[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are bikers dicks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 13

File: fuckin cagers.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
fuckin cagers.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
why are bikers dicks?
>>
>>15137085
Because you posted a webm of a dick on a bike?
>>
>>15137085
Because the Dick in car was breaking the law?
>>
>>15137095
its pretty normal to have a pic related in an op
>>
I seen a few biker videos on Youtube from dedicated uploaders who basically ride around and blog and talk about biker culture.

He probably did that because the car turned in a lane he shouldn't have which could've caused the guy on the bike to get seriously hurt. They usually do that to careless drivers.
>>
>>15137085

Reason does not exist outside one's thoughts.
>>
>>15137101
>>15137107
the dick on the bike was breaking the law to begin with
>>
>>15137149
No, he wasn't, either that was an HOV lane which is meant for Bikes and Carpooling, or its a toll lane in which you have a pass for.

If you cross the line at an unauthorized spot just to pass like the car did, its illegal.
>>
>>15137175
And to add to that, he basically cut the biker off, its pretty evident that he did not even bother to look to see if anyone was in that lane coming up on him.
>>
>>15137149
Pretty sure that was an HOV lane, he's allowed to be there. The van however was clearly breaking the law
>>
>why do drivers not use their mirrors?

If the rider can still put his hand into a fist after that hit, I'd give him props for that. You can't just break the law and put someone at risk of serious injury or death when they did literally nothing wrong here (HOV lane, solid line, riding normal speed) and not expect consequences.
>>
>>15137085
some bikers are dicks which cause some car drivers to be dicks which cause some bikers to be dicks which etc etc.
chicken/egg scenario
>>
>>15137175
it was an HOV lane, there were diamonds painted in the lane
also yes, there were double yellows meaning the HOV lane was clearly in a no merging point
>>
>>15137085
Car cut him off, thats a gopro, fisheye and makes it look it farther away, he had to SLAM on the brakes and risked going down because someone couldnt look

the cunt wasnt looking, justified
>>
>>15137085
Carcuck didnt use indicators to signal changing the lane.
>>
>cagercucks
>>
>>15137085
>not kicking the mirror of

you niggas now nothing
>>
>>15137248
at least i noe how to spell
>>
>>15137227
Actually he did...
>>
>>15137149
looks like CA, this is allowed
>>
>>15137268
Nigger, I'll sew you how to spell
>>
if the bikefag wasn't a good driver he's probly have crashed against the car and broken more than just the mirror

well fucking deserved
>>
>>15137297
it's in a no passing/merging HOV lane, the car was not legally able to enter in that lane regardless
>>
File: 1439306411971.png (8KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1439306411971.png
8KB, 493x402px
>>15137297
Weak bait but alright.

>Going along at probably 5-10+ over the speed limit
How do you know he was going over the speed limit?

>Guy moves into lane
Yes, he moved into the lane illegally and without looking.

>Bike has to avoid because speeding
How do you know he was speeding? Yes he had to avoid it, do you want to crash?

>Gets mad at car for existing in front of him
I would be mad too if some faggot just swerved into the lane without looking.
>>
Any tips on how to punch a side mirror without falling from your bike?
>>
>>15137085
typical biker aggression, van shouldnt have crossed over but the guy on the bike makes it worse by panic braking at the last second then road rages cuz he got his way, he wouldnt be hitting side mirrors if that van had taken him out, anyone who rides or drives needs to understand they arent the only one on the road.
>>
>>15137424
>panic braking on a bike

You don't know what that looks like apparently.
>>
>ride a death trap
>have a heightened sense of entitlement
Can't wait for all of the squids to rage ITT.
>muh bike culture
>>
>>15137424
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyT6QIp3YC4

This is panic braking.
>>
>>15137285
>looks like

it also looks Virginia, and North Carolina, and Wyoming, and Hawaii, and South Dakota, And Rhode Island, and Washington.
>>
>>15137085
Clearly that guy doesn't use his mirrors so it shouldn't be a problem really
>>
>>15137441
its not a culture its just "try not to get manslaughtered by stacey the soccermom whenever you get on a bike"
>>
>>15137447
lol both of the bikers flipped over
>>
>>15137325
it took the bike three seconds to reach the car from a moment you could clearly tell he was going to merge. two seconds are usually regarded as a safe stopping distance.

sure the car driver was probably not allowed to merge at that point, and the bike was actually in the middle of his road which usually means not in the cars blind spot.
punching off a mirror still is a dumb thing to do. car driver might've decided to be an aggressive cunt like the bike driver or taken it up a notch and run him off the road. usually you wouldn't want that to happen.

