[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2001 Subaru Liberty B4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 480x640-B4-1.jpg (64KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
480x640-B4-1.jpg
64KB, 450x600px
Hey,
I recently purchased a 2001 Subaru Liberty B4 Manual Sedan with 130,000kms on it for $3000.

The bad news is that it's got a bit of damage, and I ended up buying a new front bumper, and front guards for it. Now the colours don't match. I am considering what options I have for making it not look like the bag of dicks it currently looks like now, but I'd like some ideas, if possible.
>>
File: 640x480-B4-2.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
640x480-B4-2.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
Next pic
>>
Plastidip
>>
>>15255529
>>15255531
Plastidip it boyracer blue, and do the scoop in faux-carbon fiber black and roof in glossy black. Bronze wheels.
>>
Why the fuck would you pay $3k for that hunk of shit? You could have scored a clean one for the same price or less.
>>
>>15255529
>front guards
You mean fenders orr....?
>>
>>15255636
In ozland they are called guards m80
>>
>>15255638
That's dumb. They shouldn't be called that since they don't "guard" anything. They give the car it's shape. It's the chassis bracing and whole body crumple zone that "guards"
>>
>>15255646
What do they "fend" then? It's all stupid, who cares. Only issue in this thread is that op way overpaid for his car.
>>
>>15255529
I have a B4.
Don't get a B4.
>>
>>15255594
Not in Australia. They're about 7-10k for a decent one.
>>
>>15255529
>Liberty
Legacy?
>>
>>15255863
why not?
>>
>>15256018
Liberty in Australia
>>
>>15256021
That's what I'd like to know. The only thing I've heard is that the transmission is weak if you're going to thrash it.
>>
>>15256024
oi fucken what m8

>>15256025
I like the styling, and they are relatively cheap, that's why I'd also like to know.
>>
>>15256021
>>15256025
The car has no headroom to improve, all Ecu management changes will make it atrocious to drive, unless you convert it to single turbo.
When a Turbo shits the bed, you're shit out of luck getting a factory one to spec, as the only VHF43 and 44s made today are for Isuzus with different AR and manifold setups.

If the transmission goes, good luck getting a new one in Australia that isn't rooted.
Clutch kits are nigh impossible to find.
CV shafts don't last.
Brakes are shit.
If an engine goes, you're shit out of luck getting a half decent condition 206/208.
Radiator hoses aren't even fucking standard.

Literally the only decent thing is the styling (nicest looking rear end of any Liberty/Legacy) and a top tier ACC.
>>
>>15255529

...just get the panels painted?

If you're too poor to pay someone, do it yourself and learn something.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.