[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you keep your car secure?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 32

File: .gib.png (146KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
.gib.png
146KB, 500x500px
Ever had your car stolen?
>>
I do nothing.

My dad had his truck stolen twice, though. Both times found it not very far away.
>>
>>15240639
I have a garage
>>
>>15240639
nope i don't park in shady area thought
>>
No, but my parents had their 1982 Datsun pickup or whatever it was stolen. The next door neighbor's teenage son stole it, rattle-canned it blue and put a red decal racing stripe on it and was dumb enough to drive it around the neighborhood like that.

Not really sure what happened but my parents were back to driving that around, racing stripe decal and all, and I think his old man beat the shit out of him and sent him to lie with some relatives or something. Kinda Darwin-Award level stupid there.
>>
>>15240676
and it always stays there? what about parking at work... oh wait
>>
Full coverage insurance and a car that has an immobilizer key.
>>
File: 0302131731.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
0302131731.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>15240639
>How do you keep your car secure?
manual transmission.
>>
File: bar thing.jpg (25KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
bar thing.jpg
25KB, 450x450px
>>15240639
>>
Built an 18x6m shed so the truck is locked up pretty much all the time. Needed the size so I can fit a hoist under the peak and have a bit of room extra.
>>
vats system
>>
>>15240639
nah i wont bother telling what i do because no matter what i say
>LOL ANON THEY'LL JUST FLATDECK IT IF THEY WANT IT SO BAD :^)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
>>
File: hondadelsol.jpg (3MB, 3735x2532px) Image search: [Google]
hondadelsol.jpg
3MB, 3735x2532px
>>15240639
my del sol was stolen twice and so a kill switch was installed. it was broken into again a few years later and only the seats were stolen. if it wasn't for the kill switch, it would've been stolen three times
>>
>>15240639
This was about 4 years ago but I came back to the parking lot after getting groceries one time, the lot was packed so I had parked towards the back, and there was a hispanic dude crouched into my back door when I walked up. I approached him and watched him jackknife up and look right at me, asked him why he was so close to my car (I had an uninstalled enclosure and subs sitting in the backseat)

As soon as I noticed the back seat was unlocked he yelled that he was tying his son's shoes (who was standing about 6 feet away from him on the other side of the car), proceeded to call me a racist profiler for accusing him, someone of mexican descent of breaking into their car and proceeded to say he would "beat the shit" out of me if his kid wasn't there.

He stomped towards me flaring his shoulders at me and turned around and quickly grabbed his kid's hand walking away
>>
File: 20160503_151646-01.jpg (2MB, 1882x3915px) Image search: [Google]
20160503_151646-01.jpg
2MB, 1882x3915px
>>15241297
Mah nigga
Literally doors open 24/7
>>
>>15241297
>>15242108
>implying spics don't know how to drive manual

may stop jamaal, but i doubt its gonna stop juan
>>
>>15240639
I don't park in poor areas of the city and I have a garage.
>>
>>15242141
as someone who lives in Texas, you made me laugh. Thank you
>>
>>15242141
Juan doesn't want a 5 speed manual Saturn Ion.
>>
>>15242141
Black people love old school cars. They know how to drive it.
>>
>>15242155
juan will take whatever he can get
>>
>>15242157
black people only know how to ride motorcycles they can't drive a stick shift car
>>
Bought a $30 GPS unit off Amazon with a $3/month prepaid SIM card plan.

It won't prevent it from getting stolen but may allow it to be recovered, and I park it on the street in a slightly crime-ridden part of town.
>>
Haven't had my car stolen but I had my car broken into twice. First time they threw all my shit around and stole some crappy sunglasses while ignoring the gps system in the glove compartment. Second time they literally bent my door to get in and stole the gps system which was 5 years out of date and a 4gb ipod. Luckily i bent the door back with minimal damage.
>>
I drive a car no one wants.
>>
>>15242141
As a southamerican, can pretty much confirm. Anything south of the US doesn't get many autos. Everybody here drives manuel.

Its not an anti theft device and i wouldn't rely my car on not getting stolen JUST because its a manual.
>>
>>15242211
A miata? A twingo?
>>
Driving a car that I wouldn't care if it was stolen.
>>
Don't park it in areas composed of darkies
>>
>>15240639
I dont live in a poor people area will people actually commit a felony for something as inane as a car.

If you dont live in a area that has >150k in household income, you live in a poor area.
>>
>>15242167
>he doesn't know about the plethora of rap songs about driving in old school cars.
>>
>>15242567
Yea and 99% of the cars mentioned in those songs were automatic or automatic only.

I've known many black "car guys" and only 1 could drive a stick. And he hated rap music and niggers. Decent guy.
>>
File: 1455689438078.jpg (34KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
1455689438078.jpg
34KB, 500x436px
>>15242567
>nigger music
>a reflection of reality
o im laffin.
>>
>>15242608
>but anime girls are
I'm laffin harderer
>>
>>15242616
Where did I imply that you silly cotton picker?

Also there's a large difference between a rap video and an animated cartoon.
>>
>>15242567
Classics with manual transmissions are generally out of reach of ghettards. The antiques they get are mostly automatic 4-door barges.

The coupes and stickshift classics are hoarded by white boomers because "muh desirable"
>>
Take the fuse out for the fuel pump and have a hidden switch for it. Only way it'll get moving is if they put it on a flatbed and haul it.
>>
>>15242626
Stop kidding yourself. Ever heard of a man named Reggie Jackson?
>>
>>15241313
wtf is this even for?? How does this stop someone from driving the car
>>
>>15240639

Bright lights AND neighbors watching out for each other. My neighbors across the street also have a 2 story house and a 2 car garage. Naturally, we use one side for storage and shelves and the other has the best car while the other car sits outside in the driveway. We cannot stop thieves from casing our neighborhood because we dont have a homeowner association (HOA) and security gates for the neighborhood. Thus, no curfew can be given for non residents and car thieves and homeless can be walking around your driveway at 2AM or whenever the residents are observed to turn off their lights and go to sleep.