"it's okay to do illegal things because others did as well" is the worst argument for anything, ever.
>>
File: 1445857444193.jpg (29KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1445857444193.jpg
29KB, 292x257px
>>15137457
>>
>>15137459
Accidents happen due to negligence all of the time. Resorting to fucking up someone else's property is the most childish thing you can do.

Don't want to die? Don't ride a bike on the highway in traffic, because chances are someone is going to fuck up
>>
>>15137509
>Don't do something because someone else might be retarded

Nah, if you don't use your mirrors, don't be mad when Squids McGee takes one from you.
>>
The shitty thing is that driver probably has no idea why the guy did that, probably thinks it was just some random act of vandalism.
>>
>>15137532
I bet the person thinks they just hit the biker, they were probably looking forward when it happend.
>>
>>15137545
good point actually
>>
>>15137545
Well they sure as hell weren't checking the mirrors when it mattered.
>>
>>15137085
He wasn't using that mirror
>>
his name is Snowcat. he Motovlogs, and obviously, if that van came a few more inches over, that could of been his life
>>
>>15137459
Stop riding a bike then
>>
>>15137517
And don't get mad when Ronny Road Rage catches up to you at the next red light and puts a .45 caliber slug in your pimple ridden face
>>
>>15137607
teach car drivers not to rape
>>
>>15137616
It's in our dna. Where ever we go we must rape the earth and your ears
>>
eh, didn't seem that dickish

i might have smacked the mirror off
>>
File: 1391902531921.gif (1MB, 473x325px) Image search: [Google]
1391902531921.gif
1MB, 473x325px
I think the attitude of someone who rides the motorcycle is just like middle ground between a bicyclist and someone who drives a car.

Bicyclist mentality
>Think they have more freedom to do what they want on the road
>Pretentious
>Attention whores (Harleys)

Driver mentality
>Think they own the road
>Tailgate
>Lane hog

The only decent people on motorbikes are people who ride classic motorcycles or retirees who bought a "touring" bike.
>>
>>15137613
That would be implying Ronny Road Rage can catch my super sport
>>
>>15137643
>The only decent people on motorbikes are people who ride classic motorcycles or retirees who bought a "touring" bike.

>weekend riders
>decent people
>>
>>15137603
his name is revbomb
>>
>>15137655
So you are going to drive dangerously to avoid a person who's car you vandalized because they were driving dangerously?

>muh bike culture

Most of you have the mentality of a child
>>
>>15137085
I don't condone damaging the property of others but teaching brain dead morons who make an attempt on your life to actually use their mirrors and indicators is god's work and doing cagers a favor too.

I just wail on the window with my (soft shell) gloves, nothing gets broken, the retarded cunt behind the wheel (invariably a woman in my personal experience, I'd rather not be prejudiced but reality dictates otherwise) shits bricks and hopefully might learn a lesson (lol)

If traffic is stopped I just pull alongside, politely tap the mirror while looking at them and nod helpfully. I don't move or stop until I'm verbally acknowledged.
>>
>>15137661
Well decent in comparison to other motorcyclists.
>>
>>15137383
fucking this I dont think i could do it without losing balance lol
>>
>>15137383
>>15137720
Protip, have a dedicated pocket for smashed up spark plugs, toss a handful to delete windows.
>>
>>15137702
>he thinks I have to ride dangerously to avoid Ronny
>he thinks I can't legally lane split my way away from him
>implying implications
>>
If I'm in a car and you're on a bike and I kill you accidentally on the road in a crash that you would have survived in a car I will not feel bad at all. You are the ones that feel the need to ride on a deathtrap when safer options are available so don't blame other people for your lack of safety. At the end of the day everyone is essentially responsible for their own wellbeing and if you pretend like you aren't you're just a fucking faggot that's going to die in a motorcycle accident and I'm glad that I can be the one in the car to make it happen.
>>
>>15137782
>glad that I can be the one in the car to make it happen.
>being glad for vehicular manslaughter

