[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So it's obvious no one around here actually likes cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 1409921851020.jpg (43KB, 540x366px) Image search: [Google]
1409921851020.jpg
43KB, 540x366px
Why do you hate cars then?
>>
>>15092692
Tell me why I don't like cars, because I thought I did
>>
>>15092692
The miata is pushed too much here, and by extension RWD. Nobody here knows anything and just spew the same opinions as Jalopnik while pretending its fact.
It gets obnoxious to the point where I can empathize with the fwd fastestlaps posters
>>
>>15092692
There seems to be two types of car guys

The first type is interested in mechanics and automotive engineering, probably has experience with both, and can acknowledge the existence of automobiles ranging from the Hyundai Accent to the McClaren P1, etc.

The other types are "car guys" who actually only care about racing cars. They may or may not have actual mechanical knowledge or experience past memorizing the 0-60 times of the fastest production cars. They talk about "real cars" and insist that only cars built for motorsport are "real cars". They're the equivalent of sports "fans" who only like football and basketball and think every other sport is gay or boring.
>>
boring, slow, uncomfortable, expensive, shit culture
>>
>>15092757
This
>>
>>15092757
What about those of us who like everything?
I like shitboxes, hypercars, racing cars, motorcycles, farming/construction equipment, vintage cars....
As for motorsports GT, Nascar, Drag, Aussie V8, LMP, F1, Indycar...
>>
>>15092746
Nobody but shitposters think RWD = godmachine. The benefits of RWD or AWD in cars compared to FWD for most uses have been repeatedly discussed. The Miata is pushed because it's cheap, light, well balanced, has a huge aftermarket, and has very nice suspension design.
>>15093330
My brother of dark skin
>>
Contrary to popular opinion in my circle, I don't like cars, I just like Jeeps. I just happen to be pretty good at working on cars, and smart enough to figure shit out, doesn't mean I like doing it, especially when I'm not getting paid.
>>
I like cars in general tbqh

shitposting is just more fun
>>
>>15093375
I know the feel, kinda. I found out I'm really good at wiring. A master electrician told me I'm the best he's ever scene. The thing is, I don't like wiring or electronics in general.
>>
>>15093414
Leave and never come back. Also strongly consider hanging yourself.
>>
>>15093429
>Leave and never come back.

I will when the board gets boring to the point of 0 chance of entertainment
>>
>>15092692
I do like cars. I just hate new cars and way everything is headed.
>>
File: seriously_nigger.jpg (53KB, 340x480px) Image search: [Google]
seriously_nigger.jpg
53KB, 340x480px
>>15093461
So years and years ago? You either respond to yourself, another shitposter who doesn't mean what he says responds to you, a troll pretending to be mad responds, which could also just be you samefagging, or people respond telling you to fuck off because you've done nothing but derail a thread.
>>
>>15093488
fun is subjective ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

stop being a boring twat who takes 4chan seriously
>>
>>15093525
Go to a shitposting board, hobby boards are not meant to be garbage. You'll even get more responses because they're more heavily populated.
>>
>>15093533
but you see

cars are my favorite thing to talk about, so Id rather do it here

I stay on topic my hot opinions just trigger people
>>
>>15093541
You don't like talking about cars, you like getting replies. Shoo.
>>
>>15093551
nope

otherwise Id go to the other boards I browse and do the same things
>>
File: 1451544811507.jpg (17KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
1451544811507.jpg
17KB, 197x256px
>>15092692
Because i can
>>
>>15092692

/o/ is an automotive board on the website 4chan, this should be enough to answer why this board is such shit. It's not a place for serious discussion, it's a place for car related memes.
>>
>>15093594
>what is GR3
>>
>>15093414
found the guy that posts the yellow faces
>>
File: 145468768768.jpg (64KB, 596x399px) Image search: [Google]
145468768768.jpg
64KB, 596x399px
>>15093429
You see, it's the same problem pretty much on every board.
People are interested in the theme of a particular board but are also immensely bored and/or their knowledge about the topic is insufficient to contribute to discussions. This makes them shitpost because it's cruise control for getting a reaction out of the others with very low effort.

Again, the funny thing is that they usually do it in boards they're actually interested in so it's like they shit and piss into their favorite food and still enjoy eating it without realizing that the more people do exactly this, one day the food will be nothing but piss and shit
>>
>>15093609
/o/ is the worst of the boards I browse without my help

there arent even many opportunities to "contribute" to this shithole at this point Id rather see how bad it can get than try to salvage it

>>15093604
nope

Im just one of the stance posters I dont even make threads
>>
>>15093609
Then why do they not bother to research a bit or learn? We all started somewhere. I took a damn ASE mechanics' course in highschool FFS. Anybody can learn about how a car works. What's good here is an aggregation of different types of car owners, and blunt, unfiltered pros/cons of cars. You can google all kinds of things related to a car prior to buying it, but chances are the best advice for a certain kind of car can come from here, what years to avoid, common fixes, recommended upgrades, etc, unless it's really, really common and old.
>>
>>15093656
So then you aren't a shitposter, since you don't post golden meme faces or memestlaps images, etc.

You just have shit taste. Wait, I guess the "cringe" stuff is a troll, or do you genuinely belive that too?
>>
>>15093663
>Then why do they not bother to research a bit or learn?
You're dealing here with a generation with an attention span of a fruit fly.
Most of the oldfags fucked off and oldfags who shitpost are beyond any help anyway but I doubt there's a significant number of those around.
I bet there's even a huge number of users around who are not even "allowed" to be here yet
>>
>>15093676
of course I honestly believe most of you stance haters are autistic cringelords

>>15093663
>tfw GS400guy was one of the few people who actually gave me helpful advice on here

sure it was about spacers but w/e

I help out when I can about what I know, but i like I said shitposting/intentionally derailing is more fun
>>
>>15093695
But I am of that same generation. I'm willing to bet I'm younger than most posters here who aren't underageb&.
>>
>>15093710
Then you're probably just one of those people who're just actually interested in this shit.
Among a sea of shitposters, you're something like a normie now. Congrats.
>>
>>15093718
According to the /r9k/ test I'm a cyborg, trapped between a robot and a normie, a fate almost worse than a robot
>>
>>15093330
You're like car guy #1

I said that he acknowledges the existence of all cars, and that's almost like saying he likes all cars. Not everyone is, and I get that. But having informed opinions about automobiles based on experience and knowledge, and having personal opinions about individual cars based on that knowledge, is one thing. Blindly loving or hating vehicles based on whether or not it has RWD, two doors and a manual is just silly. Though I'm fully aware that not everyone here is serious about that.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.