If someone prowls my driveway OR my neighbor's driveways, both our bright lights turn on. Each unit has two lamps and two sensors. I am one sensor shallowly across the street and the other is aimed at the driveway. It's on the 2nd story so they are not easily disabled by the criminals unscrewing the bulbs. By having another different light shine across the street at the backside of the car, everything is well lit and car prowling is prevented because the criminal opens your trunk from the backside where the sensor cannot see him easily.

Cooperation between neighbors helps protect the cars and property from looting or having expensive parts removed. Mine isn't sensed by a house burglar alarm but theirs is. They put a zone time alarm on theirs so if it is triggered between 2 AM to 5 AM, their inside house warning sounds off by beeping. They are armed and the husband is an ex-vet, so he's actually shot people. His philosophy is it's better for the criminal to die because then he won't tell lies about you in court.
>>
>>15242651
I've wondered this myself for years
>>
>>15241297
Sad to see people still jacking it dry to this meme.
>>
My car is a total shitbox and I seriously doubt anybody would steal it, unless they want to scrap it or get a couple parts it being a very common car. I've forgotten it open multiple times and it's still there.
>>
File: 1463648832068.jpg (86KB, 640x354px) Image search: [Google]
1463648832068.jpg
86KB, 640x354px
>>15242039
>This was about 4 years ago but I came back to the parking lot after getting groceries one time, the lot was packed so I had parked towards the back, and there was a hispanic dude crouched into my back door when I walked up. I approached him and watched him jackknife up and look right at me, asked him why he was so close to my car (I had an uninstalled enclosure and subs sitting in the backseat)
>As soon as I noticed the back seat was unlocked he yelled that he was tying his son's shoes (who was standing about 6 feet away from him on the other side of the car), proceeded to call me a racist profiler for accusing him, someone of mexican descent of breaking into their car and proceeded to say he would "beat the shit" out of me if his kid wasn't there.
>He stomped towards me flaring his shoulders at me and turned around and quickly grabbed his kid's hand walking away

Many of the blacks and hispanics here in Washington State often teach their children that it is okay to screw over everyone else because everyone else screws them over. That's not true because there are quite a few people trying to give others a fair chance. But the criminals are so pernicious that it really gives blacks and hispanics a negative stereotype.

If you ignore all domestic quarrel type violence, about 80% of the violence in my prosperous primarily white city has black or hispanic involvement. If you remove the drunken or domestic violence, all of the city murders since the year 2000 are due to blacks and hispanics. The local black lives matter movement tries to censor anyone repeating the truthful stats by accusing them of racism to use the Chilling Effect career fear to shut them up. In my mind, the Black Lives Matter people are close to being economic/career terrorists. They hold your career hostage by using racism as a censorship weapon against the truth. Why is it illegal to know the truth? WHY is the truth illegal to the BLM activists?
>>
>>15242705
>Sad to see people still jacking it dry to this meme.
It's too easy to be a lazy smart-aleck poster.
>>
File: 100.png (64KB, 206x201px) Image search: [Google]
100.png
64KB, 206x201px
>>15241933

>dat pandering to those people who stole your car 2.5 times
>>
>>15241933
>those stickers

You obviously deserved it and maybe even asked for it.
>>
>>15245451
Not that guy, but you have no idea how frustrating it is to have high parked car crime and not be able to do anything about it that doesn't get you called racist or sued or worst yet assaulted. And if they don't assault you in a confrontation, they vandalize your poor parked car in revenge if you try anything.

You catch a nignog in your car "I saw the car door open and wondered what was going on" or "You are racist and I am filing that on your criminal record and even if you dont get convicted, it will be on your record so leave me alone otherwise cuz I know your fancy job promotion will be stopped with the accusation on your record" Black Lives Matter activism has the crminals well-coached.
>>
>>15246472
the car was much more stock looking back then when it was stolen (like 10 years ago).

when it became under my possession a year ago, I put those stickers on for function; the silver sticker on the windshield is to stop the crack under it from growing, and the 100 sticker is to distract me from the shit touch up job the previous owner did. I since replaced the 100 with a white [hoonigan] sticker

>>15246475
my car was stolen out in hawaii and then broken into with seats stolen up in washington so whites and hawaiians/asians are to blame
>>
I want to get a classic car, but I understand they're easy to steal.

So I want to put in
>at least 3 hidden kill switches
>alarm
>steering wheel lock.

Any other things that aren't overboard for a dd?
>>
>>15242651
>>15242669

You two are fucking retarded.
>>
>>15246602
Yes. Please enlighten us.
>>
File: hqdefault-1.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-1.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
The ONE AND ONLY TRUE ANTI THEFT SYSTEM COMING THROUGH

>Not locking your clutch for maximum security
>>
>>15241933
what a stupid spic
>>
>>15246597
>I want to get a classic car, but I understand they're easy to steal.

If there are brass fittings they may yank or twist them off for metal value. I'm glad that they don't know my hood and trunk lid are aluminum or they'd pry up the edge and then unbolt it for raw aluminum scrap value. They are incredibly destructive parasites upon working society. It's good I have a low profile and don't attract their attention to my car. Aluminum alloy rims? They jam bits of metal, folded aluminum foil, or even paper clips into the keyholes of locking nuts as punishment for denying them your rims.

If not for the fear of police or your gun, they really would attack you in your own home. Take it over. Live there until your bank accounts and 401K runs dry from transferrals into the account. It's easy since they torture your codes out and use your card to withdraw cash from the ATM. Your 401K and company pension gets direct transfers into your bank account and no problem there.

The criminals are just too bold now. Too mocking of the law. Too mocking of people who work.
>>
>>15246792
The bar will hit the roof, you leg, parts of the dash. Anything that gets in the way of the long part. Yeah it doesn't stop you from starting the car and moving it forward, but you wont be making any turns with it.
>>
File: 1462742806758.jpg (32KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1462742806758.jpg
32KB, 572x303px
>>15248939
>but you wont be making any turns with it.

