[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sticky stuff recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1452954493591.png (353KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1452954493591.png
353KB, 1500x1000px
Motherfucking talk light lense fell off, not paying $125 for the whole replacement taillight unit.

What is the best glue to stick this back on there? I was going to default to black rubber cement.
>>
>>15153464
buy the light or it will look like shit.
>>
File: 1463092413086.jpg (39KB, 405x398px) Image search: [Google]
1463092413086.jpg
39KB, 405x398px
>>15153473
Actually, the part of the lense being glued back to the taillight is not visible and doesn't obstruct the light or lenses.

The car is already deemed a "total loss" and I have title in hand... Not exactly a show car.
>>
>>15153464
Is this going to be a plastic on plastic bond?
>>
>>15153464
Is it plastic to plastic? Try using the plastic cement that comes in an orange toothpaste like container. It is strong as shit and smells bad. Just clean the area properly.
>>
>neckbeard /pol/cuck
>poor as fuck

top kek, no wonder you are so salty
>>
File: FB_IMG_1464391740517.jpg (33KB, 734x678px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464391740517.jpg
33KB, 734x678px
>>15153795
>>15153955
Yes
>>
>>15153464
>What is the best glue to stick this back on there?

Be sure to get rid of all the dust since that will be sealed in there once the lid is glued on.

There is both gel-type superglue which can span slightly uneven spaces and fast setting 1 minute epoxy. If the plastic is snug and tight fitting, then superglue works great as it needs surfaces to be snugly against each other. If there is a gap, the superglue doesn't have that much strength against vibration.

There are fast setting 1 minute epoxy such as Loctite Instant Mix Epoxy. It cures to translucent yellow, but that doesn't matter if the glued surface is not really seen as it is against a black surface plastic. Epoxy withstands vibration and gaps well.

Before buying epoxy or superglue, determine how much time you have to apply the glue and then fit the lens to the car. If the one minute time is too fast for you to apply it to the lens all around and then stick it to the car, there is a five minute epoxy from Loctite. That gives you a lot more work time before it cures, but you'll have to hold the lens to car a bit longer to make sure it bonds nicely and has no gaps for water to leak in.
>>
File: 1464343292254.png (68KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1464343292254.png
68KB, 640x400px
>>15155168
It's a huge lense, so 5min lecture epoxy sounds like the answer. Is it important that it specifically says "plastic glue" or epoxy?
>>
>>15153966
Diversity is just white genocide.
>>
>>15153464

ciano acrylate
>>
>>15155310
I have no idea what type or even brand of plastic glue you are talking about. Their abilities and usage situations vary a lot, so that is why I cannot just say "use plastic glue" since that basically means to someone blindly following what I said as "use any plastic glue" which is not what I meant.

Epoxy is strong and withstands vibration well. It also spans gaps. It's problem is that some users apply too much and thus it can leave an unattractive glop inside the lens assembly.

To apply the epoxy or other type of plastic glue that you have decided to use, I guess most people just squirt the glue onto the edge and then jam the plastic pieces together. Another approach is to use a toothpick or wooden match to apply glue to the edge. That may give better control of the quantity of glue on the edges of the assembly.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.