[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hit a pothole while driving and got this friendly bump in my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 20160528_174545-1.jpg (3MB, 2024x2470px) Image search: [Google]
20160528_174545-1.jpg
3MB, 2024x2470px
Hit a pothole while driving and got this friendly bump in my front left tire. I need to drive 2 more hours. Will it last?
>>
>>15156533
Sounds like a challenge. Good luck anon, let us know how you get on!
>>
Yeah hopefully but you can't even stop by a tire spot and ask to get it replaced with even a shitty tire? I've done that for ~$40 on Burgerville, CA. Getting it repaired is out of the question considering where the damage is located
>>
>>15156533
You not have a spare?\

>Inb4 im too tarded to change a spare.
>>
>>15156533
like half a year ago i bought a new car and the front tire had this HUGE bump on the sidewall just like yours but it was in th inner side so i never saw it

Drove that shit for like almost 2 months before i decided the tire was getting pretty low on tread and went in to buy two new tires to replace them and when they took the tire off i saw that shit
>>
>>15156533
Yeah I got an almost identical bump last week from a pothole. I rode on the bad oscar for a week death gripping the wheel waiting for it to pop.
>>
>>15156581
That's pretty shady the stealership probably had those tires rotated so you wouldn't see that
>>
File: 1459114917389.png (157KB, 711x789px) Image search: [Google]
1459114917389.png
157KB, 711x789px
you're fucked.

i see a cut there, better try get a replacement.
>>
>>15156533
Might make it, might not. Relatively high risk of a blowout. Trucks manage just fine but they have 17 more tires. I'm guessing you don't have a dualie.

But.. if you're driving at high speeds, people tailgating, maybe a winding road without guardrails, that is risky. Few days in the hospital, jacked up insurance, maybe getting sued...? I don't know what's so god damn important.

Straight line, hardly any cars, stay in the slow lane... then whatever. If you blowout it won't kill you. Your car might be fine minus the one wheel and tire.
>>
>>15156611
Yeah that's gonna blow
>>
OP here, just to clarify, I do have a spare and I do know how to change one. I also have the money to get ot replaced, but I'm attending some pressing matters and I can't stop to change it.

Just seeking some peace of mind. I'll put the spare in the evening and replace it monday.
>>
>>15156533
Just put your spare on uleh.
>>
>>15156680

No OP. You have time to change it, because that tire is going to MAKE you find time on the side of the road.
>>
>>15156680
>time to take a picture and shitpost about it on /o/
>no time to change it

Either change it now or have it blow out on you and change it then. It's your car and your choice.
>>
>>15156680
As a mechanic I can say this. I've had customers say that bump has been there for months. And I've had customers who had to tow their cars in after a high speed blowout.
My advise bud. Pull off put the spare on what's 15 Mins for peace of mind
>>
>>15156680
it takes 10 minutes, if that to change a tyre, you have been debating if its safe for longer than that now m80.
put your spare on.
>>
>>15156680
in the time you had to make a thread and wait/read the replies you could have replaced the tire

it takes 5minutes, 15minutes if you're an idiot or have a REALLY shitty jack
>>
>Take 10 minutes to change your tyre, or risk fucking my car and or myself with my aids infested tyre, /o/?
>>
>>15156533
It'll be fucking fine.
Tires don't get hot enough from normal driving to cause that to fail in 2 hours.
>>
>>15156680
keep it under 60.

ive seen worse bulges on cars.

feel shit wobble, or vibrate. let off the gas right away and cost to a stop.
>>
>>15156606
That's not how tire rotations work
>>
>>15156533
Yeah I did the exact same thing and drove on it fur months, even did a trip from Vegas to Cali on it.
Lasted fine.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.