Wat.

>hits parts of the dash
Only true argument
>hit the roof
Depends on the car, calculating the size of that thing it most likely wont.
>your leg
You move it.

It will be harder to drive with it, sure, but not impossible, and its still a lock, so you can pick it.
>>
Those were all true arguments, go buy one and driving around with it on if its so easy lol
>>
>>15247186
Isn't owning a manual car in the US enough theft protection in itself?
>>
i used to have something that wouldnt make the car start unless you activated a certain accessory
then it decided to no longer work and i wasnt able to staret my car anymore, even with the switch of the little box in the off position.
i got it removed, on the back it said it was made in may of 1996
>>
>go to make a full right turn
>bar hits dash
>fuck
>go to make left turn
>hits roof or door
>fuck
>>
>>15248957
It's about piece of mind and bringing the 'do not steal' message to thieves. Bad guys can always tow the car away and saw it off.
>>
>>15241297
>>15248968
US thieves cant drive manual?
>>
>>15248997
American's can't drive manual in general
>>
>>15241297
>>15248997
>>15249059
I park my old manual-transmission Chevy next to anything newer/better (which is almost anything) and have no worries.
>>
>>15248997
>US thieves cant drive manual?

The thieves will just crudely drive the car and wreck the transmission. But it doesn't matter as in most cases, they strip the valuable parts out for sale on ebay or elsewhere.

Airbags have high demand. and they wreck pillars, dashes, and your seats to get those out fast. Your car is a real mess and you have to replace the bags and harness wiring too since spics and nignogs cut wires here and there at random in their rush....
>>
i have a crappy car
>>
>>15248968
Go park a manual Integra in a shady neighborhood and see what happens
>>
File: pepe.gif (2MB, 316x259px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.gif
2MB, 316x259px
>>15240639
I wish someone would steal my car.
>>
>>15250843
>Go park a manual Integra in a shady neighborhood and see what happens
The same thing as what happens to cars left on our freeways overnight. You come back, the passenger-side window is smashed (traffic can't see that side) and your airbags and other easily re-sellable parts are stripped out.

Remember that if you don't report this to the insurance company as a claim, and you don't repair the car, this new damaged state becomes the new official state of the car to the insurance company. So if it is stolen 32 days later without repair work being underway, they will only pay you the value of the legally undrivable car with all the damage from the thieves stealing parts from it because that was the new status of your car that you choose to keep. An insurance policy doesn't insure a car for its ideal blue book value for the age it is at if the owner doesn't actually have a driveable car. It does allow you time to begin repairs, but if you refuse, then that car becomes its new status. Otherwise, insurance companies would be inundated with a ton of false claims where the car owners would part out the cars and then turn in the cars for a theft claim in order to collect twice. Nope, the insurance compensates only for the burning hulk the owners turned their parted out car into.
>>
>>15242108
>imbliging they want your shitty car
most thieves are more interested in random items sitting in your car, be it your phone, wallet, w/e. Most of the time they'll jack your radio or speakers, i don't get this whole ''they steal the whole thing'' mentality you guys have.
>>
>>15251113
my neighbor got his car (civic) stolen and it was recovered in a nearby neighborhood. I don't remember what was missing but it was a single part that ~$100, like the water pump or something
>>
>>15241297
Lol, someone broke into my dad's ranger. Not sure if they were just trying to steal shit from it, but it is stock manual. So no radio, and guessing they couldn't drive manual.
>>
>>15241933

>those wheels
>those stickers

is the "100" referring to the power you wish it could make?
>>
It's as easy as not parking in a poor area. Poverty is the germ of crime.
>>
>>15247186
Thief starts car in gear synchro shifts away
>>
File: lock 1.jpg (268KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
lock 1.jpg
268KB, 800x600px
>>15251214
You beat me to it senpai.
>>
>>15248997
Niggers can't drive stick (so yes).
>>
>>15242200
I'd move out of that 3rd world shithole
>>
>>15251372
>Niggers can't drive stick (so yes).
They don't care about driving it nicely without damage. All that matters is getting away. If they burn out 1st gear or grind 2nd gear to tatters, they don't care. They only need to steal the car to a safe place they can then take it apart to meet part sales orders.
>>
>>15240639
what are the theft rates on post 2008/12 maybe cars. I was under the impression you cannot steal my car without the key or a flatbed with modern cars.
Unless it's one of those gone in 60 seconds super planned out thefts where they get keys premade from the dealership to steal your specific car.
>>
>>15246475
this
only people who don't hate niggers are people who never seen niggers in irl, AKA majority of white liberals living in white neighborhood

if you ever encounter with niggers irl, you'd hate them with passion
>>
>>15242333
Twingos are actually piss easy to steal and make it to the top 5 of most stolen cars every year in France

>>15242651
>>15242669
You know when you drive that moment when you have to turn the wheel? You're not gonna get that bar past the windshield/A-pillar/center console.
>>
>>15251364
where can I buy something this? Yes, I already tried visiting the site
>>
File: stealing that shit.jpg (120KB, 918x841px) Image search: [Google]
stealing that shit.jpg
120KB, 918x841px
>>15251487
replying to myself, the year was ~2000.
>>
>>15246475
>>15251492
The amount of nignog crime is UNDER-reported over here. That's because if there is no witness, then it is simple just a crime for that area's demographics. The city has been trying to get the police to make it harder to formally declare a crime so now there typically has to be a sworn statement of evidence and not just a statement of crime. For example, there has to be a broken window or pried open door damage. I guess the city is under pressure to look good and not have too many crime statistics that make the profitable taxbase people and businesses move out to suburbs.
>>
>>15240639
>Ever had your car stolen?