but anon, that's gonna be expensive.
>>
>>15137702
>I'm willing to put a bullet into someone over a traffic incident but you're immature
>>
>>15137702
You're working on the assumption it's petty retribution and not educating others on their potentially lethal behavior. I wish getting cagers to wind the window down next stop light for a rational, calmly measured and brief debate on the merits of actually using mirrors and signals work, but the reality is "I have to buy a new mirror now because of that SOB biker hooligan" is far more likely to result in that particular driver bothering to actually look and not endanger others, or at least other motorcyclists, in the future. Humans are unfortunately wired up to think they care more about a human life than a minor financial cost and annoyance to themselves, but not actually act accordingly.

And I'd like to address any "but bikers endanger themselves when they choose to ride a bike" response before they crop up, the reasons for riding are long and varied and better explained elsewhere, but what's important is that motorcycles are NOT significantly more dangerous than any other vehicle until other vehicles, and drivers, are factored in and that it's not exaggeration to say that any negligence is virtually always shown by the other driver in question, for the simple reason his life isn't on the line and the motorcyclist's is.
>>
File: 1400000000001.jpg (38KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1400000000001.jpg
38KB, 500x375px
>>15137782
I don't like motorcyclists but responsible riders know what they are doing and know how not to being situations that would get them killed.

The problem is are people who usually lane split even though it is legal in some places, constantly cut lanes, and think that some laws or rules of the road don't apply to them because they are riding a bike. Most are easy to spot too if they aren't wearing gear, especially a helmet.
>>
>>15137782
>If I'm in a truck and you're in a car and I kill you through my own incompetence in a crash you could have survived in a truck, I will not feel bad at all. You are the ones that don't feel the need to ride in an 18-wheel fuel guzzling safety box when such a safe option is available so don't blame me for your lack of safety. At the end of the day everyone is essentially responsible for their own wellbeing and if you pretend me hitting you in my truck is my fault you're a fucking faggot that's going to die under a truck and I'm glad I'm dumb enough to be the one to make that happen.
>>
>>15137782
ow the edge
>>
>>15137862
The margin of safety from any bike to even the shittiest car is massive. People don't drive 18 wheedlers for pleasure and are generally much more respectful than bikers.
>>
>>15137836
Whether or not your are a responsible motorcyclist, you will be lumped in with other motorcyclist it seems like most people who ride are assholes. Bike culture is why people will hate you for being on the road even if you aren't a part of it and you obey the rules of the road.
>>
>>15137888
"The margin of safety from any bike to even the shittiest car is massive"

Only when the negligence of other vehicles is a factor, and at very high speeds with tight turns you won't be encountering outside a track. Remember with a bike there's absolutely zero chance of being trapped inside a burning vehicle, or one in water, in the event of a crash, and that a shitbox can roll where a bike would just lowside (usually harmless at normal driving speeds with proper safety gear). Of any reasons you can name a bike is more dangerous, driver negligence will BY FAR be the greatest. and the comparatively slighter reasons would apply just as much to smaller and lighter cars like Miatas against pick-ups, SUVs, crossovers, etc.

Around a track is debatable, comparing MotoGP to Formula 1 the former is statistically safer.
>>
File: tipping-furiously.gif (649KB, 263x396px) Image search: [Google]
tipping-furiously.gif
649KB, 263x396px
>>15137782
>>
>>15137893
Is that supposed to invalidate anything said in the post, or just an addendum?
>>
>>15137782
you are a cool guy!!
>>
>>15137475
> implying that fucking car could catch up to that motorcycle
>>
File: 12332453758.jpg (18KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
12332453758.jpg
18KB, 480x270px
>>15137782
>>
>>15137175

There was a the diamond painted on the ground so it was an HOV lane.

