[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Side exit exhaust

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20160525-000555.jpg (457KB, 708x1057px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160525-000555.jpg
457KB, 708x1057px
Opinions on side exit exhaust? I want to have it on my 1986 Celica GT since the muffler fell of anyway.
>>
>>15159966
Okay, here's my opinion: if it's not an honest-to-god race car, never *ever* get one of those.
>>
>>15159987
Why is it only for racecars?
>>
>>15159966
Don't do it. You're going to look like a retard because you drive a slow car and it's going to be obnoxious.
>>
>>15159997
Because you will look like a faggot unless you actually have something done to the car.
>>
>>15159966
Oh man i had one of them as my first car. I did so many ricer mods to it before it got rekt by a freak flood. I miss the old gal
>>
>>15159966
Follow you're heart buddy everyone here is a fag anyway
>>
>>15160058
Nice, I picked this thing up for 800 US dollarinos so its really for fun. Engine's bulletproof and it's fun to drive even though its a slow shitbox. I just think side exhaust looks good if done right and not sticking out too much.
>>
>>15159998
>You're going to look like a retard because you drive a slow car and it's going to be obnoxious.

/o/ in a nutshell. Put it on the banner.
>>
>>15160076
Engine certainly isnt bulletproof. Timing belt is the worst too
>>
>>15159966
how about put the time and effort into a productive mod for more hp instead?
>>
>>15160083
Thanks for the heads up, the guy who sold it to me replaced the timing belt a month before selling it to me so i got a little time on that.
>>
I had a Volvo wagon I threw in a 45° piece right after the cat and it dumped put right by the RR wheel.

I liked it. Looked sweet.

Noisy as fuck when your drifting and just spraying it with a constant stream of roost.
>>
>>15160109
Sounds like fun, my car is FWD though so no driftan for me. Honestly it's more a nice cruising vehicle. It's got a comfy interior for average sized people, decent speakers when paired with a decent stereo and A/C that will work soon.
>>
>>15159966
>Opinions on side exit exhaust?
It's better for power if you keep to a tuned exhaust system. Otherwise, side exhaust in passenger cars is pretty much only done to be annoying to other drivers on the road that you are next to. You blow exhaust into their open windows.
>>
>>15160119
you can drift FF fine
>>15159998
what if I engine swap my car and want a side vent for performance? is that bad? should I put a supresser from a gun on it?
>>
>>15159966
I would not recommend it unless you like to inhale CO any time your window is open. There is a reason the exit at the back. Just sayin.
>>
>>15159966
I have an all trac of the same gen, and thought about doing a side exhaust off to the side behind the passenger wheel, and I was looking at like $400 in stainless parts.

You need really expensive oval bent tubing, and lots of bends to go under, and around the engine frame. its not easy.

You could ghetto rig it, and send it right out in front of the wheel, but that requires cutting up the fender. All trac fenders are rare, and I wouldnt wanna cut one up, but in that regular one that would be the best pet.
>>
Aaaaaaa
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.