At the "Park and Ride" parking lot where people park their cars and get onto buses, it's not so much that cars get burgled, but you can get mugged. They know the places that don't check ID for use of credit cards. The other problem is the park and ride is across the street from an ATM, so sometimes, the perps lie in wait near the ATM. Most bank accounts allow at least $500 cash to be withdrawn each day so it's a good score.

Before you accuse me of racism, I am only speaking the truth as a former user of the Park and Ride. I was also a successfully mugged mugging victim. I had an attempt made while I was at the ATM but I ran off into a store and got away. In all cases, it was by well-dressed black people in the 20's. They wear hoodies to hide their hairline and face outline which basically prevents reliable ID. I had a full look at the face and if you put them in a lineup, I would be hard pressed to pick without the hairline, ears, and hair because that dark skin really does make the center of the face fairly similar if a hoody is worn. Yes, it is summer here and many still wear things with hoodies and baseball caps.
>>
>>15251113
My friend got his Integra stolen only for it to be found days later in a sketchy neighborhood w/o stereo, speakers, stock rims etc. Its easier for them to relocate it to remove more time consuming items and then dump the rest into an empty lot.
>>
>>15251513
This is the closest thing i found and it looks very promising since it locks the clutch and brakes.
>>
>>15251897
Forgot link
http://www.nkgroup.co.uk/product/clutch-claw-in-car-security-device/

>>15251513
>>
>>15251900
I also found this
http://www.tvl-ltd.co.uk/content/pedalbox

Dont kniw if its trully univeral thohgh.
>>
>>15251113
>i don't get this whole ''they steal the whole thing''
They can't work on your car in your nice suburb city. Too many watchers or even block watch. So they steal it to a place where people don't care or won't report them. Newer cars have recyclable aluminum hood and aluminum trunk lids and their heavy weight makes it worth getting scrap pricing. New AGM batteries are worth reselling.

Unfortunate for you if you left your garage door opening in the car since the registration shows where they can use that garage door opener to burgle your house when you are gone to work.
>>
>>15251907
It just seems so annoying to put on and take off since it is large and needs to be heavy metal. I guess it stays in the trunk for around the town trips and only gets used when parking at home.

Things need a loud tamper alarm though.
>>
i don't fix the body work and live in a good neighborhood
>>
File: steerrel_zoom6.jpg (27KB, 250x209px) Image search: [Google]
steerrel_zoom6.jpg
27KB, 250x209px
taking the steering wheel with u
>>
>>15241313
hacksaw.
>>
Go to store I always go to
Always park at the same spot
Go to store and parking spot I always use is not available.
I park my manual truck in a different spot.
Exit store
Truck is gone
Wtf!
Someone stole it in 10 mins?
Go out to where i parked
Look around
Oh...
It rolled away and hit a tree...
>>
But then they can just bring an autozone wheel? Or is it only a special wheel can attach?
>>
>>15253471
I have an nrg set up; pretty gud to keep people from even trying to steal your car.

I keep my steering wheel inside while I'm at home or keep it in the trunk while I'm at work, but I also want the nrg lock too so some dink with their own wheel doesn't steal my car.
>>
I've left my window rolled down all the one accidentally once and nothing happened.
Then again I don't live in a shitty neighborhood.
>>
My car is so shitty that I just leave the key in the ignition and it unlocked. It's an automatic 98 civic that's been totaled 3 times.
>>
I don't live near black people.
>>
File: I'm Watching You.jpg (207KB, 900x1279px) Image search: [Google]
I'm Watching You.jpg
207KB, 900x1279px
>>15255075
>I don't live near black people.
We need a label difference as there's a difference between black people and niggers. Plenty of black people are trying hard to avoid the stereotype. They also hate "niggers" that drag them down.

Living a distance away only gets rid of "Crimes of Opportunity" on your car, house, or person. Such zones extend out about 1.5 miles as seen in my local police statistics. At the monthly block watch meeting, the police rep was asked about the range of casual street crime and he said that of the arrested youths, the majority happened within one mile of their homes. For other criminals, the majority happened within 1.5 miles of their homes. Thus, many crimes were classed as "crimes of opportunity"

We don't live in the main city which has had a lot of threatened lawsuits by homeless advocates. The advocates wisely (smarmily) sidestep the crime issue. But citizens living there complain bitterly that having a lot of homeless near them has caused their crime rates to jump up a huge amount and they get garages and cars broken into far too often. Yes, garages.

For those of you here who don't have garages, a non-steel garage door wooden panel is far thinner and weaker than any normal door. So the criminals simply poke a hole and then cut out a small hole on each side of the garage door near the latches if you have a high end unlock before open door opener. But most people have the simpler garage door opener that just hooks to the center top door edge. So no observation needed in those cases as they attack the door panel there to unlatch the opener from the door. I reinforced the wooden panel there with gorilla-glued (irony) plywood

The tools are cheap and easily stolen from a dollar store which has nice sharp blades and holders for them. The latch positions are observed if not in a standard location, so if you ever see a homeless skulking about, it's probably either a lookout or someone casing to see where the latches are.
>>
>>15256946
>so if you ever see a homeless skulking about, it's probably either a lookout or someone casing to see where the latches are.

Actual homeless people don't plan so far in advance. If you leave the door open, or they can open it with a shove, your shit gets stolen.

The people that you see casing the neighborhood are pros. Even though their work clothes look like homeless, they probably drive a nicer car than you do.
>>
>>15242651
It's gonna jam into the door or the center console/driver's leg as soon as you turn the wheel more than a quarter turn depending on how it's positioned. That's theoretically. Practically you can just saw through the steering wheel relatively quickly when hijacking the car.

Also it's a good club for defense if you don't want to carry anything suspicious in your car like a metal baseball bat.

Also it's simply a stylish retro item for older cars because tons of drivers used it before the era of factory electronic alarms.
>>
>>15256980
>Actual homeless people don't plan so far in advance.

They do around here. A lot of homeless are released ex-felons shipped here by other states upon release. There are lots of clever, physically strong, mentally a predator type homeless here now.