Also motorcycles are allowed to use HOV lanes under Federal law but local government can supersede.
>>
>>15137085
that biker didnt have the right of way and was def. speeding
>>
>>15138254
Basically this. It's not even that he was speeding but he was speeding to reckless extents, that and squids with Go Pros are always looking to stir shit up.

Somebody inconvenienced me being a reckless dickshit? Better damage their property and brag about it on the internet.
>>
>>15138295
So, when did you lose your mirror after nearly merging into someone?
>>
>>15138254
he was probably speeding but he DID have the right of way. the double yellow means dont fucking cross, you idiot.
>>
>riding a motorcycle on a busy highway at a busy time of day in the year 2016 when 75% of drivers are on their cellphones

if you do this you deserve to die, darwinism at its finest
>>
>>15137085
the cager clearly didn't need that mirror. he wasn't using it anyways
>>
>>15137613
>.45 Caliber Slug
>Pimple ridden face

Well, we've spotted the 16 year old who just got his license.
>>
>>15137449
except it's actually california, it's the 405 next to the sherman oaks galleria
>>
In California motorcycles are allowed in the carpool lanes.
People tend to get jealous of bikers so they do stupid shit to fuck up their day.
>>
File: 1464201210887.jpg (58KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1464201210887.jpg
58KB, 500x281px
>>15137085
>>15137095
>>15137149

As a "Cager", this biker is making the world a better place by reckoning others to think twice about their surroundings before piloting their 3800lb+ chunk of metal next to others.

Also, notice the diamond on the road faggot?

That's an HOV lane with solid whites next to it, he blatantly broke the law even if the bike was speeding, which there is a damn good chance he wasn't since HOV lanes have higher speed limits and is restricted to most traffic.... There was a lot of traffic causing lower speed than the speed limits.
>>
>>15138128
>checked his 6 in the webm

Seems like he was nervous about the car catching him too, good rule of thumb is if you do something that makes you nervous somebody else is going to kill you, you probably shouldn't do that fucking thing
>>
>>15137733
More like toss a handful to get fucking shot you dumb nigger
>>
>>15137175
>>15137196
>>15137203
>HOV lane
>High Occupancy Vehicle
Motorcycles are literally the opposite of this. Fuck bikers and their shit
>>
File: 1461796767018.jpg (68KB, 1505x744px) Image search: [Google]
1461796767018.jpg
68KB, 1505x744px
>>15139521
"All states permit motorcycles to use high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes with a single rider on the motorcycle. Limited studies evaluating this practice have shown no traffic or safety problems (Jernigan, 1995)."

http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/pedbimot/motorcycle/00-NHT-212-motorcycle/motorcycle51.html
:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)
>>
>>15137085

Honestly he did the smart thing, he probably assumed it was going to connect with the handlebar which is was inches from doing, so he controlled the point of contact and battered it away with his fist before it ended up in direct vehicular contact and him wrecking.

That soccermom was entirely in the wrong.
>>
>>15139535
Then name it something else. It's an oxymoron. Additionally, bikers are generally assholes. If you're going to ride around in a dangerous vehicle with absolutely no safety equipment, go on your private property.
>>
>>15139556
Dude, they are a fucking bike..... you are a fucking car.

I always put five car lengths in between myself and them, doesn't matter my lane; and refuse to dig or roll race them.

Just don't be around bikes, I'd be an asshole too if I had to deal with people on the road X me not in a metal box.
>>
>not running him down and destroying his shit as soon as he hits the gridlock
>>
>>15137383
Spark plug shards glued to the knuckle protectors.
>>15137782
>>15138379
Sure, don't ride a motorcycle, but don't be an angry jealous little cuckle if some of us do :^)
>>
>>15139596
I'm jelly, I wish I had the self-temperance to even think about owning a baiku. I -know- I will kill myself.

I'm sorry you have so many people that cannot place empathy or forethought into their actions or responses when considering your life.

