[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bad Gas Milage; 1999 Mazda b2500

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

I just bought a used 1999 mazda b series in grrat condition with less than 70k miles. Runs great but it gets far lower gas milage than listed. It is supposed to get about 20/25 mpg but at the moment it gets about 14-16 mpg? What can I do to fix this?
>>
File: hehehehe.png (278KB, 628x671px) Image search: [Google]
hehehehe.png
278KB, 628x671px
>>
>>15246905
wow
cool
proud of you
neat
awesome
>>
>>15246905
So relevant
>>
>>15246905
Thanks for the help dude!
>>
It could be the way you drive?
>>
>>15246992
I drive pretty gingerly. Definitely not that.
>>
>>15246900

new spark plugs/cables
air filter
make sure O2 sensors aren't throwing codes
maybe seafoam/injector cleaner

try those
>>
>>15247061
Thanks for the advice anon
>>
try to change some basic stuff.
>>
>why isn't nuh 20yo truck getting advertised empeegees!??
>>
>>15247073
Ive driven plenty of old cars that got their advertised mpg or better nigga square tf up.
>>
are you driving everywhere with the AC or front windshield defroster on?
>>
>>15247124
I occasionally use the ac but always on the lowest setting.
>>
>>15247135
Lowest setting uses the same amount of energy as full blast. Compressor is either on or off.

Clean your injectors and replace/ gap spark plugs. Next oil change do a thinner oil. Change transmission fluid and diff fluid with thinner oil. Fill tires to max. Move air intake closer to exhaust manifold (this can actually help a lot). Enjoy your 3 mpg improvement.

Stage 2: tape a tennis ball under the gas pedal.
>>
>>15247436
this guy is wrong, the AC compressor cycles on and off to maintain a certain temperature. a lower fan setting will reduce the heat transfer and require a shorter duty cycle
>>
>>15246900
Oil/oil filter change, news is. Spark plugs, good quality leads, change fuel filter, airbox filter, good quality gas, maybe seafoam as well. Please don't cheap out on spark plugs, I did and had horrible gas mileage and I had to replace my cat. If that didn't work then you're fucked and you just have a shit truck
>>
you doin highway or city miles?
>>
File: IMG_20150622_071031.jpg (1MB, 2830x2123px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150622_071031.jpg
1MB, 2830x2123px
Is it 2wd or 4wd? Rangers get awful mileage. You fell for the meme when you could have had a s10 for
>same price
>Same condition
>Half as many spark plugs
>More reliable

Duun goofed
>>
>>15247647
Did I mention 25 mpg+ city or highway? All the way up to 250k miles.
>>
>>15247647
>could have had a s10

Chances are the OP wanted something that isn't a colossal piece of crap.
>>
>>15247647
Im not a mexican so the s10 wasn't even an option.
>>
>>15247675
>>15247702
But somehow he got stuck with a flaming turd that is shit. Gud job. Keep up the great work. Fucking idiots buying the Fords and wondering why they are unhappy with the product.
>>
Still never answered if it was 2or4 wheel drive. Cause if 4 you are not too far off. If 4and slushbox you are right on the money for a ranger. Seriously the worst mini truck and/o/ loves them.
>>
>>15248124
Its a 2wd
>>
>>15247457
Depends on the car.
>>
>>15248050
Jose Cuervo getting mad
>>
>>15248050
Jose Cuervo getting mad
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.