It's why our homeless problem, despite tossing a lot of money into building more low-rent housing, giving jobs to pull them out, creating "make work" jobs to pull them out, well, we are failing at the rate of 30% more homeless each year. Other states see what we are doing and instead of applauding or doing the same, they save their tax dollars to line corrupt pockets and they ship their criminal or prison release problems to us with those free bus tickets and $150 bucks deals like the carolina prison does. If not for the shipping, we would have solved the problem because we really did have the four way partnership of gov't, businesses, NGO, and people willing to do the task. We are losing not because of our own problems, but because the other states dumped on us. It's not a failure yet, but those other states are pretty ruthless.
>>
>>15240639
Put the valuables out of sight in the boot, and lock the car when I'm away from it.
I don't park in shitty areas.
And the keys aren't visible from the door, or within reach of the letterbox.

This is Europe; modern cars are nearly impossible to steal without the keys or a tow truck. Most common method of car theft is to reach in through the letterbox and steal the keys from a table. Or break in and find the keys before pocketing any cash and valuables around.
The highest risk is some shithead smashing the window to get at your stuff.

>Ever had your car stolen?
No, but I once saw someone break a car window with a coat hanger to steal the sat-nav off the passenger seat that some dimwit left there. Safety glass just shatters if you press on it right.

>>15242325
It's only the Americans who're so lazy they can't drive manual transmissions, or make a huge thing about being able to.
Everyone else just gets on with it.
>>
>>15240639

Prevent Temptation.

Deterrence.

Theft Prevention.

Choosing a parking spot.
>>
File: 1337041063253.gif (435KB, 288x297px) Image search: [Google]
1337041063253.gif
435KB, 288x297px
>>15240639
By living and parking in a very white neighborhood with very low crime.
>>
File: 20150921_184219.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20150921_184219.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>15240639
>>
Security of cars will change.

>>15260250
>By living and parking in a very white neighborhood with very low crime.

That is harder and harder to do because the USA population is increasing quickly but it is mostly hispanics and blacks that are increasing due to the combination of high birth rates and low cyclic age. In the 2040's, the hispanics and blacks together will be the majority group in the usa. Once they have voting majority, they will vote to tear down Trump's fence, and outlaw all burglar alarms and guns in the hands of racists (a racist is defined as anyone who shoots a hispanic or black person).

In some places, there are significant numbers of blacks who are grandparents in their 30's. The birth rate is fueled by social welfare being cut off after 2 years of lazy non-working UNLESS there is a family with young children in it. Then, food, medical, and housing are paid for by the taxpayers. Because of this, even young girls that want or need to move out will get pregnant and enter the social welfare system.
>>
>>15261058
You're an idiot
>>
>>15261091
>ad hom
I'm so glad you talked me round to your way of thinking, Anon
>>
>>15261058
this. the town I live in used to place burning crosses on peoples front yards to get them to leave. had a chapter of a bike gang, nicknamed after the klan and shit less than 15 years ago.

I drive past a school on my way to work and I hardly see any white kids anymore
>>
>>15261096
>I'm so glad you talked me round to your way of thinking,
That ad hominem guy just isn't good with words. What he probably meant to say was that the other poster's comment of "harder and harder to do" is wrong. People will just create walled-off communities or even whole cities under the HOA umbrella of rules. The USA has retirement towns and cities like that already to keep riffraff out. Even visiting is difficult as some of them are somewhat secluded and there are strictly enforced no loitering rules. Thus, misbehavers simply can't live there unlike todays problem cities where you can't even keep them out of your own yard or else your cars will be vandalized. They pick their time to strike and punish you.
>>
File: Compare_Hiroshima_Detroit.jpg (84KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
Compare_Hiroshima_Detroit.jpg
84KB, 500x345px
>>15261129
>I drive past a school on my way to work and I hardly see any white kids anymore

Bold crime during the day is a problem in parts of detroit run by american blacks.

However, many muslim immigrants have been moving to the detroit area since the land is so cheap in many places. It's certainly not worse than where they came from with the never ending local small wars and bigger ones with ISIS. The first muslim run city in the USA is a suburb city of detroit now. Since it is politically controlled by muslims on the city council, it has voted a number of islamic-related items such as the mosques in the city can broadcast their call to prayer five times per day on loudspeakers. So instead of hearing the classic air raid siren sound across the city, you would hear the muslim call to prayer. Public schools also have more rules about female modesty and that extends even to physical education classes where tight fitting shorts provided more freedom of movement in field activities. The muslims are doing well and prospering and actually turning things around. Maybe america should be run by muslims instead of hispanics and blacks. If muslims were 50.1% of the population, things would be better. Except maybe they would vote for a Constitution Convention (allowed) and then have a rewrite of the Bill of Rights since the USA Constitution is illegal under Islam.

Car thieves would have their right hand cut off. That's currently illegal in the Bill of Rights, but done to Sharia Law.
>>
File: 1464461616445.jpg (74KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464461616445.jpg
74KB, 640x480px
>>15261177
>Maybe america should be run by muslims instead of hispanics and blacks
>>
>>15261188
Nobody is going to run the whole continent like those fags in Europe.
>>
>>15261188
How else will you improve car security then? In my area, it seems pretty clear that most of the car crime is by spics and blacks. They don't live around here yet they move around at night. There's no reason for that unless they are waiting for opportunity to do something.
>>
File: 1463720754933.jpg (952KB, 1262x1573px) Image search: [Google]
1463720754933.jpg
952KB, 1262x1573px
>>15261211
We kill the criminals and deport the immigrants.

