[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is what you get for betraying gasoline environment cucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 12

File: 1465587762378[1].jpg (761KB, 991x957px) Image search: [Google]
1465587762378[1].jpg
761KB, 991x957px
This is what you get for betraying gasoline environment cucks
>>
it'll be hacked in a month
>>
>>15239743
>implying you won't be able to pirate the upgrade
>>
>>15239749
>can't let you do that Dave
>>
>tfw we live in an age where we will be able to download a car
what a time to be alive
>>
>>15239743
thats what people get for thinking a "Technology Company" would be better at making cars than a car company.

in exchange for no emissions and a smug sense of self-worth you get micro-transactions and having to pay more just to use features you already have. next thing you know Tesla will add a secondary backup battery pack to the car when you get stranded but you have to charge a fee with your Paypal™ account to use it.
>>
>>15239787
see >>15239749
>>
File: maverick.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
maverick.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>15239743
in age where you can jailbreak your car. i'm sure someone will try anyway.

with all that money, they could've had a v8
>>
>>15239823
you wanna know the real kicker? A fully loaded Tesla is more expensive than a fully loaded GTR.
>>
>>15239841
Gtr is meme. Tesla will run circles around it with far less maintance and fuel (depending on where you live) while keepeing you comfy and in quiet cabin
>>
>>15239856
GTR can run more circles. Gas Tank would also last longer than 10 years
>>
>>15239856

>teslacucks believe this
>>
>>15239856
>implying I want a quiet cabin?
>implying I can take my tesla out for a few day without worry?
>implying i give about comfy cabin?

i'll take a rough v8 with a hard suspension over some comfy foofoo bullshit.

>starbucks and apple: the car
>>
File: 1411177032278.jpg (2KB, 89x124px) Image search: [Google]
1411177032278.jpg
2KB, 89x124px
>>15239856
>Tesla will run circles around it
nigga wat? A Tesla can barely complete a lap of the Nurburgring before it needs a recharge...
>>
>>15239871
so you want slow, loud and uncomfortable car. Fine, suit yourself, ill just fly past you while taking a nap
>>
>>15239743
so the s60 charges the battery to 80% capacity so you'll get battery longevity and the s75 battery to max and will die sooner.

either way you're cucked.
hahahaha.
but the s60 is a better choice.
>>
>>15239881
enjoy your soy nonfat latte with your boyfriend.

loud, and uncomfortable is fine.

maybe the electric game is coming, but they haven't convinced me yet. and it'll take more than this shit to do so.
>>
>>15239876
Citation needed.
>>
>>15239912
whatever dude, ill gladly take luxury car that doesnt require fuel and is slower by a half a second than a ferrari while costing 3 times less

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nQDU7HOStc
>>
>>15239876
The only way a tesla can beat anything is in a straight line . If you throw a corner at it good luck, because that 5000 lbs land barge is going to navigate it like a dead whale.
>>
>>15239962
>being this lazy

I suppose willful ignorance can do a lot

http://insideevs.com/expected-tesla-model-s-fails-lap-nurburgring-full-power-video/
>>
>>15239984
starbucks and apple: the car

sure the product looks good, and should perform well
have to plug it in at exclusive locations.
have to pay to unlock features.
has no soul

sure you can make me think this is a good idea. what happens when your battery life starts to fade, when you aren't getting 210 miles on charge, but 110.

could've had a v8
>>
File: 1426907034042.png (1MB, 1280x717px) Image search: [Google]
1426907034042.png
1MB, 1280x717px
>>15240001
CORVETTE'D
>>
>>15239998
Have you ever driven one through some curves? I know they have stupid toque and shit, but they're actually pretty well balanced - the weight is mostly symmetrical and the center of gravity is obscenely low. For a 5000 pound car, it actually handled very nicely in the CA canyons I drove it in. Granted, that was at less than full tilt, and we know what happens when you do that (see: >>15240001)
>>
>>15239998
>in a straight line
And only to about 60 mph. Then it falls flat.
>>
>>15239743
It's literally a Macfags wet dream on wheels
>>
>>15239962
Son of Tesla owner here, Can confirm.
>>
Telsa's a shit, severely gimping their lower bracket cars with software instead of providing different hardware.
Like nvidea.
>>
>>15240035
How long does it last under heavy road conditions? I know track wears it out, but it might last better on the road where you can't go quite as all-out.

