[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help me I just filled a petrol car with diesel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

it's the first time I come on this board, I'm from /tv/, I NEED YOUR HELP

I managed to come back home from the gas station only now, and thank God it's very close!!
my father lent me his new Audi A8 in these days because he's abroad, and it was running out of fuel so I went to the gas station
but I got confused because his previous car was a diesel !!

the car now it's like if it has no power, the smoke stinks like fu**ing anal shit and it's a miracle if I arrived home because it felt like if the car was about to die

my father returns from a trip on Saturday
how can I fix this shit without him knowing
I'm not a mechanic but we have some tools in the garage (screwdrivers, hammers, a funnel)
>>
>>15091590
>this thread again
The fucking diesel nozzle is too big to fit in a gas fill
>>
Get a hose and use your sucking strength that you practiced on so many dicks.
>>
>>15091600
where the fuck you live? autismville?
>>
Congrats, you just totally rekt your pa's over-engineered Nazimobile luxury barge.
>>
>>15091590
piss in the gas tank.
the urea will turn diesel into petrol.
>>
File: Diesel_zps0f4d9ccb.jpg (64KB, 1023x709px) Image search: [Google]
Diesel_zps0f4d9ccb.jpg
64KB, 1023x709px
>>15091627
>>
>>15091590
Yeah gg m8, you would have been able to just drain the gas tank if you didn't run the engine but now you have a lot of problems.

Repairs are going to be in the thousands, there are videos on YouTube of mechanics explaining what has to be replaced in this type of situation if you're curious
>>
>>15091759
I'd imagine fuel filter, spark plugs, catalyst, maybe fuel pump and turbo (if applicable).
>>
Not nearly as bad as running a modern diesel on gasoline.

Drain, flush, replace filters, plugs.
>>
>>15091590
If you have a bunch of fuel containers, you can drain the fuel into them. Be careful about making a mess. But that means you will have to raise the car up for access most likely, so you won't be able to do that as you seem very new to car maintenance.

You know how many gallons of fuel fits in the gas tank from the owner manual, so if you filled it full, that is XX number of gallons in the tank minus a quart or so in the system. If you have a bicycle, you can go to a hardware type store and get a siphon hose. YOu will then siphon out the gas tank into fuel containers. I don't know where you'd dispose of the fuel containers.

By the way, fuel is flammable so don't static up or you'll catch things on fire. Cotton clothing, no synthetics. And don't do it in the house garage since if there is a fire the house burns down too. Ahh well, you'll have to dispose of the diesel/gasoline fuel mix properly. Don't pour it in the drain. I can imagine the fumes filling the sewars and then a spark occurs and the sewer blows up. When handling fuel, you'll need a fire extinguisher nearby. And you should have thought ahead of time what you'll do if this catches on fire, if that catches on fire, or this thing catches on fire. Then if the worst case occurs, you will coolly deal with the problem and not make it worse where the car burns up.

Never throw fuel into an existing fire. You will be burned. Generally, pretty much any service station can pump out the fuel as it is an easy basic matter. Each gallon of the diesel/gasoline mixture will cost you X units of money to dispose of. New fuel in the tank and some good quality fuel system cleaner (like seafoam) will help pull out the diesel in the fuel filter.
>>
At my USA gas station, the diesel nozzle won't fit into an unleaded gas tank. It wss deliberately made that way.

>>15091590
>how can I fix this shit without him knowing

It costs money to get the car serviced, so he will find out as he pays for it unless you pay for it. But if you are honest, you will let him know you accidentally put in diesel instead of gasoline.

Don't drive it more. It will need tow to a place that can drain the fuel system. Then they will flush the fuel system which is a bit more money. The fuel filter does NOT need replacement since the new fuel flowing thru it cleans out the diesel if the fuel system flush didn't do that already. After new fuel is put in, you'll just crank the engine a bit until it starts running. As it sucks new fuel in, the diesel will be dissolved into the much more volatile gasoline so it won't even be coating things insde the engine after a very short while. No need to replace spark plugs.

Google this phrase and read:

what to do if diesel is put in gasoline tank?

The problem is not so bad as long as you don't keep running the engine on diesel. Because it seems there was a lot of gasoline in the tank to mix with the diesel, your car was able to continue running badly. But just because it runs you cannot drive it to the shop. It needs to be towed. Running the engine more will cause damage.

It looks like an easy fix for a home mechanic who has the tools and jacks and stands to raise the car up. But in your case, it means paying money to a shop. Drain. Clean fuel system (simple flush with new fuel is easy). Reconnect. Add some new fuel and start car. Run a bit and all fixed. The only thing to not do is run the engine on the bad fuel. Do not be tempted to drive to the shop with bad fuel.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.