Punisher style.
>>
>>15241297

>Be Jamal
>Get a v8 truck
>Break window
>Let off emergency brake
>Drive off
>>
>>15261222
>We kill the criminals and deport the immigrants.
The criminals will fix the problem by killing both the victims and witnesses. And the building will be burned down each time to stop recordings in cases of burglary. When the penalty is tough, the criminals kill off the victim (witness) because there is a net gain in doing so.
>>
I just lock the door if there are blacks near. Never had it stolen.
>>
>>15263302
The most important thing is to not leave anything in the car. When they see something is there, that tempts them to break your window.
>>
File: ggg.png (498KB, 595x428px) Image search: [Google]
ggg.png
498KB, 595x428px
>>15240639
I drive a literally who unassuming old car that is also in manual. Nobody will steal this.
>>
>>15262896
You give them too much credit.
>>
>>15263965
BACVK ON THE ROCKS BACK ON THE ROCKS
>>
>>15261211
sleep in your car or make a dummy and keep it in the driver's seat every night

kinda like a scarecrow
>>
>>15264230
Wheel power and go!

Street tires come on!
>>
>>15264239
Since there are plenty of muggings, sleeping in the car is just asking to be mugged. First of all, you are there with car keys. You have wallet, ID, house keys. They can move in and live in your house for a few days and drain your bank account casually and shop for stuff at stores with debit card and drive back with car. Identity theft with home invasions do occur in my city area particularly with elderly people who don't get visitors.

We had three such cases last year where homeless people moved in with elderly people, basically taking them hostage for short periods. In one case, one of the homeless got caught. The other two they got away after getting money withdrawals from ATMs. None of the elderly were killed or maimed but in one case the male was beaten until he provided ATM codes that worked. If you're a home-alone type and the criminals know you are living alone, then you might be a target for identity theft.
>>
File: gg.png (164KB, 320x267px) Image search: [Google]
gg.png
164KB, 320x267px
>>15264295
SPEEDY SPEED BOY
GASOLINE'S BURNING
SPEEDY SPEED BOY
AS FAST AS I CAN BE
SPEEDY SPEED BOY
EVERY NIGHT AND DAY
>>
>>15264381
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbuXJvvjBi4
>>
>>15240639
no, i live in a white neighborhood, only real issue with people fucking with my car is my neighbors, i park deep in my driveway(shared driveway) and they always have a work truck working on their house 2 inches away from my car if its not that then its their garbage cans leaning on my car, if not that they have their relatives over playing football and hitting my car, if its not that they have mexicans cutting their lawn getting grass shit all over my freshly waxed car(this really bothers me).

i park so far off the fucking street and still gotta deal with bullshit
>>
my car is a piece of shit sunfire so no one would ever break into it
>>
>>15264295
>Wheel power and go!
>Street tires come on!
Sorry, I don't have a magic transforming car. Beamer car, make up! In the name of BMW, I shall hoon you!
>>
File: Racequeen_Night_Watch.jpg (229KB, 1350x900px) Image search: [Google]
Racequeen_Night_Watch.jpg
229KB, 1350x900px
>>15240639
CHOOSE A GOOD PARKING SPOT:
If there is a street light lighting up your car, that works because other lights can be turned off or shot out by a air gun earlier in the day.

DON'T TEMPT GREEDY PEOPLE:
Keep the car empty looking. If there is stuff in the car, that makes them think you leave stuff in the glove compartment too.

HAVE SOME SORT OF ACTIVE DETERRENCE:
An alarm that also has a blinking light on the dash works. Unfortunately, a lot of thieves know the factory alarms dont sense broken glass so they just break the glass and never open the doors. If you have a block watch or other program, encourage more people to participate.

MOTION OR HEAT DETECTOR LIGHTS:
Have something aimed at the car that changes such as a light. It should be high enough it is not easily disabled. Those floodlights with the heavy thick glass fronts are resistant to breakage. And if you see glass on the ground underneath the lights, that might be a tipoff someone will attack the car later.

CAMERA:
That sort of discouraged them, but most thieves are bold and know they just need to wear a hoody and baseball cap to make video almost useless unless it is hollywood closeup grade video. But some computer driven video cameras can zoom in. I saw a demo of that at a Fry's Electronics retail store before.

RACEQUEEN NIGHT GUARD:
Picture: Have a race queen guard your car while you sleep.
>>
>>15242148 >>15246475 >>15251492 >>15256946 >>15261058 >>15261129
>I don't park in poor areas of the city and I have a garage.
Some of the more aggressive ones travel to prosperous areas using the bus. They come to you, so you don't need to live in a bad area. But those people then came up against Block Watch patrols that would ask them if they lived in the neighborhood. So those blacks felt threatened.

The main protection that most of the better groups of new houses use is the walled-off community with HOA. The city has gotten rid of "block watch" program many years ago because of similar problems with traytray. Only here, the black activists kept on filing lawsuits to waste public money. They know how to file it to cause the federal gov't to investigate, thus the blacks never really spend their own money. They manipulate the situation to be federal gov't antiracism investigation versus the pair of block watchers walking around. The black activists succeeded in getting rid of block watch. It's rather odd logic for blacks to feel threatened by block watch.

Without things like block watch to provide a unified wariness to unwalled neighborhoods, it makes each house an easier target. I suppose black lives matter feels less threatened by having no block watches.
>>
File: terrraformars.jpg (59KB, 276x411px) Image search: [Google]
terrraformars.jpg
59KB, 276x411px
>>15267414
>>
>>15268945
Long ago when I lived in a tougher area, my neighbors had a security light mounted on a pole. It didn't just protect their yard but also the neighbors. The perps shot the light out with some sort of pellet gun. It wasn't bullets, but they were strong enough to crack through the polycarbonate shield. Eventually they broke the tough plastic shield and then shot the light out.

Apparently light makes them nervous. They kept shooting the light out as it got replaced and finally the light was no longer replaced. So the perps won the battle in making the place more safe for those who want to skulk in the darkness waiting for opportunity.
>>
>>15242108
Which car is that?
>>
>>15240639
leave my keys in the car with a 20 dollar bill on the dash and my 60 pound dutch shepard waiting for the brave or stupid
>>
No niggers where i live.
>>
>>15268945
So appropriate for Terraformars. The author must have been so very deliberate with that character design.
>>
>>15267414
>>15268945
I found that to be a depressing anime. The humans kept on getting ground down by those large muscular black monsters with the afro type hairstyle. But it seems to be a popular manga and anime in Japan. So my tastes must be quite different.
>>
>>15270428
moon?
>>
>>15272712
They probably don't think about it as deeply as you. For me it was also lolbugs but then I read on the 4chan that they look like negroes.
>>
What about installing detachable driving wheel and taking it with you?

