[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gti golf vs ecoboost mustang Which would you get Which is better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

Gti golf vs ecoboost mustang

Which would you get
Which is better
>>
>>15274705
fiesta st
>>
Mustang gt
>>
>>15274705
>Which would you get
neither
>Which is better
Mustang

But the Mustang gets BTFO by the Ecotec Turbo Chevy Camaro.
>>
I believe you are not looking for the maximum joy of driving but for economy combined with 0-60 numbers instead so either is good.
I wouldn't take any or I'd choose the Golf and swap the engine for something with more cylinders, no matter the power.
>>
>>15274730
Need citation
>>
File: citation.jpg (213KB, 2196x1230px) Image search: [Google]
citation.jpg
213KB, 2196x1230px
>>15274747
Here. Direct from Chevrolet
>>
>>15274747
The Mustang may make over 310 HP from its 2.3L Turbo while the Camaro makes 270 HP from its 2.0L Turbo, but the Camaro is far lighter and has the better chassis. But the Mustang has the better tires. Price-wise the Mustang Ecoboost competes with the 330+ HP V6 Camaro (which walks all over it). The Turbo Camaro, due to the lighter weight is faster than the Ecoboost Mustang. Put the Mustang's tires on the turbo Camaro and the Camaro will eat the Mustang all day long around corners.
http://tribunecontentagency.com/article/comparison-2016-chevrolet-camaro-rs-vs-2016-ford-mustang-ecoboost-turbo-bronies-childish-fun-with-cars-were-supposed-to-hate/

As said though, price-wise, the Mustang Ecoboost competes with the V6 Camaro, which walks all over it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UUIctl9hWk

The Mustang is easier to drive day to day since its so much easier to see out of, but in every performance category, the V6 Camaro eats the Ecoboost for breakfast. And that's before adding in the optional 1LE package (Only available on the V6 and V8) to the Camaro.
>>
File: 57601983.jpg (65KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
57601983.jpg
65KB, 407x405px
>>15274797
>The Mustang is easier to drive day to day since its so much easier to see out of
>>
>>15274797
So I ask for a citation for 2 four cylinders and you give me a v6. Basically the 4 cylinder cuckmaro is slower than the ecoboost.
>>
>>15274718
>Mustang gt
This. Anything else is a compromise you'll regret later. 5.0's are pretty affordable now in the used market.
>>
Golf
>>
>>15275347
Agreed. If you have 30 grand to spend on an ecoboost, get a fricking GT. Or an older gt and mod it.
>>
GTI
>>
both are shit.

Be a real man and buy a GTR nismo, you will feel the benchracing blood gushing thru your veins
>>
File: 1425855235283.jpg (1MB, 2048x1901px) Image search: [Google]
1425855235283.jpg
1MB, 2048x1901px
>>15279704
this.
>>
>>15274705

>auto
GTI
>manual
Mustang

A 300+hp RWD manual coupe is fun as shit regardless of how many cylinders it has.
>>
>>15279841
>buying auto ever
>>
>>15277016
Yes. You can literally get a base '15 GT right now for like $28k.
>>
>>15274705
>Which would you get
neither
I'd get either a V8 GT or a base golf

actually, i'd just get a camry or impala and call it a day.
>>
NEVER FORGET THAT THE GTI IS SLOWER IN THE TRACK THAN A V6 MUSTANG FROM AGES AGO.

>>15280258
>Wouldn't buy a V6/Ecoboost
>Would buy a Camry.
What kind of faggotry is this?
>>
>>15274705
Golf.
>>
>>15274705

They're not really competitors. One's a FWD hot hatchback and the other's a pony car.

The Camaro is the competitor to the Mustang.

I dunno. Do you care more about styling or cargo space? You'll be able to carry more people and stuff in the hot hatchback, but you won't look as cool going down the road. I suspect (I'd have to go look it up) that the ecoboost Mustang has the edge on power and you'll find that both weigh about the same, maybe the GTI is a few hundred pounds lighter.

If you live in Murica, the stang is going to be cheaper to maintain, domestic parts. But then again, you may have to maintain it more. There is a healthy aftermarket for the ecoboost mustang, and you can retune the engine to output more power (if you're willing to feed it the good gas) and there are performance bolt on exhaust kits.

Dunno how reliable VW is these days. I've heard good and bad stories about VW products. VW doesn't seem to cater to people who like to mod, their whole marketing spiel seems to be "let us take care of you" with their integrated service plans. If you have other things to do and cars aren't the focus of your life, maybe that's what you want. Only you know.

There was some technical bulletin on the ecoboost stang about the exhaust system getting really hot. I believe they've fixed it, but verify for yourself before purchase.

I've never owned any GM products myself, mainly because what I've seen what my mom and pop went through with their GM cars they bought. If you do get a Camaro instead of the Mustang, purchase extra warranty protection for it, that's my advice, you'll probably need it.
>>
File: lHjyEkW[1].jpg (47KB, 764x572px) Image search: [Google]
lHjyEkW[1].jpg
47KB, 764x572px
>>15274797
>Eating this much breakfast
>As if anyone races any modern boosted car with the stock tune
>>
>>15274838
This.
>GM faggot fanboys playing mental gymnastics
>>
>>15280544
>FRS is faster than BRZ by half a second
Randy proven to have no consistency, it's the same bloody car.
>>
>>15281497
>its the same

no it isn't, the brz understeers a lot more because its alligned differently
>>
>>15281497
br-z has different dynamics
>>
>>15281517
And is still shit
>>
>>15279846
>auto slushbox
>dual-clutch
pick one
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.