>>15240009
Let's be honest it got passed by virtually every petrol-engined car. It passed two vehicles and got passed by like over 15?
>>
>>15239998
They drove one in Top Gear US and it handled very well but won't drift. Granted it's just a TV show but sounds about right.
>>
>>15239984
>Doesn't require fuel
>People actually believe this
>>
>>15239749
And they will remotely disable your car and confiscate it.

Check the purchase contract on a Tesla, it's ridiculous
>>
>>15240138
>/r/cars "journalism"
>credible

You might as well ask RCR about performance dynamics.
>>
automotive DLC.

Come on now!
>>
File: 1465527086767.png (659KB, 637x771px) Image search: [Google]
1465527086767.png
659KB, 637x771px
BREAKING NEWS: OPTIONS ON CARS COST MONEY
>>
>>15239743
>EE here
I would personally not buy one, but I'm looking forward to musks other projects.
I'm not surprised this is happening. Soon we might not even have the right to repair, let alone modify or ownership. It's currently a fad company and people are viewing it through rose colored glasses, and even though they have done a few things right, the end consumer always ends up getting fucked by policies and the 'ownership' terms.
I wonder if these types of policies would rub off on other manufacturers, and how long do we have.
Reminds me somewhat of Deadmau5's Nyan 458 incident a few years ago.
>>
>>15240336

Zach is pretty cute, would prolly suck him off.
>>
>>15240336
The issue is precisely that: it's not an option.
There's no hardware or service to justify the increase in cost. It seems it's deliberately crippled. If they officially anounce some difference in either hardware or software that genuinely justifies the difference in cost that isn't "we disabled x feature, give us money to enable it" then I'll rescind any opinion.
>>
File: exotic pepe.jpg (105KB, 704x960px) Image search: [Google]
exotic pepe.jpg
105KB, 704x960px
>>15239743
on-car dlc, nice
>>
>>15240356
enthusiasts will still exist though.
it's just metal and software.
it can never be more than that

unless they outlaw machining and coding you'll never get rid of modification and repair.

it really only concerns normies and they dont give a fuck anyway.
>>
>>15239758
you only need a 3d printer bro
>>
>>15240405
>enthusiasts will still exist
I hate that argument. No. The increasing complexity of devices without any information published means that to get anything done it turns a simple modification/repair into a 40 hour endeavor.
>it's just metal and software
It's also nuanced law, and not your 'intellectual' property to modify.
>it can never be more than that
see above. granted you may never get rid of it, but easily make it untenable at independent shops beyond dealership repair and maintenance.
https://www.eff.org/issues/right-to-repair
replace 'device' with 'car.'
>>
File: CkbSasiWUAAy1nk.jpg large.jpg (329KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
CkbSasiWUAAy1nk.jpg large.jpg
329KB, 2048x1536px
But IC cars already have firmware upgrades.

>The manufacturer performed a software update on my engine. It has a bug. There is no fix yet. #welcometothefuture
https://twitter.com/dawuss/status/740510550543699968
>>
File: CkbeoJlWEAABhU_.jpg large.jpg (176KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CkbeoJlWEAABhU_.jpg large.jpg
176KB, 1024x768px
>>15240492
>@internetofshit @dawuss I had this happen. Here's how my journey continued:
https://twitter.com/kludgebox/status/740523978394116096
>>
>>15239787
He doesn't own PayPal anymore. I'll never forgive him for PayPal.
>>
>>15239856

Bait. The post. Will /o/ eat it? Of course. Because this board sucks.
>>
>>15240432
It will only deter the lowest common denominator.
All the software in your 2010 car is already proprietary.
But third party management systems exist, and are better.
And eventually inverters and controllers for electric cars will be cheap and readily available as well.
And electric cars don't require the kind of maintenance petrol ones do.

About all they can do is make it illegal to register on public roads if tampered with, which already exists on a lower level with OBD ready checks.

but off-highway enthusiasm will be the same, unless they make that illegal too.

