[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why should I not buy a Lotus Elise? 2005-2006 model?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: eliseingt4two.jpg (54KB, 582x187px) Image search: [Google]
eliseingt4two.jpg
54KB, 582x187px
Why should I not buy a Lotus Elise? 2005-2006 model?
>>
cause ur a broke bitch
>>
>>15249501
Snap oversteer. But otherwise it's probably one of the most fun cars that you can own.
>>
>>15249501
Because your image heavily implies you only lust after it because of impressions it made in a video game.
>>
>>15249501
In the US they hold their value stupidly well, which is both a blessing and a curse. Good luck finding a decent one under $30k.
>>
>>15249547
True, but it's also the game that introduced me to the car in the first place, as with other cars like the NSX.
>>
File: u6IIimdW.jpg (36KB, 600x354px) Image search: [Google]
u6IIimdW.jpg
36KB, 600x354px
>>15249501
>shit interior
>can't fit a set of golf bats in the back
they are great cars, just less practical than other other cars of the same size. the more sensible alternatives would be miats and s2ks so it depends whether you can accept those tradeoffs for the better handling of the elise.

>>15249547
>>15249603
a lot of our generation were introduced to some cars through video games when they were kids, then go on to test drive said cars and end up disappointed. nothing wrong with that.
>>
File: 0262_06_toyota_mr2_mk3_w30.jpg (367KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
0262_06_toyota_mr2_mk3_w30.jpg
367KB, 1280x960px
Because a Celica GT-S's 2ZZ engine bolts right into a third gen MR-2 and makes it 85% of an Elise for 50% of the price. In fact the Elise used the same 2ZZ for many years, only with different heads for 10 hp extra and a slightly higher rev limit.
>>
File: BillKSwitz.jpg (74KB, 792x800px) Image search: [Google]
BillKSwitz.jpg
74KB, 792x800px
>>15249660
I'm not sure if anyone ever looked at the Elise with the criteria of fitting golf clubs in it. Even so, there are luggage racks for the thing.
>>
>>15249720
Go on any car forum about whichever small sports car and there are always people asking if you can fit golf clubs in the back.

>>15249706
The Elise is lighter though. It costs money to add lightness.
>>
>>15249706
>dat color combo

its glorious
>>
>>15249760
A person's equivalent of lightness isn't worth 15k to me. Imagine the upgrades you can do for that kinda money.
>>
>>15249706
The exige uses the 2zz, Elise was a 1zz, same as the stock spyder
>>
>>15249765
I've driven both, currently have the mr2, but the Elise is better for taller drivers.
I'm 6'1" and my knees clip the steering wheel and the rear view mirror takes up a good 1/4 of total visibility. I would also die in the event of a roll, since my head clears the roofline when sitting upright
>>
>>15249784
>lanklets
>>
>>15249791
>feels bad man
If I managed to modify the steering wheel and still have an airbag I would probably keep the spyder and just deck it out with a roll bar and 2zz it. I've resolved to buy the Elise instead though, or a boxster s
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.