[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battery recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 423289868.jpg (23KB, 398x360px) Image search: [Google]
423289868.jpg
23KB, 398x360px
I may need a new battery, /o/. Taking it to the parts shop tomorrow or the day after to check the voltage. The batt itself has been in the car for over 3 years and the winters are long and cold here so I'm pretty sure I just need to replace the batt.

Anyway what are some good brands/models? How much should I spend? Like I said before the winter is like 7-9 months of the year and can get very cold for about 4 of those months.
>>
>>15180406
Wut kar? And engine if there are multiple ones.
>>
Buy one of those fancy deepcell batteries
>>
>>15180416
>Wut kar? And engine

It's for an SC 400 with the 4.0L V8.
>>
http://m.advanceautoparts.com/h5/r/shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/autocraft-platinum-agm-battery-group-size-24f-710-cca-24f-agm/10310750-P?navigationPath=L1*14920%7CL2*15000

Buy online have them install at store. Use coupon code trt30 and you'll get 30% off
>>
>>15180432
Deep cycle batteries are not what you want for a car, which is considered a shallow cycling type load. It will fuck a deep cycle battery working like that.
>>
Hijacking thread.

So my shitbox won't start if I just leave the radio on for 10 minutes without the engine running, let alone the headlights. The culprit surely is the battery (which the previous owner said was replaced not that long ago).

Any advice for a decent battery that's not too expensive? Car is a '98 Peugeot 205 with a 1360cc TU3 engine.
>>
>>15180406
Winter doesnt kill batteries, it just makes it harder for it to perform. Summer kills batteries. Charging should always be checked before throwing in a new battery, if its not charging well new battery wont last either.
>>
>>15180508
I'd get an AGM battery. Whether it's duracell or optima or some other brand. optimas are cheaper on amazon and marginally more expensive than a regular battery.
>>
>>15180553
>install
>as if installing a battery was hard at all
>>
Get a duralast gold or other similar battery, good warranty.
Pro tip fur ya, right before the warranty is about to expire, fully drain the battery to fuck it up then return it and get a new one.
>>
Be sure to actually read yourself on the machine that the battery is faulty. I've had a battery store try to tell me my battery was fucked and it was actually the alternator
>>
>>15180406
OP, you should get an Optima® Red Top Battery with proven Spiral Call Technology™, it's the best battery money can buy!
>>
Costco has the top rated batteries and the cheapest prices

Pretty much everything kirkland brand is awesome.

I will be replacing my stock battery with one of those, so far i've gotten 5 years out of it in Canadian climate with no problems with it. One problem and its gone

how long is the average battery life anyways?
>>
>>15182439
Kirkland batteries are made by Johnson Control, get anything made by them and avoid any battery made by Exige
>>
Speaking of batteries whats a good cheap deep cycle 6v battery for a trailer / rv?
>>
>>15182243
They do it for free, nigger. OP doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would want to mess with it
>>
>>15182439
>how long is the average battery life anyways?
Liquid acid are usually about 3 years. AGM twice as long. A shit tier Costco battery, maybe 2.
>>
>my company has a truck
>12 hours away from office its out of
>battery is shit, been sitting for awhile
>have to get a boost every single time truck is turned off
>request new battery
>takes over a week and a half for corporate to decide to buy a new one or not
>>
>>15182530
What kind of batteries are you using? The average here is about five, with cold winters and mostly diesel cars
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.