[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tomorrow I am buying an 1987 mercedes 560 SEL one owner with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1991-560SEL-cc-lead1.jpg (178KB, 625x326px) Image search: [Google]
1991-560SEL-cc-lead1.jpg
178KB, 625x326px
Tomorrow I am buying an 1987 mercedes 560 SEL one owner with about 180k km, clean beige leather interior.
it's problems are a valve that causes a failure to start every month or so (rarely)
driver side window doesn't roll down
paint is faded but easily repaintable
just got serviced of over 600$ + brand new exhaust front to back 800$
I am buying it for 900$
Did I do good /o/? do you think this car will last me a good while?

pic related but from google
>>
It may be a reliable runner but don't fucking dare to think that you won't have to spend money on fixing shit in the near time.
>>
It's a 30 year old German land barge that has barely acceptable performance, congrats you should have bought an LS400
>>
>>15235346
>Did I do good /o/?
Post an actual pic.
>>
File: 560sel.png (708KB, 818x492px) Image search: [Google]
560sel.png
708KB, 818x492px
>>15235363
>>
>>15235397

>selling a car

>making some shaky midnight photos on a mall parking lot

...fucking seriously?
>>
>>15235356
>barely acceptable performance
>should have bought an LS400
It's got a 5.6 liter V8, dingus, and none of that timing belt bullshit, unlike the LS.
>>
>>15235926
>It's a big V8 so it must be good

You realize there's V12s out there that make less power than a Civic?
>>
>>15235926
Considering its got more horsepower and better gas .mileage than the 560 SEL, timing belts are worth it, also that transmission in the SEL is shit compared to the LS400
>>
>>15235926
So basically you're a badge whore with no intelligence, got it

You realize that the LS was the car that scared the ever loving shit out of Mercedes, right?
>>
>>15235346

Another Mercedes that will be beaten down to shit.

Mark my words.
>>
Expect tons of maintenance.
On one hand, you just bought a $50k car for $900, even collectors value these at at least a few grand.

On the other hand, this is NOT a low fuss daily driver. You'll be spending considerable time and money in the garage. If you keep fixing it, it will live for a very long time, but little shit will constantly be breaking

Then again, for 900 you could just neglect it, it into the ground in a year, and Still get your money's worth
>>
>>15236083
Thanks for being the only anon with knowledgable input
It is more of a project car than anything I will just drive it summer and work on it whenever I have time. I want to paint it black and could resell it for double it's price. Where I live these are unicorns, especially the 560
>>
$900 is very good.

When I get out of apartment living and get a place with a garage I plan to get one just like that for a Sunday cruiser and project car to learn wrenching on.
>>
ls400
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.