>>15273396
People laugh at poorer countries, but there is a clear benefit of no one wanting to immigrate there.
>>
>>15270160
Ford Mustang 2011 - 2014.
>>
>>15256946
>there's a difference between black people and n*g*ers
What is it and how can I recognize it? Knowing this would be helpful to me and my family's safety.
>>
>>15275340
When it comes to the safety of your family, just assume they're all niggers until proven otherwise.
>>
File: img_276.jpg (50KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
img_276.jpg
50KB, 960x640px
Drive lowered MT Miata with extra small full bucket seat. Locks don't even work so it's open 24/7. Considering most americans are fat, can't drive manual and think a miata is gay I'd say I'm pretty safe.

Had my 86 broken into years ago. They took the faceplate from my shitty $60 head unit and all the change in the ashtray. Ignored my brand new Nardi deep corn on a quick release, pair of Bride gias and a box of parts in the pass footwell with polished silvertop ITBs with new stacks on them.

You would think Jamal would know a bit about cars besides ayy mane dat shiny radio buttons doe
>>
>>15257075
>saw through the steering wheel relatively quickly
have you ever seen the internals of steering wheels?
there's at least half inch steel round stock around the wheel, that would be a bitch to cut through, especially sitting inside a car trying to be quiet
>>
>>15275340
Ask them what they think of the honda CRX

Black people hate them, niggers say they're cool cars and ask if you have any friends that drive them.
>>
File: k.jpg (498KB, 1200x804px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
498KB, 1200x804px
never had it stolen, thanks Jesus
>>
>>15275502
>interacting with a nog
>>
File: Villainy.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Villainy.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>15275485
>there's at least half inch steel round stock around the wheel
It had been shown on public television in the 1990's (which is when I saw it) that someone strong can use a blade with aggressive teeth and saw hard. With the windows rolled up, there is no real sawing noise to hear when you are inside the house. As for this "half-inch or bigger" myth, I've seen some steel steering wheels stripped of their coverings, and they were more like 3/8 inch thick soft steel.

>>15242039
>there was a hispanic dude crouched into my back door when I walked up
>As soon as I noticed the back seat was unlocked he yelled that he was tying his son's shoes (who was standing about 6 feet away from him on the other side of the car),
>proceeded to call me a racist profiler for accusing him, someone of mexican descent of breaking into their car and proceeded to say he would "beat the shit" out of me if his kid wasn't there.
They use the racist angle all the time. I confronted thieves in my fenced backyard stealing fruit from the well-maintained fruit trees. Since they had bags, it was planned. I had a club and cellphone or else they would have assaulted me and then had a leisurely time looting the house. It was a close call and I am glad they chose to leave. If not for cellphone, they might have killed me since the club didn't seem to scare them much.

I had two pellet gun holes in a rear window. So someone felt resentment. Yes, they took the fruit in the bags they had already picked. Looting was successful despite homeowner interference. HIspanic Lives Matter.
>>
>>15240639
I take the battery out almost everywhere I go. It's an AGM so it's very light.
>>
>>15274182
>For me it was also lolbugs but then I read on the 4chan that they look like negroes.

To avoid the racism angle, it is referred to as cockroaches and people point out the antenna. But it basically is a comically enhanced muscular afro-wearing male negro with barely visible antennas. Cockroaches don't look like negros. These creatures breed fast and are hyper-violent if denied what they want.
>>
>>15275853
>I take the battery out almost everywhere I go. It's an AGM so it's very light.

You could simply install a cutout block and yank that cutout. A battery is still a lot of trouble to yank out and lock down as you go from hotel to hotel on a trip. Needing to do that would drain the "uncaring vacation" feeling out of the trip for me.
>>
>>15275882
>a cutout block
can be bridged with any screwdriver
>drain the "uncaring vacation" feeling out of the trip
You're gonna care when Jamal takes your car on a joyride at 2AM.
>>
>>15276399
>You're gonna care when Jamal takes your car on a joyride at 2AM.

Most car thefts in my area are done for:
1. Parts (not joyriding if parts are taken off)
2. Use as a getaway or cruising/blocker car in another crime
3. Joyriding as a car that can get beat up and dented
4. Transportation

Yes, sometimes the joyriders simply deliberately drive the car into a wall to trigger off the airbags while in it. For thrills!!!
>>
File: 547654764765.jpg (19KB, 183x283px) Image search: [Google]
547654764765.jpg
19KB, 183x283px
I live in rural Indiana.
>>
>>15275863
The Terraformars anime series has at least two anime seasons. Download the first season via bakabt at:

https://bakabt.me/torrent/179931/

It was originally released as a heavily cenosored version since these black creatures are very violent and it was too violent for normal anime. But after complaints about the first three episodes being censored, the company re-released the first three censored episodes as uncensored versions. The remainder of the episodes starting with episode 4 were released without censorship present although there was some controversy if the company simply removed some of the hyperviolence due to racism complaints and used filler to make sure the amount of broadcast time was appropriate.