Keep speeding on past people to keep your distance and lane splitting my friend.
>>
>>15137085

Because they're faggots with small penises?
>>
>>15139620

>look at anon in his z06 with his small peepee LAWL xDDdD

>look at anon in his GTR with his small peepee LAWL xDDdD

>look at anon in his lamborferraroenigsegg with his small peepee LAWL xDDdD

>look at anon in his cummins work truck with his small peepee LAWL xDDdD
>>
>>15137085
Eh person deserved it, probably wasn't paying attention and had the biker not been paying attention he could've smoked the back of her car easily. not to mention she completely cut him off like a dick
>>
>>15137085
Because that is an every day occurrence.
Last time I was casually cruising I got hit. Therefore now anytime I ride I ride like a fucking asshole because it's safer for me.
What'd the cunt say who hit me? Oh that's right she didn't fucking stop. Probably didn't know she nearly killed me but that's okay cause she was late for work. And that's okay cause now I've got a loud ass bike and I ride real aggressive making sure people know I'm there.
The average person on a bike is paying way more attention to their surroundings than the average person in a car.
>>
>>15137149
Some laws are more important than others

Laws regarding lanes, traffic impedance, and right of way are the most important, especially for cars. If anything, ONLY for cars and larger vehicles. People not following them are the only reason speed limits need to exist - you have to go slower as to not run into retards and asshole vigilantes who try to use their cars as weapons of intimidation and carnage.

The road is not a track, unless your idea of a track is a train track. Changing lanes is the exception, not the rule, you fucking road racers.
>>
>>15137457
but it was not a Land Rover Defender...
>>
>>15137782
enjoy never being able to afford insurance again
>>
>>15137782
>If i'm in a car and you're walking on the sidewalk and I kill you "accidentally"....
>you're the ones who feel the need to travel without protection....

blablabla

>>15137956
Oh yeah, ideally, you can fall and only get road rash, but most people will tumble and injure something spinal or break a bone while a car driver would just get minor whiplash.
>>
File: branaghflyflag.jpg (50KB, 690x388px) Image search: [Google]
branaghflyflag.jpg
50KB, 690x388px
>Stuck in rush hour traffic
>Signal to switch lanes
>Car waves me on
>Switching lanes
>Motorcyclist who was lane splitting (illegal here) rear ends my truck
>Get out of truck
>He's dead or passed out.
>Nope. Dead. Definitely dead.

His family threatened to take me to court. They never followed through.

I literally killed someone. And I didnt lose a night of sleep over it. One less crazy biker moron on the road.
>>
>>15140060
no he used you to be an hero himself
>>
>>15140060
Holy fuck. Did you run him over?
>>
>>15139764
Not even road rash at normal driving speeds, I've personally gone down sliding at 55mph after a van entered my lane without looking (same old same old), clipped my left handlebar and high-sided as a result. Broke my right arm, but my textile jacket and gloves held up completely fine, lost only a few buttons and some of the material on the palms. Leather would have managed even better.
>>
>>15140060
>britishflag.jpg
>lane splitting illegal in uk
>story that never happened
Seriously a 0/10 post.
>>
>>15140124
yeah after the biker ran into him he threw his truck in reverse and ran him over i think he just left that part out
>>
>>15137643
>>15137643
>The only decent people on motorbikes are people who ride classic motorcycles or retirees who bought a "touring" bike.

You have no fucking clue how wrong you are, they're typically the ones don't know how to fucking ride with any skill and are horrible at accident avoidance.
>>
>>15140060
>cars changing lanes all the time
>lane splitting is a thing

Natural selection at work here
>>
>>15139440
License plate says San Andreas
>>
>>15139556
>Waaah I don't like bikes in hov lanes so let's name it something else

And this is why people who hate motorcycles cant be taken seriously
>>
>>15137469
lol i saw that, the red bike did the same thing too
>>
>>15137085
god bless
>>
>>15137782
You'll feel bad when my wife owns your house.
>>
>>15138241
>Also motorcycles are allowed to use HOV lanes under Federal law but local government can supersede.

Only when there is a safety risk. Otherwise bikes can use HOV lanes.
>>
>>15137149

Did you even watch the webm? There's a giant diamond on the pavement right at the beginning that tells you he's in an HOV lane.

