[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a 1996 f150 that I slammed into a tree back in March.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1996-ford-f150-wrkbmqmz.jpg (816KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1996-ford-f150-wrkbmqmz.jpg
816KB, 1600x1200px
I have a 1996 f150 that I slammed into a tree back in March. I've decided to fix it instead of scraping it. Engine is fine. Airbag deployed. I put a new belt on since the old one was fucked from the wreck. The lights inside the cab and shit still work but when I go to start it, nothing. Fuel pump works as I can hear it. What can I do to start this piece of shit? I reset the inertia switch, charged the battery, and when I go to crank it, nothing. What is wrong with my shitbox?
>>
You need three things for combustion in a petrol engine. Fuel, spark and compression. Check you have all three on all cylinders and then come back to us.
>>
>>15193881
When turning the key does it turn over to start? If no, whack starter with a hammer, try again.
>>
Power to the starter is broken or shorted. Since interior lights are on, ECU(in 96?) is probably getting power. Trace wire back from starter.
>>
>>15193881
if pic related
>"i's gon scrap it"
kys
>>
Now that I completely disabled the airbag, it cranks. It won't start. Runs on starter fluid, so it's getting spark and compression. I believe it's a bad fuel filter.
>>
File: received_1320874497939483.jpg (58KB, 480x816px) Image search: [Google]
received_1320874497939483.jpg
58KB, 480x816px
>>15195558
That ones not mine, this one is.
>>
>>15195714
When you said you hit a tree I didn't know you meant that you facefucked it.
>>
>>15197919
Did you think he backed into it?

>>15195708
Fuel line may be damaged
>>
>>15195714
Looks pretty bad....but check starter relay it's on the inside of the passenger(?) Fender near the top look it up if you don't know try to jump power to the smaller pin from power
>>
Are you sure you reset the inertia/crash switch?

Crack a fuel line at the filter and crank it over, see if it sprays fuel.

Check pressure at injectors if you have the tools for it

Any ecu codes?
>>
Confirm that the injectors are firing. The injectors should get a 12v feed and the ECU grounds them to fire.

You can buy little noid light to confirm.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.