Obviously I don't agree with it, but it won't ever destroy tinkering. The monetary investment is too low and the technology isn't complex enough.
>>
>>15240357
You post smug anime faces in your spare time hey
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 728x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 728x640px
>>15239752
>You wouldn't download a car
>>
>>15240542
>already exists with odb ready checks.
Ya - cause , you know..... Not a single person has ever installed a mil eliminator...
>>
>>15240577
CEL is not a ready check first of all, and secondly that's exactly my point you daft cunt.
>>
>>15239749
>>15239752
>tesla sees your car hasn't been upgrading
>battery reports ranges
>Tesla tells battery to never turn back on next time you charge

This is a battery that literally tells Tesla HQ that the battery is actively taking on water.
This is a car that sends feedback back about everything, it won't work.
also
>trusting cracks in a 2 ton piece of metal
>>
>>15240138
They must be fucking retards or something, Nob drifted it just fine in this video
https://youtu.be/JOXDsUCZfgg
Honestly thinking about converting my dying drift ae86 into some DIY electric drift car for that sweet torque
>>
>>15240014
You can claim it's handles well but it's still a 5000+lbs car and you can't beat physics. It will be substantially slower around a road course than say a 3800lbs car even if that other car has 100 hp less.

More weight means more momentum which means the tires, brakes and suspension has to work harder to get any change in that momentum. I got to take a ride in a p85d Tesla model S and while it accelerated like crazy. In the turns it wallows around like a big pig with enough body roll to make it feel like it was going to flip over. It is the furthest thing from a sports sedan instead it's like an old muscle car. Good performance in a straight line and a nice cruzer but sucks at anything else.
>>
>>15240503
What part of paypal? Paypal was a service provided by Musk's competitor to zip2. They merged and then became the company Paypal. So his influence in Paypal is limited.
>>
>>15239743
People in here are software pirates, so they don't believe in paying for software.
>>
>>15240336

>assmad electric dildo owner
>>
>>15240336
Sure some one worked to make that code, specially if its a software update or a FW update, but if its just enabling a feature the car already has but its blocked by code, that is a pretty shitty thing to do

Not like it never happened before, doesn't Ford do this by charging over 2grand for Nav in your infotainment system when its just a software update/enabling?
>>
This will end up pretty interesting. Seeing as how Tesla is open sourced, a new generation of "tuners" will be putting out all types of mods. Not a fanboy but im excited bout the implications.
>>
File: 1443033896354.png (80KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1443033896354.png
80KB, 500x501px
>>15240336
>>
>>15241432
>Open source
>Have to call a technician to open your door sometimes
>>
>>15239871
hmmm yes.
fuck future cars i want to do this in the future https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teFXjTSQGDQ

BRAP BRAP BRAP with my home made gasoline made from melting plastics
>>
>>15239984
They are $140k with a wait, or $200k private sale here.

I'd rather spend the money on a secondhand HSV Clubsport/GTS or FPV F6/GT-F, throw a bit of cash into either and flog the Tesla anyday for less or comparable cash.
Give it a few years too, the HSV/FPV's will be worth a bit once Ford and Holden stop production of them too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvB64xFs4Ws
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcI-yzbrJi4
>>
>>15239984
>luxury
>tesla
>teslafags actually believe this
>>
File: 1465542044940.jpg (136KB, 822x756px) Image search: [Google]
1465542044940.jpg
136KB, 822x756px
>>15240001
>http://insideevs.com/expected-tesla-model-s-fails-lap-nurburgring-full-power-video/

That isn't it running out of battery, but essentially thermal throttling.

Faggot.
>>
>>15243275
Other guy here.

The end result is the same whether its battery was drained or its engine shut down. The car failed to finish the circuit.
>>
>>15239984
Just because it has the same acceleration in a straight line does not put it in the same league as a Ferrari. Or any other sports car.

The thing handles like an ocean liner. No amount of electric motors will fix that.
>>
>>15243192
fuck off australia
>>
>>15243657
Nah, you first cunt.
>>
>>15243643
"but anon, you can drink your starbucks and look at facebook on your iphone at the same time cause autopilot, who needs performance"~faggot hipster/hippy hybrid
>>
Tesla owners are insufferable cunts. I used to work at a place where they would send us their alignments to do, put on tires, etc.

