg (251KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1462170930117.jpg
251KB, 1920x1080px
>>15280473
It's great. Alex is super cute. I want him to fuck my boi pucci.
>>
>>15280657
I can't fucking stand this guy's annoying voice
>>
>>15280498
You're describing /o/ right
>>
>>15282189
he reminds me of the gay theatre guys in highschool
>>
>>15280473
Are these the same fucking idiots who say you need to press the button on the e-brake when engaging it?
>>
>>15282213
you dont?
>>
>>15282250
Why would I?
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 320x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 320x194px
>>15282116
how about both are meme spewing cancer fests whose fans should actually buy a car pick up a wrench and figure out how it actually works, rather than binge watching top ten car meme videos and referring to themselves as "petrolheads". Seriously i thought it was just "car guy" why the fuck do people watch these people on youtube, PICK UP A FUCKING WRENCH AND LEARN YOU FAGGOT.
>>
>>15282303

because the metaphoric "wrench" is expensive as fuck and the "learning" can cause you to lose your job by not showing up because you dont have a working car anymore
>>
>>15282320
>buy a bike
>start with that one

wow that was hard

brotip: stop being a wagecuck
>>
>>15282323
>spend $$$ to get a bike
>spend $$$$$ for tools
>spend $$$$ for licensing and classes
>also just quit your job
Are you stupid?
>>
>>15282353
you can get a crossbike for 2k
you can get more than enough tools for less than 1k
you can take classes during vacations

sounds like you are a pleb who isn't interested in cars, bikes or wrenching
>>
>>15282162
i want to marry yui and make sweet gentle love to her for the purpose of procreation
>>
>>15282481
don't we all
>>
>>15280473
It's garbage.
Armchair enthusiasts.

Motortrend, etc are no different.
>>
>>15282441
But I don't want a fucking bike.I'm a car guy
>>
>>15282441
this.

how hard is it to buy a shitbox to work on.

get a job / a better job or stick to cheap hobbies and leave this board.

>muh production cars
>muh benchmarks
cringe
>>
>>15282441
>tools
>less than 1k
Lol
>>
>>15282540
That's not fair. You're cancer
Why can't people work on cars and be into them? Who are you to be the judge?
>>
>>15282542
>garage sale
>>
>>15282573
people dont do that here
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>15282353
This thread blows shit. How hard/expensive is it to maintain a fucking shitbox, no one here is expecting you to have a project car but to have basic knowledge and at least a little experience with fixing and maintaining cars and it's pretty damn obvious where you get your "experience" from, Mr. Petrolhead Youtube Memer. Shut the fuck up, save some dosh, and quit acting like maintaining a shitbox is as hard, time consuming, and expensive as restoring a classic, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>15282542
>buying snap-on for DIY
>>
>>15282714
Where do I get things to lift my car? how do I get my engine out of my car so I can work on it? Where am I supposed to get stuff for an oil change? How do I do this shit? How do I change a wheel?

You people are determined to shit on people but none of you, NONE of you offer real advice and tutorials.

Put your money where your mouth is or fuck off
>>
>>15282714
find a gas chamber furshitter
>>
>>15282782
>getting advice off /o/

Haynes manuals for information
internet for buying shit
>>
>>15282542
I get all my shit done on my cars for less than $450 in tools

Apply yourself
>>
>>15282782
>Where do I get things to lift my car?
Auto parts store
>how do I get my engine out of my car so I can work on it?
Why do you need to pull the engine to work on it?
>Where am I supposed to get stuff for an oil change?
Auto parts store
>How do I do this shit?
Git gud
>How do I change a wheel?
Raise car, loosen lug nuts, remove, put new wheels, tighten lug nuts, lower car

Fucking spoon-feeding you and you'll still bitch, I guarantee it
>>
>>15280599
>using this retarded metric
anyone born near 2000 is a millennial.

people that are ~25 are not millennials in the pejorative use of the word.
>>
>>15282782
>I'm fucking hopeless and inept
Okay.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 750x726px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 750x726px
>>15282782
>How do I change a wheel?

You really should leave this board and educate your own retarded ass. Putting replacing a wheel is literally like putting together a easy lego set, my 12 year old sister can do this how are you a regular on /o/ but you have no fucking clue how to do the easiest fucking thing when it comes to automobiles? Oh right, Youtube. Yeah, leave and don't come back faggot, you're a lost cause.
>>
>>15283520
I dont have mommy and daddy to buy me a bunch of tools
>>15283400
I want to tune my car for performance
>>15283431
>why dont people know thing
>im person i want to know how to do thing
>WOW YOU FUCKING RETARD KILL YOURSELF
>>
File: image.png (51KB, 324x358px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
51KB, 324x358px
>>15283531
All you've done in this thread is complain and make excuses about how little you actually know about cars, even after acting like a little shit nice anons like >>15283400 spoon feed you information and now you're going to pull the god damn victim card. Go fuck yourself you spoiled little shit, leave, never come back, stick to Car Throttle and Boomer shit, that seems to have done you.
>>
>>15283570
>spoiled
you're more spoiled then me
Do you not understand how much I fucking wished I was you?
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 260x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 260x200px
>>15283531
Jesus... this guy's trolling,right? Hey, guy, you're trollin me, right?
>>
>>15283582
you literally just avoided everything he said except for one small insult he gave you. answer everything else in that post and we might take you seriously.
>>
If you unironically use the word milennial negatively, and chances are, that's what you're doing; I hope you headbutt a fucking nail. You need brain damage in your life. Especially while referring to young people trying to get into car culture or cars in general.
People like you are the reason I stay away from big bike and car meets. Bunch of old bags listening to dad rock, and parking their cars or bikes. Complaints about liberals, minorities, or young people.

Fuck every single one of you. Die so your divorced wife can sell your car for a quarter of the value to spite your family. And have the respect to die outside of your car. You are the biggest barrier to entry for young people.
>>
>>15283570
>All you've done in this thread is complain and make excuses about how little you actually know about cars
Sounds like trump talking about presidential duties :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 450x600px
>>15283935
I guess talking about it is better than laughing around any negative questions and making literal Woman Cards to keep in your purse. Or in your case the little bed box on your cuck truck.
>>
>>15283917
millennials grew up in the age of easily consumed car meme media. they are generally fuckwits because of this, rather than people mid-20s and older who learned about it organically through many years. it's a perfectly reasonable term and its only used when the person in question is being a fuckwit.
>>
>>15283667
there's nothing else to answer? why do you have to bully me
>>
>>15283957
You are a millenial
>>
>>15283971
yeah, but I grew up with racing so I dont count
>>
>>15283957
If you were born in the early 1980s, you're a milennial. Eat a gun.
>>
File: top kek.jpg (412KB, 950x604px) Image search: [Google]
top kek.jpg
412KB, 950x604px
>>15280473
Can't be as bad as Top Gear Diversity, can it?
>>
File: 1466096668105.jpg (4KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1466096668105.jpg
4KB, 240x240px
>>15284049
>hello darkness my old friend
>>
>>15280473
I don't particularly like their content or community. But then again I don't visit their site anyway so what does it really matter to me right?
>>
Millennials suck. Worse yet are the Snowflake generation. Boomers eat ass. Gen X is the best out the entire history of mankind. Now go fix the broken muffler strap on your pos civic that your gran gave you and shut the fuck up.
>>
>>15284256
>gen x
>good
gen x created millennials.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.