[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Having a debate with a police officer and might get a ticket

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

Having a debate with a police officer and might get a ticket if I'm wrong.

Is this car a sedan or an SUV?

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
>>
its a wagon
>>
>>15169931
It's a wagon.
>>
It's a wagon.
>>
>>15169940
>>15169941
This. OP and cop are both stupid. It's certainly closer to a sedan than an SUV though considering you can get it in sedan form.
>>
>>15169931
It's a wagon but moreso a sedan than SUV.
>>
nice hatchback
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 136x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 136x90px
It's a wagon
>>
I know it's a wagon, but can't a wagon also be an SUV?

Thanks f/o/lks, makes sense.
>>
>>15170044
These terms are less than objective but for /o/ purposes an SUV is a vehicle based on a truck frame with an enclosed interior instead of a bed. A wagon is a car that's interior includes the trunk area (and is square in the back unlike a hatchback). A vehicle that is specifically built to be larger than a car inside with styling cues taken from SUVs but without having truck frame is a crossover and we pretty much hate them.
>>
How are outbacks and foresters? Thinking about picking up an early/mid 2000's for camping and daily driver purposes.
>>
>>15169931
that's an estate
>>
>>15170095
Got it thanks... So then this car is either a wagon or a hatchback, according to what you said. It doesn't look too square in the back desu, so I guess it's a hatch. Why do you guys hate crossovers? Just wondering.

>>15170120
The car I posted is an Impreza first, Outback second. I couldn't really tell you which parts of each model was brought into the mix but overall I enjoy it. This model is a little short though, so for camping you can fit 3 comfortably or 4 if you have limited gear. Can't haul big things. The car is quick though and feels pretty stable.
>>
File: neitherisawagon[1].jpg (97KB, 1022x436px) Image search: [Google]
neitherisawagon[1].jpg
97KB, 1022x436px
>>15170145
It's a wagon. A hatchback tapers in the back and is usually 2 doors. The Impreza in particular has blurred that line but not in the generation you posted which is definitely a wagon.

Crossovers are the worst of both worlds - the center of gravity and handling of a truck combined with the ruggedness and ground clearance of a car. They're shit.
>>
>>15169931
>Having a debate with a police officer and might get a ticket if I'm wrong.
What the fuck are you going on about?
>>
>>15169931
get a WRX wagon instead
>>
>>15170259
Read the thread moron
>>
>>15170044
No.
>>
>>15170226
dat filename
I thought you were trying to point out that the two car are different. I was very confused for a bit lol.
>>
>>15169931
Wagon
>>
File: 1461132387029.gif (2MB, 429x242px) Image search: [Google]
1461132387029.gif
2MB, 429x242px
>>15170095
>concise and correct
u forgot one thing: SUVs are BOF like a truck while wagons, sedans/saloons/ and crossovers are usually uni-body construction
>>
>>15170593
Well, I mentioned that SUVs are on truck frames there really aren't any othe BOF vehicles anymore now that crown vics are gone right?
>>
>>15170285
I just posted it directly from some forum didn't even look at the file name it was more for the four diagrams. Top is a sedan, second is a wagon, third is a hatchback and the bottom is the current difficult to classify body shape.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.