[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Panthers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Mercury-Marauder-1.jpg (183KB, 1756x916px) Image search: [Google]
Mercury-Marauder-1.jpg
183KB, 1756x916px
Buying a new car and been looking at CV's and Marquis. Anything I should look for when buying one? Any good alternatives? Hoping to spend around 8k
>>
>>15160538
You might be able to find a higher mileage Marauder for 8k.
>>
>>15160566
$8k would probably get you around the 70-80k mileage range at most if you live on the west coast. I live in Nevada so the most I've seen them go for is $6k at 70k mi-ish.

Also when you check out a panther (CV/Marquis/TownCar) first thing you want to look for is if it squeaks a lot over bumps. Try to test drive one after it rains. If it does squeak, the ball-joints are probably shot and need to be replaced.

Common shit that goes out:

EGR Valves (anything 95+ it's easy to replace)
Window Regulators (pain in the ass with almost any car)
Timing chain rattle (another pain in the ass)
Headliner tearing in the back (can be easily replaced)

Just make sure you get any maintenance receipts, especially transmission flush receipts
>>
File: 102_0429.jpg (103KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
102_0429.jpg
103KB, 800x533px
>>15160538
>Any good alternatives?
B-body.
>>
>>15160538
Literally anything else would be a better car.
> shit interiors
> slow as shit
> shit handling
> boring to drive
> ugly as hell

I will never get the autistic appeal for these turds.
>>
>>15160538
Fuck that. Get a wrx bro.
>>
>>15161578
Nah buy a legacy gt
>>
>>15161561
>I will never get the autistic appeal for these turds.
>cheap
>RWD
>V8 with massive aftermarket
>comfy
>>
>>15161611
> slushbox
> shit chassis so might as well be fwd
> shit modular shit
> you're a poorfag thats never been in a decent car if you think its comfy
>>
>>15161644
>muh civic is a racecar guize
>>
>>15161744
I've never owned a honda.
But you enjoy your shit car.
>>
>>15161798
>I've never owned a car
Enjoy your bus.
>>
>>15161844
> lacking reading comprehension
Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>15161856
Judging by your post from earlier it's pretty clear that you're a bus riding, bench racing retard.

>>15161644
>slushbox
Similar to just about every other full size sedan, I'm sure you see a lot of LS430s, 7 series and whatnot with manuals though.
>shit chassis so might as well be fwd
By what metric are you judging this?
>shit modular shit
That's why it only makes 2hp less from a 4.6L than Mercedes 5.0L.
>you're a poorfag thats never been in a decent car if you think its comfy
And you've never ridden in a Panther if you think they're not comfy, there's a reason they're extremely popular with livery services.

Again, you're retarded.
>>
>>15160538
an anon in a panther thread once said this as a general rule of thumb

>I'd avoid a pre 2001 town car since their rear air bag suspension is known for shitting out and being extremely expensive to repair, well over $800 just for the shocks. But other then that, 2004 was the last year for major changes to the CV's. MGM is also good to follow that rule.

>1992-1994 were the really easily repairable ones.
>>
>>15162021
That anon wasn't very bright, air springs themselves are $80-$90 and aren't difficult to replace. Also, you can swap coil springs instead if you don't want to ever have to mess with it again.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.