I hope you don't actually drive because your vision is fucked.
>>
>>15137613
>.45 Caliber Slug

fucking califags.
>>
>>15137475
>two seconds are usually regarded as a safe stopping distance.

Yes, if you are following somebody.

The biker was travelling in an empty lane when the SUV mongoloid illegally moved from his almost stationary lane directly in front of the biker.
>>
>smacking hard plastic at 40+ mph

Bet the fucker raced home to put some ice on that hand. Where's the totes epic gopro vid of that?
>>
>>15140622

>not indicating and checking your mirrors before changing lanes

Retardation at work here
>>
>>15140625

Good spot Stevie
>>
>>15141177
>riding a toy on the same roads as 2 ton death machines
Nah, he had it right with natural selection
>>
>>15141136
I don't know about that.
My Ram has some aluminum in the mirror and a few motors, I'm guessing that would fuck up a hand
>>
>>15141191

>being unable to safely pilot a 2 ton death machine

Retardation at work here
>>
>>15141200
>fuck up a hand inside a glove specifically designed to withstand high velocity impacts with concrete

Motorcycle gloves are tough as fuck bro especially with those solid knuckle protectors
>>
>>15141136
>Smacking a mirror and Not wearing armored gloves

You really think he would do that?
>>
>>15137475
>it took the bike three seconds to reach the car

Doesn't matter. It's an illegal lane change if traffic in the lane has to make any adjustments to let him merge. Traffic already in the lane has the right of way. SUV driver is a typical MFFY.
>>
>>15139592
>that bike
>gridlock
>an issue
>justifying teaching a cager a lesson with murder
Careful not to cut yourself on that edge.
>>
>>15137085
As a biker, I frown on this behaviour. But I understand his anger. The car was being illegal and could of easily killed the biker. The biker shouldn't of broke his mirror tho
>>
File: Tiger1-131-Bovington-2004.jpg (51KB, 600x295px) Image search: [Google]
Tiger1-131-Bovington-2004.jpg
51KB, 600x295px
>>15137782
>If I'm in a tiger and you're in a car and I kill you accidentally on russian ground in a crash that you would have survived in a tiger I will not feel bad at all. You are the ones that feel the need to fight in a deathtrap when safer options are available so don't blame other people for your lack of safety. At the end of the day everyone is essentially responsible for their own wellbeing and if you pretend like you aren't you're just a fucking faggot that's going to die in a blitzkrieg accident and I'm glad that I can be the one in the tiger to make it happen.
>>
>>15142167
grorious taiga~
>>
>>15142167
Tigers are a lot like Mercedes

They both break down within a few miles from the factory
>>
>>15142232
thats the sherman
>>
File: AAI-Fire-Damage-LM24.jpg (137KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
AAI-Fire-Damage-LM24.jpg
137KB, 600x400px
>>15142252
Sherman is more like a Porsche
>>
>>15142284
fair enough, whats a stug III then, ugly like sin but kicks like a mule
>>
>>15137836
>not more dangerous
>statistics indicate they're at LEAST ten times as dangerous as cars
>>
>>15137085
>van driven by a ham planet McDonalds huffing slob, illegally crosses solid double lines, almost kills biker
>biker was a dick

ok
>>
>>15142758
When other vehicles and drivers are a factor.
>>
>>15142758
Not that anon, but bikes aren't inherently any more dangerous than any other vehicle. The danger comes when problems arise, like a car driver changing lanes without looking or indicating, or a teenage girl ramming into the back of you while sitting in traffic because she was texting. In any collision, a motorcycle rider is more likely to sustain injuries than a car driver, but in normal conditions, both vehicles are equally safe; bikes don't randomly crash, just like cars don't randomly crash. To add, most motorcycle accidents are single vehicle, meaning risk is exclusive to the rider, and incidents involving a car and a motorcycle are usually caused by the car, most often because of one of the things listed above.
>>
>>15142847
...which they always are unless you're on a closed track
>>
>>15137085
why do cagers like to group an entire group of people in one catagory
>>
>>15137475
This

It is so obviously clear he had time to react and slow down. This situation was by no means a close call.

