[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone made friends thru car meets? I used to have a lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

Has anyone made friends thru car meets?

I used to have a lot of friends, but they've all drifted away (mostly it's because of their girlfriends/wives).

So I was wondering if going to car meets is a great way to meet people and make connections, even if you're introverted a bit.

I don't know much mechanically speaking about cars, but I do drive stick.
>>
>>15158660
>Has anyone made friends
>Most /o/ posters

Doubtful.
>>
File: 1435977158526.jpg (25KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1435977158526.jpg
25KB, 500x500px
>>15158738
>ignoring the existence of mr crummy and I
>>
>>15158660
Where do you live?
>>
>>15158746
Chicago

Not sure how big the car culture is here
>>
File: dorifto.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
dorifto.gif
4MB, 320x240px
>but they've all drifted away
>drifted away
You know what you must do....chase your friends!!! Chase your dreams!!! Become the downhill legend!
>>
>>15158660
You can make friends anywhere. Just go to a car meet and try talking to some people that seem chill.
>hey man nice car
>thanks bro you too
>we should hit some canyons
>yeah man i'm down
Might seem a bit gay but it's possible.
>>
Of course! Pretty much all my friends besides like my 5 or 6 high school friends have been met through car/motorcycle meets. I showed up one day to get coffee at Starbucks and some guy walked up to me and gave me his number and asked if I ever wanted to ride with him and his supermoto ""crew"". I sat down and talked with them and they're a wild bunch but a decent group of people that you can have fun with. It's very easy to make friends especially if you have a main common interest such as cars.

I also have a few mustang buddies who I go to meets with and have beers sometimes. I simply just started talking to them and we hang out sometimes. It's probably the easiest place to make friends.
>>
>>15158749
where you by I'm in the western suburbs of Chicago
>>
>>15158774
Schaumburg/Hoffman. Almost right off of I-90 Roselle.
>>
File: 1456283739463.jpg (36KB, 444x410px) Image search: [Google]
1456283739463.jpg
36KB, 444x410px
>Go to local car meets
>just taking pictures and getting to know everything
>someone likes my pictures
>we hang out one night
>he brought me on as a photographer
>get into shows/conventions/events free as media
Kinda cool, Overall thought I've meet a lot of people at meets that I consider friends. Plus it's a good way to expand on your experiences.
>>
>>15158762
>>15159294

I'm not OP but you guys give me hope. The two friends I've kept from highschool aren't into cars and I just really want friends to hang with who like cars at least a little bit. I want stuff to do on Friday and Saturday nights, other than shitposting and telling gs400 to fuck himself.
>>
File: DSC_0064.jpg (2MB, 2160x1440px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0064.jpg
2MB, 2160x1440px
>>15159525
>Friday and Saturday
Depends on where you're at, Here in DFW there are car meets every night of the week, ranging from 50-100 to a few hundred cars. I think the largest meet I've been to was about 500 cars.
>>
>>15158660
I've been to a few /o/ meets and made one or two friends at them. I also met a lot of autists too which I suppose wasn't surprising.
>>
>>15158749
It's quiet in the north burbs. Just a few muscle car meets at dog n suds
>>
>>15158774
>>15158784
I'm not all that far from you to. I'm up in foxlake
>>
anyone know of any meets in the miami area?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.