[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting a new car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

I'm tired of having to worry about whats gonna fail next on my shitbox, so pic related, im considering to buy the golf tsi. Any opinion on it? Is it the best car I can buy for 20k considering fun, practicality and reliability wise?
>>
Buy something lightly used (<5 years old) rather than a new car. Just because you're not getting a 30 year old shitbox doesn't mean you need to pass up way better alternatives that are a few years old and won't rape you with depreciation.
>>
File: volvo-v40-d2.jpg (364KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
volvo-v40-d2.jpg
364KB, 1920x1080px
Consider the volvo v40 much more stabil, you get the feeling thats the car is solid. And it is
>>
>>15176461
The Golf is probably the least fun car you can get, but for a AtoB daily driver it's perfect
>>
>>15176477

What would you suggest as an similar alternative to the golf? In the 10-15k if its not new?

>>15176483

I can't afford a new volvo, neither can I afford parts on them
>>
>>15176544

Well isn't better than a base model civic, fiesta, corolla, etc for 18k ish ?
>>
>>15176553
>What would you suggest as an similar alternative to the golf? In the 10-15k if its not new?
Given your criteria I'd recommend a Mazda3 personally.
>>
Expensive to fix apprearently because of the FSI system, burns oil as fuck. That's what I've heard from my mechanic. I'd go for either an NC Miata (but that disqualifies any practicality) or an 8th gen Civic if I were you. Civics are consistently more fun than Golfs AFAIK.
>>
>>15176461
tsi engines are garbage timing chain stretches and rattles and burns oil.
>>
>>15176598
>>15176622

I've looked on the last good looking civic si, which are the 2012, are they any better than mazda3? I'm not sure about mazda because of the shitbox they produced in the last decade, and I have the feeling they still are shitbox, but i could be wrong.
>>
It's just fat, heavy and no fun to drive. Interior and seats are stiff. Suspensions are sloppy and the chassis was designed with your mom in mind.

Terrible. I'd recommend a Megane RS or Seat 280 but if you're American, get a focus or civic.
>>
>>15176679

It's worst, im canadian
>>
>>15176679
defiantly rate the leon 280
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.