Yeah it was an illegal merge, be a man about it.

He was in no real danger.

"How dare someone pull in front of me 50 yards down the road when they're not supposed to. I'll break their stuff"

Really immature and unnecessary.
>>
>>15137956
Did you seriously just make a claim that a cage is just as dangerous as no cage? Nigger fucking please.
>>
Props for pulling off that punch so well but he's a dumbass for uploading it. If you don't get caught doing something questionable, don't upload that shit ffs.
>>
>>15142888
Of the course they are inherently more dangerous. You have zero cage protection. What the fuck kind of retarded definition of "inherently" are you playing at here? Does a vehicle need to have airbags loaded with TATP to be inherently more dangerous?
>>
>>15140997

Yeah. He will feel bad when your wife marries him because he has a big dick which she has no seen anything larger than 3 inches since she met you and leaves him 20 years later because she can't handle the dicking anymore it will really break his heart but because he feels sorry about her perpetually prolapsed anus he gives her the house.
>>
>>15143042
Way to completely ignore everything I said. When a car and a motorcycle are driving down a road and everyone is doing what's expected of them, the inherent risk for both vehicles is almost identical. My whole point was that if car drivers do what's expected of them to the point of preventing an accident, there would be no issue. Yet car drivers so often blame motorcyclists for being motorcyclists, instead of themselves for not doing what's expected of them as the operator of a potentially deadly vehicle.
>>
>>15142232
>w202 2litre
>250000km and engine still going strong
>>
>>15143169
dude
motorcyclists are operating a deadly vehicle
it's just that most of the time the death happens to its driver.

now try to follow me through this next part. you good?
this makes the bike inherently more dangerous to the driver.
>>
>>15143197
Reading comprehension. I'm not explaining this a third tome.
>>
>>15140594
I'm not from UK dumbass

>>15140124
no I didn't

>>15140108
Pretty much how I look at it. He was 24. Any semblance of sympathy I had for him disappeared when his Dindu family tried to sue me.

Interestingly, there wasn't much blood. He looked kinda peaceful laying there.
>>
>>15139483
>in the hov lane
>only 1 person on the bike

wish he would have been crippled desu
>>
>>15141177
I checked my mirror. He wasn't there. Must have been going a lot faster than the speed limit. Besides lane splitting is illegal here I don't need to check for retards zooming in between cars.

I had my blinkers on and due to the traffic it was a slow merge.

I didn't get ticketed. I didn't do a single thing wrong.

Nice try though moral fag.
>>
>>15140060
>lane splitting at such a speed that you would instantly die if you crash into someone

ehh.. I hate to say he had it coming but, yeah, he had it coming.
>>
>>15142888
For me they're more dangerous because a lot of drivers don't instantly recognize a bike as a motor vehicle, people are expecting to see either a car or empty road. Sometimes people will look right at me and then start to pull out.
>>
>>15144221
I get the frustration about "LOL donorcycles" though.
>>
>>15142888
>>15143169

What an absolute crock of shit. Every mechanical device can and will fail without expectation, not quite randomly as every event has a cause but shit it's hard to fortune tell when the stress fracture appears in the fork mount.

No, both vehicles are not equally safe. In one circumstance the operator is not shielded in any form with all protection offered in the form of PPE. There is no intrusion protection nor ROP offered with a motorcycle. Further, the motorcycle allows the operator to be ejected with great velocity during an incident. Ejection during high moments of inertia is a universally accepted method of rendering disfigurement and death. Why do you believe that ejection from a motorcycle is somehow safer than ejection from another type of vehicle? Five hundred joules of energy generated by the skull at high speed contacting a road surface or otherwise at zero speed is five hundred joules, motorcycle or otherwise. This is why helmets save lives. Five hundred joules to the shoulder, what's the outcome here do you think? Perhaps different to five hundred joules to the intrusion bar?

And with the exclusivity of damage to the sole operator of the bike, that too is horseshit. Steaming horseshit. So you squid it up and brake the aft end loose and lose your shit and spill your lollies over the road. What happened to your now skidding uncontrollably motorcycle? It activates the marshmallow coating so when it slides across the footpath it only gives the pedestrians a gentle love tap? Turn your brain on.