Thus, the first three episodes remain the best examples of the originally planned violence of the black creatures.
>>
by locking it and hoping i can hear if someone is trying to shimmy my door open

one house where i lived i could leave it unlocked all the time with coins/other stuff in it and nothing would get taken. other house i left it unlocked a few times because one of the doors had a broken interior lock, and someone came in and took some coins (i had about 10-15 dollars in coins and they took about 8 or so dollars worth and left some in there).
it only got physically broken into once (probably shimmy'd door) and after that i was thinking of installing a car alarm, but cbf because it's a shitbox and easier just to not leave money in it. really only wanted to install it to catch the cunt/s

living in shit areas sucks. the house where i can leave it unlocked my neighbours all have dogs who will bark at outside noise, and there's nosy neighbours who will notice noises at night and watch people if they're walking on the street (which is in a fairly secluded residential area). the other house noone watches anything because dodgy people walk by all the time, and noone has any dogs in the street (besides 1, but the dog never barks at anything).

dogs are one of best deterrents/alarms, especially if you have a front yard the dog can roam to at night/day
>>
>>15280423
>there's nosy neighbours who will notice noises at night and watch people if they're walking on the street

While some people don't like nosy neighbors, that's what it takes to reduce crime in an area. People who keep watching and calll the police
>>
>>15242636
My fuel pump mountz to the side of the engine and is driven off the cam. Where is its fuse?
>>
>>15240639

It has an alarm system.
It's manual.
I don't live in a bad neighborhood.
>>
>>15281045
>While some people don't like nosy neighbors, that's what it takes to reduce crime in an area. People who keep watching and calll the police

An active block watch also makes the more skittish criminals avoid that neighborhood. They go to other neighborhoods whose block watch don't film or take pictures of people and cars they don't know. It's legal for block watch because they are private citizens. No one can require a model release form for the block watch to take photos.
>>
>>15282696
Take off the pump and remove the cam follower.
>>
>>15284353
Sorry, my car doesn't use a carburetor so that type of protection doesn't work.
>>
>>15286832
Your fuel pump still works with the cam follower missing?
>>
>>15240639
So, I drive my 1979 Oldsmobile to the cab stand to pick up my taxi and drive over the weekend. I leave the keys in the ignition because, hey, it's Canada. It stays there for two days. I'm sitting at the cab stand admiring my Oldsmobile, and I take a short call. I come back ten minutes later and chat with my co-worker for a bit. When I notice my car is missing, I immediately think my co-workers moved it to trick me. That's when buddy points out the 8PM Greyhound just left. Interesting.

So I report it stolen. Nothing of value in the car but my Creedence cassettes and my briefcase, with, um, business papers. The Queen's Cowboys go to work as they do.

Two months later, I receive a call that my car has been recovered. Unfortunately, they tell me it is in Prince George, B.C. (I'm in mid-northern Alta.) My father and I decide to take a road trip over there and recover the Oldsmobile.

When we arrive in Prince George, we follow the directions to the dime to get to the tow yard. Every street matches up, the trailer park on the right, the abandoned gas station. But no, the car was not in fact in Prince George, but in an identical neighborhood in Chetwynd. So after a long day, another 300km just to get to the car.

We arrive in Chetwynd in the late hours of the night, I have to pay an additional $100 just to get the guy out of bed to bill me the rest. The car is as it was, and with more gasoline than when it was stolen.

Turns out a couple of local guys couldn't afford a Greyhound ticket so when they saw my car, they saw an opportunity. When they miscalculated the amount of gas to siphon to get to Chetwynd, they ran out on the side of the highway and decided to take a nap in the car. RC's were soon there.

Overall, thousands of dollars to recover a $2000 car, but I have no regrets.
>>
>>15287081
>Your fuel pump still works with the cam follower missing?
My electrically powered fuel pump is at/in the gas tank like with most fuel-injected cars. The car has two main fuses boxes, and the one under the hood is easy to open and close without undue wear and tear. It uses ATM fuses, but yanking one just means the criminal would trade an unyanked fuse over to the missing one.

So the obvious choice is yanking the tiny starter relay in the fusebox as that is unique. But these connectors are probably not made for frequent insert cycles because that would waste money to overbuild them for durability when it is not expected they will be cycled more than several times in their whole lifetime. So I am hesitant about yanking those parts and replacing them frequently.

My previous car had a tiny black pushbutton installed in an out of the way spot above the driver's left leg. It had to be pushed once to start the car as it would close a relay for about 24 seconds as it otherwise interrupted the line to the starter relay. In case this cutout relay was accidentally bad, there was a cutout whose plug was normally removed and hidden in the trunk. The cutout could be plugged in bridging the relay and that would make the starter line about as normal as before this feature was installed as part of the 2nd alarm system I put in since the factory alarm wasn't discerning enough. I wanted paging if someone broke the windows, picked open the trunk, or cut the main battery line. In that car, the battery main line was able to be cut from underneath the front of the car if you angled in that large wire could be seen.

As it turns out, my next job was to move to a new state and the alarm was essentially wasted since that area was low crime. No more hispanics. They would cut the main battery lead which stopped factory alarms from sounding. Then they'd strip the car fast of the high value resellable or ebayable items. There would be less parts theft without ebay.
>>
>>15288588
I've always like the idea of an electrical spark source in the gas tank. It's a warm and comfy feeling.
>>
File: This is how hot it is today.jpg (54KB, 432x648px) Image search: [Google]
This is how hot it is today.jpg
54KB, 432x648px
>>15251492
The thieves are greedy and so they come to the good neighborhoods. Hiding doesn't work in the long run because they are breeding so many so fast. It's spreading like a cancer and blights the cities. Because the rich live in their enclaves, that means the problem disproportionately affects the middle class and poor. That makes them even worse off compared to the weallthy. In the long run, the nigger epidemic is less a tax upon prosperity and more like a disease upon the middle and lower classes.

Picture could be how hot this summer gets in your car?
>>
>>15287200
>I leave the keys in the ignition because, hey, it's Canada.
There are still places in Canada with remnants of the old days' attitude of community safety?

As immigrants from various other strife-torn ruthless places migrate all over, the homogenuous prior feelings of safety disappear. Pockets still exist, and I guess you came from one such pocket into the real world where troubled people migrate all over. While diversity spreads skills, it also spreads problems.
>>
>>15292489
Come back to your car for freshly baked cookies! I see it's necessary to insulate the pans from the dash with layers of towels. Don't want to cook the dash.
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.