[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After researching, lurking forums, and pulling my hair out for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Buying-a-Car.jpg (133KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Buying-a-Car.jpg
133KB, 600x450px
After researching, lurking forums, and pulling my hair out for the past two weeks, I decided to make a thread on /o/ as a last resort because despite how much you guys fuck around, somehow I trust you guys.

Looking to purchase a vehicle around $8,000 and I have boiled down the options to:

>2006-2008 Infiniti G35 (preferably X because winter)
>2002-2006 Ford Mustang GT
>2006-2008 Audi A4 or A6 (preferably quattro because winter)
>2011-2013 Volkswagen Jetta
>2006-2009 Honda Civic

There will be a mix of city driving as well as highway driving. I would say an equal amount of both.

Performance and reliability is key. Luxury I can live without but it would be nice. I plan on maintaining the car (of course) but I don't want to dump tons of money into it just to maintain it (I'm looking at you, Audi).

Open to any other recommendations
>>
Bumping with a car that I wish I could own
>>
>>15273210
Civic or Infiniti to be honest my brother.

Must be able to to do your own maintenance on Infiniti tho, I think they're a bit more expensive when it comes to mainteance than the civic

But the civic is a good option for simple honorable service. AVOID GERMAN VEHICLES AT ALL COSTS UNLESS YOU HAVE PLENTY OF MONEY TO WASTE ON MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR COSTS

Trust me and all the other /o/tists, German cars are expensive to keep running
>>
>>15273210
GT and winter tires
>>
>>15273394
That's exactly what I've been hearing about German cars, especially the older ones. Is it really that bad? I hear the experience of driving a German is like none other, for example, driving a Jetta 2.0 is more enjoyable than its comparable Japanese counterparts, such as a Corolla.

I've been leaving strongly towards Japanese, especially the infiniti, but even within the realm of Japanese cars, there are a lot of other comparable options next to the Infiniti in that price range... So overwhelming.

On that note, I have also found a really nice Infiniti M35 and I like the Luxury look and features, but how does it stack up as a car against the G35 (I'm assuming its the same?)
>>
>>15273210
Is300
>>
>>15273438
I thought about that, but for $8000 in my area, all I could find were cars in the early 2000 (like 2000-2004 if I recall) with mileage over 180,000 km, mostly around 230,000 km
>>
>>15273405
I'm not too familiar with Fords, or Mustangs in general. How are they on reliability and maintenance for the older 2000s models?

My research revealed that the early 2000s were Ford's "dark ages" in terms of their mustangs
>>
>>15273210
Out of the cars you list, I'd get either the G or the Civic. G is a great car and you can have some fun with a bit of luxury but it's not Civic reliable and fuel economy isn't that great, especially with the x models. Civic will be the most reliable out of your list but lowest on fun factor. FWD is fine in snow as long as you don't drive like a total retard.

I would steer clear of the jetta outright. Not very reliable at all. My gf has had nothing but problems with her '13
>>
Toyota corolla and spend the rest on a K20 swap
>>
fuck the VW Jetta!! That POS is running on an extremely old platform, built in mexico, under powered engines, and wonky transmissions. Plus its FWD.

Remove the A4 and A6 since the only potent engine in those two is the 4.2 V8 which is a bitch to maintain. The 1.8t and 2.0T are good engines and easy to modify (huge aftermarket) but parts are expensive

The Honda civic is always a good go-to for a daily driver fun car even though its a shit box FWD. Solid handling, reliable, and great aftermarket for parts and mods

For the mustang, you listed years of production where 2 different generations came in, both using the 4.6 V8 but different power levels. The 2002-2004 mustang GTs will make 260hp/302lb-ft while the 2005-2006 GTs will make 300hp/320lb-ft. If you can, go for the 2005-2006 as they are built on a newer platform, make better power stock, and have a much much much nicer interior...the previous gen has a horrible interior

The g35 is a good car, just a nicer version of the 350z and doesn't look like a Tokyo drift douche "bro i drift" car. Interior is meh, itsn't bad but isn't great. Steering is direct and precise, probably the best among the cars you listed. Its reliable but not Honda civic reliable. Decent aftermarket.

All and all, I myself would go for the 2005-2006 mustang gt. The 4.6 modular V8 is a solid engine that lasts forever. Its what the crown vic taxis in New York have and those go forever. Aftermarket is amazing and American Muscle.com has plenty of parts. Plus RWD

Hope this helped and i didnt go full /o/tist
>>
File: 7114276lexus-is-300-white.jpg (65KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
7114276lexus-is-300-white.jpg
65KB, 750x563px
>>15273438
Why? the interior is awful, its slow as fuck, and the exterior screams rice burner

Look at those rear tail lights
>>
>>15273501
or just spend $50 tintening them cunt
>>
>>15273210
G35, such a gorgeous bum.
>>
>>15273491
Much appreciated!! Please, by all means go full /o/tist. It is the best way for someone to learn and understand. I also have a thing for the mustang, but I'm having such a hard time finding a 2005+ manual trans for $8000. Honestly don't want the V6 and would rather have the V8 GT. You mentioned the engine is good, at what point is mileage too high? I may be able to scoop a 2005+ Stang GT with mileage over 170,000 km.

Okay so I'm definitely removing German from the list. It now boils down to Japanese or Domestic. G35 and Mustang GT aside, are there other cars worthy of being noted? Anything I should know about the G35 aside that maintenance may be a little higher than a civic, but lower than a German?

So far I'm getting the vibe that the G35X is the best bet, along side the Mustang GT. What about the M35? What about the Mustang V6?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.