[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Used Car Road Trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: lexis-ls400-original.jpg (261KB, 1000x592px) Image search: [Google]
lexis-ls400-original.jpg
261KB, 1000x592px
I purchased an LS400 sight-unseen in a state 1,500 miles away. I am flying out to it and driving it back. I *think* the car is in great condition and its timing belt job has just been done. What kinds of things should I buy when I get there to take with me on the journey in case of emergency or maintenance issues? Also I have never driven this long distance before and I need to do it within two days to get back to work on time. How do I avoid fatigue, or the effects of fatigue?

>inb4 OP you stupid faggot

Yes I know.
>>
Having done a bunch of shitbox long distance adventures honestly just go over the basics.

Check all the fluids, belts, hoses, check the tire pressures, make sure the spare has air, make sure the tires aren't dry rotted, take it around the block a few times and make sure everything feels good.

Since your flying out don't bother with tools. Pretty much anything you can fix on the side of the road you can buy the tool for at any parts store.

As for fatigue, don't drive if your dead nuts tired, it's risky as fuck. Take a 15 min break at reststops and walk around bit. Take a quick nap if you need to, I have to all the time on long distance trips.
>>
>>15186217
power steering
>>
ls400s are reliable and all but waste of money and time to fly out and drive back...

just buy a crown victoria or something, op
>>
Multimeter, some jumper leads, all fluids, OBD2 scanner, a gun
>>
>>15186358
The LS400 is my dream car. I found my favorite one in great condition. It's worth it to me.
>>
get a aaa membership

if nothing goes wrong, you're good
if something goes drastically wrong, you can upgrade
>>
>>15186217
You're stupid OP but at least you have good taste

>>15186324 went over everything important, just remember sleeping in a car isn't that bad when you're dead tired and can easily fall asleep
>>
>>15186399

Ls400 owner here

Sleeping in ls400 is comfy as fuck, the power seats recline all the way flat and there's more than enough leg room. Zip open the moon roof and fall asleep under the stars.
>>
>>15186439
I'll be in heroin country, I don't wanna get hoboshanked in the middle of the night.
>>
>>15186217
How much did you pay for how many miles?
>>
>>15186642
'99 LS400, 130K, $6000
>>
>>15186724
That's an ok price if the car is next door. Why travel?
>>
>>15186383
Not a waste of money. It was an engineering marvel at the time, and still holds up as a great value ultra luxury car. The Vic is just an updated car from the 70's basically. Good choice OP.
>>
>>15186724
WEW LAD
E
W

L
A
D
>>
>>15186217
not sure why you would buy this over an s class of the same year but w/e they arent horrible
>>
>>15186904
Dude. A 99 s-class will bleed your wallet to death in a year. This car will let you sleep in peace at least
>>
>>15186938
LS 400 is the absolute best car to go buy used, it's always the same story- little old lady only drove it to church and back.

They're great cars, love how they ride. The interior can get REALLY swanky with only a little work.
>>
>>15186938
you get what you pay for
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.