[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3000gt vr4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 3kgtvr4.jpg (86KB, 800x353px) Image search: [Google]
3kgtvr4.jpg
86KB, 800x353px
Anyone know a lot about vr4 3000gt's? I've been looking at them and they just seem like a cheap wrx killer. What are the pros and cons?
>>
Pros: looks sick if clean , bretty fast stock
Cons: too much electrical and stuffed engine bay
>>
>>15180669
I own one. Kills my buddies GC8 STI. Kills my buddies charger, they're really quick cars. They handle well with coil overs. People say they're disgusting my heavy but they're just as heavy as the rest of the rice rockets of the time. They're cheap to buy but not as cheap to maintain. They can be reliable if you don't treat it like garbage on wheels.
>>
>>15180669
they're stupidly quick. seriously one of the fastest cars you can buy for the price.

with 320 bhp stock and 315 Nm it's more than enough to compete with the much lighter RX-7 FD (especially since it's all wheel drive AND all wheel steer, pretty much negating the former's conering superiority, if a good driver is present)

as long as you treat it like a princess (frequent maintenece and oil changes) it'll be a great car.
neglect the tiniest detail even once, and it'll go to shit quick. and you can bet it's a pain in the ass to work on.

>but then why isn't it more famous
because it's hard to work on and hard to modify. the RX-7 and Supra took off in popularity because you could slap a ton of shit on them.

the VR4 is a more refined beast...

10/10 would onw again (it was my track car for a while)
>>
File: So you wanna buy a GTO.jpg (138KB, 1667x529px) Image search: [Google]
So you wanna buy a GTO.jpg
138KB, 1667x529px
>>
>>15180730
got my units wrong. it has 315 lb.ft which is 420 Nm (the GTR-R32 had 270 Nm, for comparison)
>>
>>15180770
yeah I was about to say, I'm mildly tuned and have 475nm at all 4
>>
>>15180777
noice (bigger turbo or ECU?). i wish i still had mine

it was my track car. but the track closed (because muh economy) so i decided to make it my weekend warrior. which was finy and dandy, until some clueless brat in his daddys BMW rear ended me with the force of a thousand suns at a stop light.

value of repair exceeded the value of the car, etc...
>>
>>15180788
Slightly bigger turbos, ECU, injectors, fuel pump and probably a few other widgets I forget- did it a long time ago for durability and so far its run like a train for the last 9 years
I'd like even bigger turbos to breath a bit more into the top but its that 'next step' up and a lot more money that I can't really justify! The small things though can net you some decent, reliable power out of them without a lot of cash or work if you're aiming around the high-300's/low 400 hp. 500+ and its a lot more effort.

Sorry to hear about the wreck. Its heartbreaking when someone busts your shit :(
>>
>>15180813
true. upgrading the VR4 is always a pain. nevermind when you're allready pushing that much hp.

hope you have better luck than i did anon.
>>
>>15180823
So far so good, not much you can do about people out to kill you though.

I just love 90s jap cars, some truly cool stuff came out of that whole 89-00 era that keeps me interested.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.