[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got a 2011 galant and changed the tranny fluid 6 months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

I've got a 2011 galant and changed the tranny fluid 6 months ago because I saw it was clear and black and I've been rechecking after I got it changed frequently and saw that it is just about clear again and has black particles in it. If it is my tranny failing I'm going to trade it in for something else. Doesn't smell burnt and car doesn't shift bad or slip but shifts weird
>>
Are you sure you're looking at transmission fluid and not brake fluid?

ATF is usually red. Are you manual or automatic?
>>
>>15139703
Automatic it was pinkinsh red after it was changed and overtime it turned clear with shavings in it. It wasn't a flush they cleaned the pan and new fliter and fluid
Also it a Hyundai tranny shared with early 2000s Santa Fes I think
>>
>>15139742
... are you sure they put the right ATF in and not a generic?
>>
>>15139742
did you go to jiffy lube or something?
>>
>>15139756
Not completely sure but it wasn't some jiffy lube type place it was a transmission repair place
It says it takes SPIII fluid but I read most fluids are fine in it
>>
>>15139774
Next time buy and bring in your own fluids if you're going to get kids to work on your car.
>>
File: 1334329164853.jpg (18KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
1334329164853.jpg
18KB, 366x380px
>>15139774
or go to the dealership for christs sake. places like that fuck your shit up.

> It wasn't a flush they cleaned the pan and new fliter and fluid
definetly a flush they did. mo shop removes the removes the entire transmission pan to clean it and install a new filter. those "filters" are metal screens and im pretty sure your car is just a drain and fill
>>
>>15139807
I asked them and they siad it's not a flush
Do you think my tranny is fucked ?
>>
File: 1464021309342.jpg (78KB, 540x366px) Image search: [Google]
1464021309342.jpg
78KB, 540x366px
>>15139851
you werent there to watch them so yes. most shops like that hook up a machine that sucks out transmission fluid while forcing it in. this causes the metal shavings in the pan (hence automatics called slush boxes) to stir and clog transmission lines cause catastrophic damage for which they are not responsible for.

next time buy a manual or take it to the dealer ship if you are going to pay someone to do it for you. or even better do it your self it takes about 30 minutes dude.
>>
Maybe install a magnetic inline filter to catch the shit (magnefine), but you still don't know what fluid was used...
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.