[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>had an absolutely dreadful week and another one to come >get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (92KB, 1828x1083px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
92KB, 1828x1083px
>had an absolutely dreadful week and another one to come
>get off work Saturday and immediately hit I-16 out of town to blow off some steam
>pulled over for the first time in my six-year driving career and hit with a Super Speeder 90mph in a 70mph in Twiggs County, Georgia
Should I lawyer up, or...? I really, really want to keep my record clean.
>>
File: 6727167266742.jpg (89KB, 850x330px) Image search: [Google]
6727167266742.jpg
89KB, 850x330px
>>15254930
>90 mph
>Super Speeder
>"his chevy aveo couldn't even break into the triple digits!!"
>>
File: 57e.jpg (32KB, 358x406px) Image search: [Google]
57e.jpg
32KB, 358x406px
>>15254977
>and then he said it was an automatic
>>
>>15254930
Why do all these sob speeding stories start with
>ugh my life is terrible I was molested as a child, my dog died, I survived a holocaust and now THIS

fucking man up dude if you're going to cry about it then be a girl somewhere else
>>
>>15254992
Because they always have to place blame on someone or something else for their actions.
>>
>>15254930
90 in a 70 ticket in GA? Impressive considering everyone does 85+ on every interstate.

You fucked up doing it on a saturday, cops are hot as hell friday and sat evenings.

Just pay the ticket, 20 over is nothing.
>>
File: rare_pepe_9.jpg (13KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
rare_pepe_9.jpg
13KB, 306x306px
>>15254977
It was a Ford Escape and it wasn't like I was trying to set a high score. I was just passing some traffic. I don't think I ever broke like 83mph, if that, DESU.
>>
>>15255001
stop falling for his bait, just report all his shitposts, theyre getting deleted
>>
>>15254930
Call the courthouse and ask if they will allow you to take a defensive driving course/driver's ed instead of copping to the ticket. The county gets the money for the course and the prosecutor drops the speeding charge.

If no, try to plea down to a non-moving violation. Never admit to speeding to the prosecutor, anything you say can and will be used blah blah.

If all else fails, enjoy your insurance increase. Also, if you need to drive to let of steam.. try Project Cars or something. The game and logitech wheel will have cost less in the 2 years it takes to have this fall of your license (5 years from insurance database).
>>
File: jim.jpg (5KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
jim.jpg
5KB, 224x225px
>>15254992
>>15254998
>nobody is ever allowed to acknowledge that they're having a rough stretch
>implying I'm blaming anyone else

>>15255000
>Just pay the ticket, 20 over is nothing.
lol I'm not so stupid that I'd for that. 15+ over means Super Speeder, which means an additional $200 on top of whatever is already in store for me, in addition to however my insurance company decides to pound me up the ass. Plus, it'll show up on a background check, and my record would be squeaky clean otherwise, so that pisses me off.
>>
>>15255031
local court clerks might be able to talk down either the price or the record, but most refuse to do both unless you go to full traffic court.
>>
Fight it, never settle for that
>>
>>15255031
You're being a crybaby about willingly breaking the law and getting caught. You felt the need to mention your "hard week" and having to "let off steam" by speeding. So yes, you are blaming the events of the previous week on your need to break the law to feel better about yourself. Enjoy your fines faggot.
>>
File: 1336773162223.jpg (26KB, 400x505px) Image search: [Google]
1336773162223.jpg
26KB, 400x505px
Good luck.
>>
File: ill_do_my_best.png (492KB, 1000x488px) Image search: [Google]
ill_do_my_best.png
492KB, 1000x488px
>>15255060
Yeah, I think I'm going to call a law office tomorrow. I guess I could call the court clerk like people here are suggesting first, though, to see if they'll drop it for a defensive driving course.

Does anyone know how true it is that if you show up for court, the officer usually won't bother to show and the ticket will be dropped?
>>
File: caveman_alright.png (120KB, 353x356px) Image search: [Google]
caveman_alright.png
120KB, 353x356px
>>15255072
I wasn't letting off steam by intentionally speeding. That's not what I meant by that. I was letting off steam by driving period, away from this city that was feeling claustrophobic. Also, I do not believe for a second that I was going 90mph. I framed the story with context because I thought it would be more interesting than "hurp durp ticket wat do" and would garner a few more replies.

Anyway, whatever, you're bitter, I get it, no need to continue this conversation.

>>15255076
Thanks?
>>
>>15255112
>bitter
Kek. Surely you'll be thinking that when you pay a lawyer + a fine.
>being too distracted by muh feefees to pay attention to your surroundings
>>
>>15254930
If you had a clean record prior to this, you should be eligible for some sort of deferment program where you plead no contest, pay a portion of the fine, and it stays off your record as long as you don't get another ticket in the next year or so. There may also be some sort of online safety course component that is a cakewalk for anyone with two functioning brain cells.
>>
I just dreamt that I was caught speeding by a camera whilst trying to slow down in a Lamborghini Diablo GTR after blasting along some curvy roads. The fear/regret of a fine and points woke me up.
>>
>>15255081
I'm in Canada but the officer who charged me was present
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.