[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stereo is ded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

Please help me out guys. I have a 2000 honda accord lx, it came with some after market Boss stereo which seemed a little fucked up. Got it to work perfect for 8 months. Suddenly while im driving the pos craps out on me (i had it really loud) now whenever i put the volume passed 50(cant even hear on the highway) it starts getting staticy, louder = worse, from all 4 speakers..
Unhooked my radio, wires seemed fine tho.

Do i need a new radio or new speakers?..
>>
>>15181478
You need a new headunit. Look at Pioneer and be sure to spend at least $100 on it. $150 seems to be the sweet sport for features/price

Boss is shit quality
>>
>>15181478
Grats dumbass you blew your speakers
>>
File: 1464005790724.jpg (75KB, 600x851px) Image search: [Google]
1464005790724.jpg
75KB, 600x851px
>>15181495
This is exactlty what the guys at the audio place told me. Wasnt gonna take a salesmans word alone tho.

>>15181498
This is what i thought at first, but the guy told me that since all my speakers are fucked up its most likely my stereo.

More opinions please, it would help me a lot to do this right the first time.
>>
Any more help?
>>
>>15181810
Not really. Since it's affecting all your speakers, the headunit itself is 99% likely to be at fault.

now. Do you want a 1 DIN headunit or a 2DIN headunit to replace it?
>>
Thanks dude, what a relief. Prolly just a 1, i have room for a 2 but i think they look kinda goofy.
>>
>>15181929
Look at these.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/FH-X730BS

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/DEH-X7800BHS
>>
>>15181478
get an oem radio. hondas of that vintage can use an aux adapter that takes the place of the CD changer. then you can flush mount the aux plug for that oem look.
>>
File: images.png (4KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 259x194px
>>15181941
Awesome, thanks. But what is the diff between these 150$ ones and the 60$ ones of the same brand that also have cd, aux, bluetooth, am, fm, sdcard, bass controll, etc? Especially considering im using the stock 2000 speakers?
>>
>>15182191
The difference is the features for the price, and the build quality of the unit.
>>
Right? But what features? From an average persons point of view they all have the same things(what i listed) what is actually better? Isnt sound quality mostly the speaka themselves moreao than the stereo? Im not saying you are wrong, im just uninformed.
>>
>>15182262
speakers just respond to signals. Obviously a better quality speaker canmake better use of the same signal, but it all comes back to the signals. The signals come from the headunit. The better quality the headunit, the better quality the signal and resulting sound will be.

As to features, You generally want something with an aux input, a USB input, RCA outputs, bluetooth, the ability to add an amplifier. Someone else can jump in with more specifics.

Remember the old saying. You get what you pay for. the $150 headunits are the best compromise between features, quality and price. If you go for a touchscreen unit with GPS and a bunch of other shit, you're gonna spend $450+ minimum to get something nice and reliable.

There's a car audio thread here where you could probably get better answers.
>>15145098
>>
>>15181478
>Buy a 100 dollar head unit
>buy four new speakers (100-200 dollars)
>swap out your head unit for the new one
>swap out the speakers for the new one

Should not cost you more than 300 dollars.
Youtube how to do it yourself

/thread
>>
>>15185086
is it really easy to do yourself?

My radio/box thing (what is that called anyway?) got stolen so I have some cords that are cut in the spot where I should have my radio and ac bezel.

Does it require soldering? I have a soldering iron
>>
>>15185096
Thats the head unit

And yes its super duper easy, theres plenty of youtube tutorials on them. But if it's been stolen then I am guessing the cords are all fucked up so you will probably need to get a wiring diagram and solder a new harness on, which is very easy. You buy a harness suited to your honda, then you match the colours and solder them on, shove the head unit it.

As for the speakers, take your door cards off, old speakers out, new speakers in. That's all you gotta do.
>>
File: IMG_20160523_041515.jpg (2MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160523_041515.jpg
2MB, 4608x3456px
I have this car, super easy to replace stereo. Just get the proper harness and bracket. I use a double din on mine.

The amp in that boss head unit likely sucks cocks.
>>
SOMEBODY STOLE YOUR CAR RADIO?
>>
File: 1225131433.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1225131433.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>15185550
>mfw I have that same headunit
great for the money
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.