[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When do you need to change your calipers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Brembo_Colors.jpg (89KB, 519x663px) Image search: [Google]
Brembo_Colors.jpg
89KB, 519x663px
When do you need to change your calipers?
>>
When they stop caliping
>>
When people make fun of you being the wrong color.

Seriously, what kind of paint huffing retard question is this? You can't be this dumb OP, I don't believe it.
>>
Broken in a crash, can't source small parts for them, seized from sitting too long
>>
>>15136280
>>15136284
>>15136300
Sorry if its a retarded question.. But I mean.. Is there like a rule of thumb or whatever? after a certain amount of miles ?
>>
>>15136370
Nope. They are way over built and do not fatigue. The seals inside do fail though.

If you are a scared little boipussi, when you do the rebuild inspect the whole thing for cracks.
>>
>>15136370
Replace every time you change your wheels and tires.
>>
>>15136370
>>15136270
my car is a 2001 civic and im close to doing them apart from being rusted to shit when doing my pads at 100k and a small tear in one piston boot they work fine but im pretty sure the honda pads i took out were either from when the car was built or at like 60k so the slides havent been greased much anyway what i got out was basically black sludge so i took out what i could and re lubed. but never felt great about it ever since but the brakes are working well still at 115k, my rotors are about toast so will do pads rotors and calipers when i feel like it dont really drive much.

id say 100k same for rotors.
>>
>>15137353
>reading this cluster fuck of a run on sentence
Jesus fucking christ
>>
What is a caliper?

t. noob
>>
>>15137358
That's how kids right nowadays lad, get used to it that's the future of this country.
>>15137366
It's a piece of metal that squeezes your brake disc.
>>
>>15137380
>right
Jesus
>>
>>15137366
>What is a caliper?

Brake Caliper:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_brake
>>
>>15137380
>It's a piece of metal that squeezes your brake disc.

No, that's the piston. The caliper is what holds the piston and pads.
>>
>>15136270
every 6 months or 5,000 miles, whatever comes first
>>
>>15140168
No, the caliper pushes the piston out against the back of the pad using hydraulic pressure which exerts a force on the disc that is countered by the other half of the the caliper. The caliper is what squeezes.

Look up the definition of caliper.
>>
>>15141077
No. There are two types of calipers. Fixed and floating.

Fixed = only the piston and pads move
Floating = the caliper slides
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.