First of all, the suspension is weak on it. Good luck having ball joints if you hit any pothole. Seen around 8 of the 2015 models with bad ball joints already. Oh, the 14 models already have the clear coat peeling and leather cracking, as well as ice on the door handles will either break them or they'll shoot the ice out at your face.

It's a fast car though! I'll give it that!

One Tesla owner said "You know, I heard somewhere that Teslas are powered by the intelligence of their owners."
>>
>>15239743
What about ECU's that limit the engine on factory settings and then getting a new tune makes the car faster
Same shit no?
>>
tesla_s60-s75_patch[CRACKED].tor
>>
>>15243932
>One Tesla owner said "You know, I heard somewhere that Teslas are powered by the intelligence of their owners."

>implying that people who buy Teslas aren't intelligent
>>
>>15243932
That's not Tesla, that's just any American made car.
>>
>>15239743
DLC on the disc.
>>
>>15244001
factory tunes are usually safer and put less strain on the engine, so i wouldn't say it's the same
>>
>>15244037
>Tesla owners
>Intelligent
Top kek.
>>
>>15244041
You mean Volkswagens, right?

Also, the Tesla is a $100,000 car and it has as bad of parts as a Passat.
>>
>>15243643
>b-but muh electric drivetrain torque vectoring

Not that it changes the fact that it weighs as much as a small country, and no amount of physics-fucking witchcraft is going to get that thing around a hairpin.
>>
Just to clarify the tesla vs gtr argument at the start of the thread.

The tesla is fucking gutless. It will get to 100 fast as the GTR, no fucking problems....and quickly fizzle out.

The GTR and infact, any decent sports car will demolish it all the way to 250. It's gutless in the top end. It relies on getting a quick launch (a really quick one) to make itself look good.

But that's not the worst part. It's fucking shit in the corners and as >>15240001 mentioned it can't even go around a track.

Teslas are not fucking race cars, they are not sports cars, they are literally a family sedan that has tech shit in it and can go fast for a little bit at the lights.

Don't think otherwise.

And don't think i hate electric cars either, i think the 918 is fucking superb. Amazing engineering and a great use of electric.

The tesla is a meme machine, marketed to the same kind of people who buy apple. The same people who believe musk invented batteries (yes i've talked to people like this)
>>
>>15243631
It did finish. Just not at full power.

The article you linked says that.

You fucking faggot.
>>
>>15239749
Good luck with that. They'll change it back with the next software update.

if they find out what you did. You'll have violated your end user license agreement and the warranty. then they sue your ass.
>>
Tesla is reducing manufacturing costs by reducing the number of variables in construction.
>>
>>15240336
>artifically limiting a products potential so you can squeeze more bucks for it
>a brand that markets itself as enviromentally friendly makes their product less efficient so they waster more energy while they drive
>getting a decent product is now an extra option
>>
>>15240496
>bmw crossover
He deserve that
>>
>>15247169
except they aren't doing any of that.

>battery packs are expensive to make. the fewer types you have to make the cheaper manufacturing costs are.
>the hardware for autopilot, superhcarging, etc are so cheap that they go ahead and just put them in. simplifying production and making it cheaper.
>a few changes in software and you sell the car for less. in hopes you can get a few more people into the Model S. That would have otherwise waited for the Model 3 or gone for a competitors car.
>sometime in the future they will that customers will have cash and the desire to upgrade. that upgrade nets them a few hundred more dollars.
>>
>>15239743
Guy, Tesla it's already costing Tesla to put that shit in your car. It's easier for them to just include one type of model instead of fitting them.

Maj youre a fucking asshole. That's why we don't have smartphone with unlockable CPUs. I'd kill to get a 12gb smartphone that i only need to use 4Gb now and after two years unlock to 8gb and then 12gb hears later to keep it smooth.

It's smart You fuck head. Tell me.exacly why this is wrong.
>>
Detroit diesel used to do this with their 60 series engines.

From the factory, they would charge like 10 grand extra to get the 500 hp engine rather than the 300 one. The difference was only software, it was the same engine mechanically.

If i were to change it in the shop, it would literally take about 5 seconds and a few mouse clicks to bump it up 200 hp. But if the vehicle was in warranty, they'd void it out if the hp rating was ever changed.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.