[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vehicle Registration - New York to Texas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: new-york-texas.jpg (22KB, 600x386px) Image search: [Google]
new-york-texas.jpg
22KB, 600x386px
Ok...so...
My Great Aunt passed away a few months ago. She lived in New York state. She had a car that hasn't been registered/inspected in NY for the last few years(bad health, couldn't drive)
My aunt has offered to give me the car. (not an awesome car by any means but it's in great shape and only has 45k on the clock)

My dumb question is; will I have to get the car registered and inspected and whatever other bullshit NY may require just to make this thing legal to drive home to Texas only to have to pay again to get the car registered in Texas?
Or is there some sort of "temporary" tags I can get on the car just to make it legal for the 1400mile drive?
>>
Might be an idea just to look at a shipping company, or look at hiring a van and trailer.

Either one of them could be cheaper, almost certainly less hassle
>>
>>15091226
Yeah, I've run that through my head. I'm just hoping to be able to drive it to make a semi-cross country drive with it.
>>
do you live in an emissions test county? if not just register the car fly to ny with the plates and put them on then drive home.
>>
>>15091258
In my county, no. But I'm in NY right now. Will be for another week or two.
>>
I brought a car in OR, drove it cross country on the old expired CA plates(hadn't been registered in 6+ years). Wasn't pulled over once...
>>
>>15091185
What car?
>>
>>15091555
what about when you were crossing state boundaries?
>>
>>15091185

No worries OP, I just went through this exact situation two weeks ago. (Except I went Ohio->Texas)

You can purchase a Texas "One-Trip Permit" that allows you to go from one designated place to another, within a window of 15 days. Blah blah blah. It's five bucks, just print it and keep it in your glove box and you'll be safe. That said, I made the trip with no plates or registration stickers and didn't get stopped once.
rts*texasonline*state*tx*us*/TempPermit/#nbb
>>
>>15091642
Thank you sir. I will definitely be looking into this.
>>15091561
89 Cheby Celebrity Eurosport Wagon. Total old lady car but it's free, low miles, always maintained and I've been looking for a car to putter around town in instead of my truck or taking my gfs car. Never pass up free stuff, especially a vehicle.
>>
>>15093071
NY fag here,

home on leave, bought a car in new york, traveled down to my duty station in georgia.

New York offers "in-transit permits" which are good for about a month i believe.

https://dmv.ny.gov/registration/transit-vehicle-permit-temporary-registration
>>
>>15091586
What about it? There aren't border crossings. Even if you count those stupid CA agricultural checkpoints, they don't run your plates or anything.
>>
Change the fluids, inspect the belts and hoses, be prepared to replace the tires since they're probably dry rotted.
>>
>>15094738
It's definitely in the plan. Gonna do breaks too.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.