[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought pic related and have an issue with the transmission.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: civic.jpg (125KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
civic.jpg
125KB, 640x400px
I bought pic related and have an issue with the transmission. The apparent symptoms are:

1. When putting the car in reverse, it feels like the clutch is bouncing off of the flywheel and the car jerks badly.
2. In first, I don't seem to be able to start without the car jerking without easing out the clutch. I know, "learn to drive", butt that's not it.
3. If I take it to 7k and then let off the gas, even gently, the car doesn't decelerate gently. A lot of people will argue that's normal, but again, it didn't happen on other cars I have owned / drove.

Had the same issue with my lolmiata.
>>
>>15156005

Oh, and the question, is "what the fuck is it?"
>>
>If I take it to 7k
That car even go that high and git gud.
>>
>>15156023

Guessing it does, not sure. I miss my 94 Integra. It's pretty astounding how shit this thing is performance wise compared to a 20 y/o car.
>>
>>15156005
Maybe it's a motor mount problem. For some reason its pretty common in 8th gen. Im having the same issues, and thought it was the clutch, but after further research I came to that conclusion. Im taking the car for service on monday, ill post results if the thread is still alive.
>>
>>15157550

Cool, bumping. As far as clutch - it's definitely not. I have burned clutches before, and it feels nothing like it. Maybe something with pressure plate though, but that's a wild guess.
>>
>>15158347
I drive sedan civic and everything you just described is accurate of how the man trans feels
I consider myself capable of driving man trans but I feel like I'm breaking it everytime I step in the car if I so much as drive it like a normal car not babying it
first and second gears are a fockin headache
>>
>>15158383
>>15158347
>>15157550
sometimes i grind as high RPM what the fuck.
>pic related.

first and second on mine are a cunt too. i shift all the time and i always feel a clunk in my clutch or transmission. is that the flywheel slapping or something? this is my first manual car
>>
>>15158425
Maybe you aren't pressing the clutch pedal enough? One of the better things of this civics is the manual tranny
>>
>>15158565
i assumed that too. it has happened about 5 times in the year i have owned it.
>>
>>15158383
As long as the car is moving smoothly you're doing minimal damage to the tranny
>>
>>15158383
>>15156005
post civic nobbies
>>
>>15158383

It's definitely not how a transmission is SUPPOSED to feel. I had a fucking 94 Integra and it didn't do any of this bullshit.
>>
File: 20160519_083555.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160519_083555.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>15158610
Really need to get the ac and stereo replaced, bought it like this for a good price though

so far I like the shift knob placement
>>
>>15158838

What's "a good price"? Also year/mileage?
>>
>>15158838
im not a huge huge fan of the Ep3 but i wouldnt mind owning one. you can try honda for that bezel replacment looks like it was ripped out by a theif. i could check how much that costs if you want
>>
>>15156005

So, I hate to be that guy....but is there anything you can do to these things performance-wise? I figure if I am going to pull out the engine to do mounts and clutch, I might as well throw a $2,000 turbo in there.

But I don't see any made for the non-SIs...not sure if there is any point since we are in the no-torque club.
>>
>>15160471
There's plenty aftermarket stuff for the non-Si 8th gen (there's even a dedicated turbo), but it's generally recommended to just go for a Si if you wan to power up.

>no-torque club
>EX torque
>128 ft·lbf
>Si torque
>139 lb·ft

It's not that far off you know.
>>
File: CAR.jpg (204KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CAR.jpg
204KB, 1200x675px
>>15158962
$3300, 1455k miles. Good price for me because I am from Los Angeles and they're usually at least $1,000 more expensive. I picked mine up in vegas though so it was a little cheaper + my friend was able to goldbergenstein the guy down another $200.

>>15158985
The ep3 is fun as fuck to drive, and yes the car most certainly got broken into or stolen; the guy said so himself. Looked through the catalog of parts and I saw that the bezel is only $100 which is much cheaper than expected, although that comes with no radio.

Here's what I think went down with the car and why the guy's selling it:
>just finished/close to paying off car
>gets broken into, fucking up driver's window in the process to gain entry to vehicle
>pried off the center panel/bezel and snipped the wires
>owner of the car (and titleholder) were like "fuck it" and decided the cost of parts/labor is too much to get the car in tip-top shape
>sold it to me
I felt like it was a good deal, since I got it for $3300, and with the remaining $800 from my insurance payout (pic related) I was able to buy my car, buy the catalytic converter, o2 sensor, and the evap canister valve sensor, get it smogged and registered, and I still had like $100 left over for weed

But yeah my ep3 in its current state is much better than my old whip
>>
>>15160847

That's def a good price. I paid way more than that for a non-si with the same mileage. One owner, perfect condition (sans the transmission lololol), etc.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.