[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2013 Ford Focus reliability

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 2013_ford_focus_se.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2013_ford_focus_se.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
Red pill me on these cars /o/
>>
>>15276010
>DCT - Stay away
>MTX-75 - Gud trans
Don't get the shitty My Ford Touch, regular sync works better. Basically the biggest complaint about these things is the auto(DCT) transmission. I will say I drove a '15 and the transmission has been re-calibrated since '12, it doesn't do the low speed lurching it used to.
>>
>>15276028
pretty much what this anon said

the 12 i drove was a nice little hatch
>>
>>15276028
Anon beat me to it.
>>15276010
My brother drove a 12 focus auto. Had the transmission replaced 3 times in 2 years before he lemon lawed it. He now drives a 16 Hyundai elantra 6 speed he used to commute with
>>
File: 2015 Ford.png (953KB, 723x943px) Image search: [Google]
2015 Ford.png
953KB, 723x943px
>>15276010
Avoid 2012-2014 automatic Foci for transmission reliability issues. 2012/2013 models were the worst. The problems have been corrected in newer models, and some older cars have gotten updates to new transmissions and control software... but when buying used, you have to assume nothing's been replaced and it's the factory original tranny ready to take a shit on you.

Or just find a stickshift model.
>>
File: FullSizeRender.jpg (204KB, 848x962px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender.jpg
204KB, 848x962px
>>15276010
My mom has a 2012 Focus SEL Hatchback (auto) with all the features you could get on it.

>60k miles
>gas tank only has 3/4 original capacity, don't know why
>transmission has been serviced 3 times so far
>fuel gauge went full autism for a few months and would say it had full tank until it had nothing left then drop below E then back up to F then just do whatever the hell it wanted until you filled it up
>Alternator failed 3 months ago
>Ford dealership dickheads basically laughed in her face when she asked if they'll fix the fuel tank

I hate that fucking car so much. It lurches so bad when you're taking off it reminds of how I was when I was learning how to drive stick.

It's been a constant source of problems and a complete money pit since she bought it new in 2012.

She'll be getting a company car soon and offered to give it to me. I'm almost tempted to say keep it cause I don't want anything to do with that piece of shit lemon. My 1988 Mustang has over 2x the miles and is 100x more reliable than that piece of shit. My dad has 8 other Ford trucks and cars from the 70's (mostly F-100's) and only one of them has major issues.

Ford is done as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>15276010
> US model
You're fucked. American versions of euro-designed cars are monkey models.
> Euro model
They'll last for about 10 years in good working order, and start to break from then onwards as they stop depreciating due to reaching rock bottom.
>>
>>15276010
OP, I own a 2012 5-speed. Other than a strange glitch where the car went into limp mode for a few minutes, it has been rock solid for the 4 years I've had it. My only complaints are the surprising amount of body roll (although it still handles quite well) and the horrible cheap rear door panels
>>
I'm looking for a 12-13 focus. Got a close up on some at a local dealership and they look really nice. Is there a reason i shouldn't pull the trigger on one of em?
>>
File: lolol.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
lolol.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>15277741
Why do that when you can buy a gun for 500 and pull the trigger on yourself?
>>
>>15277836
Because I don't want to kill myself?
>>
>>15276010
>ford
>reliability
Top kekle
>>
>>15277905
its a meme you dip
>>
>>15278038
So should I get it?
>>
>>15276010
>Red pill me
Why are you autists so obsessed with the matrix?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.