What defence does the motorcycle offer against a failed braking system? A collapsed wheel bearing? Delamination of the brake friction material? Sudden loss of rear wheel traction due to the presence of lubricating oil on the road from throwing a rod out of bed?
>>
>>15144233

Sudden and rapid tyre deflation, does this not happen to a motorcycle? What makes the motorcycle more 'inherently safe' than a vehicle with four wheels or greater? Losing fifty percent or more of your friction coefficient in hundredths of a second is not going to end well for a car losing two steer or two drive tyres, nor will it go well for a two wheeled vehicle to be reduced to one wheel. Again, one of these vehicles offer intrusion, ROP and ejection protection when the failure occurs. The motorcycle does not.

What about environmental factors; would you consider it 'random' to encounter an animal strike at cruise speed? Rounding a blind corner into black ice, does the motorcycle detect the black ice and activate the magical motorcycle hovering device to float over the ice and rejoin the road at a section of pavement where the friction coefficient is high enough to regain traction?

A motorcycle is no more impervious to the woes, trials, tribulations and most importantly failures of its mechanical interference fit parts than any other collection of mechanical interference fit parts. When an interference fit part fails that is structurally vital to the vehicle, drama ensues. How much drama ensues depends on what sort of protection is offered to the occupants of the vehicle. If that protection is plastic skid pads and leathers, cunt's fucked.

It's a logical fallacy for anyone to believe that a vehicle with two very small contact patches in line with one axis can withstand an additional moment or the increase of a moment either for or aft will offer the same level of traction and recovery as a vehicle with four widely spaced contact patches.
>>
>>15143836
Bikes are allowed in hov lanes, he's probably paying the toll
>>
>>15144239

As for a previous comment where it was implied an operator will never become trapped by a motorcycle this too is your own logical fallacy. A simple search using your preferred search engine will divest a good amount of data on road fatalities caused by entrapment with a motorcycle. The most common is traumatic burns caused by the combustion of fluids and trims on the motorcycle with a casualty entrapped by the lower body from the motorcycle.

I am sure that you are strong enough to move your bike, but whatever strength you think you have is gone when the casualty begins to go into shock, which is common in a motorcycle crash.

TL;DR I ride road bikes too, but you're a foolish dickhead that rejects the reality of the world around you and replaces it with ideas on how you think it should be. I understand that in your mental utopia car drivers are aware of your movements in real time, devote their driving lives to servicing yours and that motorcycles shouldn't crash any more regularly than a car. But they do, and the results are naturally more damaging to our squishy stringy flesh bag due to the lack of protection offered by straddling an engine on two wheels.

As a personal note, I watched closely the death of my friend from an entirely preventable and almost comical motorcycle crash. He rounded a long sweeping turn at the legal speed when he suddenly lost both fore and aft traction. He low sided (which another poster inferred is always a minor drama that everyone walks away from) into a concrete divider and split into a few pieces. What caused the low side? A muck truck had taken the turn only but a few minutes before his turn with a diesel fuel tank filled to the brim as is pretty common. The truck took the turn and the free surface effect pushed the surface of the diesel up and past the tank cap which was not on correctly. The diesel fuel spilled on the road and minutes later, Clayton took the turn and it killed him.
>>
>>15141191
>2 ton death machines
2 tons is a toy compared to my truck. Enjoy having the fire department peel your little car from around your dead body the next time you don't check before a lane change.
>>
Motor cyclists are free to ride their motorcycles but along with it come natural hazards such as being small and fast enough to be outside of drivers views or reaction times. This is just the nature of the situation.
The guy in the video in the car was out of line and breaking the law.
The guy on the motorcycle has no right to break the guy in the cars personal property. He was acting outside of the situation and should pay for the part he broke.
The car should receive a ticket for breaking the law and/or apologize to the biker and learn from the situation about what's legal and not legal.
>>
>>15137085

why do all bikers think they're life and opinions are worth uploading to youtube?
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.