[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to come with on Hot Rod Power Tour?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_9163.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9163.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I figured /o/ might be interested.

Wanted: Co-Driver for Hot Rod Power Tour.
Must be willing to help wrench on and ride in an ancient 1973 Toyota Celica. (in Wisconsin)
Must be available sometime between now and June 9th for wrenching. June 9th-20th for driving.
Will be asked to split costs of food, some fuel, and Airbnbs. for sleeping.
Does not need to pay for multi-day HRPT pass.
Mechanical and conversational skills a plus.

Post ITT.
>pic related, it's the car in its current state
>>
>>15190002
>conversational skills a plus
You came to the wrong place m8
>>
>>15190010
Eh, I figure here there's a likelihood of people who would talk about car things and weeb things. so it's not like it'd be hard to have a conversation.
>>
>>15190027
I hear ya, I'm sure they would talk about cars but there would be a ton of silence, I'd be interested if I didn't have a kid and other responsibilities, who knows you might luck out here
>>
>>15190039
>responsibilities
ADVENTURE.
>>
Why would you willingly surround yourself with boomers?
>>
>>15190047
Well also the fact that i'm mechanically inclined, but don't know shit about a 43 year old Celica, and funds are low
>>
>>15190059
its got 4 cylinders, in a row. its got 4 carbs, in a row. it's got 5 forward gears, a driveshaft, an open diff, and rear drum brakes.

it's pretty simple.

>>15190055
seems like it could be a fun event, and until it started to get overwhelming, it seemed like a good deadline to get the car done for, since I missed last year.
>>
>>15190082
I don't see how being stuck in traffic for a week and people rear ending your car can be fun.
>>
>>15190099
road trip in an old car with others in old cars.
>>
>>15190082
But no reverse? Wtf
>>
>>15190111
I forgot. yes, it has reverse. need to get the reverse lights hooked up, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px)
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Heating up the rear rubber line to change it yielded a lot of smoke from the PB blaster.
>>
>>15190138
What engine does it have?
>>
>>15190138
>applying heat to chemicals
welders die that way you know.
>>
>>15190144
22r bottom end with 20r head.

4 Yamaha R1 carbs on a custom manifold.
>>
>>15190154
yeah, I'm sure it was terrible for me. it eventually yielded.
>>
>>15190156
Have you dyno'd it yet? I didn't think much could be gotten out of the 22R without boost
>>
>>15190167
nope. not dynoed. built for fun. if it's making 110hp at the crank I'll be happy. it doesn't weigh anything.
>>
>>15190182
How much does it weigh?
>>
>>15190189
brand new 2400 lbs. probably 2200 with rust weight loss and lack of interior.

its not fast. but it is fun.
>>
File: route.png (172KB, 516x867px) Image search: [Google]
route.png
172KB, 516x867px
Here's a screenshot of the basic route. This assumes all highways, which the actual route isn't, but this is a close approximation.
>>
>>15190296
>Presumably no A/C
>Driving through TX and OK in June
lmao

Wonder how many heat related fatalities they have per year from the boomers.
>>
>>15190326
LMAO

june usually isnt that bad, but yeah that would be fucking shit. especially if you were from the north.

couple years ago was like 115 heat index all through late june in oklahoma. gg.
>>
>>15190326
No AC, potentially no side windows either.
>>
Someone come help with this thing. I can't get off work to go on the tour.

>>15190154

I was the one working on the car in that pic. Heated parts first, then applied chemicals.
>>
Where's your sense of adventure?
>>
you better be running the autoX in gonzales.
>>
>>15191391
It's not adventure, it's just parading.
>>
>>15191417
If it's ready, I just might.
>>
>>15191578
3000 miles in a complete untested 73 Celica with unique carburetion through interesting places. It'd be a parade in a normal car, but not in this.
>>
>>15191713
It's a parade in a shitty car.
>>
>>15191721
Now that I'm home from work, please, by all means, explain why you call it a "parade"
>>
>>15190002
I would be interested, bit a bit short notice. I live in Cali and work m-f so it might be a bit hard to get the days off with such short notice.

I know how to wrench, but far from an expert. Hobbyist mechanical knowledge. I have done engine swaps and rebuilds on sbc'ss , brake rebuilds, suspension, pretty much everything, but master of none.

Maybe next year. :)
>>
>>15193263
yeah, I only found out about a lack of co-driver the other day. He just flaked out. I had to prod him about it, too. Otherwise I bet I would have found out June 9th when I said "Hey man, where are you?"
>>
bump. I'm surprised this hasn't been snapped up, yet.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.