[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miata yay or nay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

Is a miata worh it? I currently drive an old Honda Civic and I saw a qt3.14 miata, pic related.

How do they work as a daily driver, and are they (civic level) reliable?
>>
They're fine as a DD only if you don't need a lot of space and if you don't mind a 0-60 time of eventually
>>
If it's rust-free and it's had the timing belt done, do it. It will be more reliable than most cars of that age, but it's still a 25-year-old car and at this point will require basic repairs and maintenance. All of which will be inexpensive to buy and very simple to wrench on.

What year is the car? Do you have any pictures or other information?
>>
>>15090661
Buy it and swap the engine out for an ls1
>>
File: IMG_20160519_134431.jpg (2MB, 3623x2466px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160519_134431.jpg
2MB, 3623x2466px
>>15090698
It's in dutch but here's the website.

http://www.autoscout24.nl/Details.aspx?id=289560443

I'm doubting between the white and the green one. I love the color green, but the pop up headlights get me everytime.

http://www.autoscout24.nl/Details.aspx?id=289151013

Pic related is my current DD.
>>
>>15090661
If you buy a 1.6 buy a 93 the early 1.6's had crank problems. I think they fixed that problem in 91.5 but i would buy a later 1.6 just to be safe
>>
>>15090720
If your set on buying one of those I would buy the green nb, it's overall a better miata
>>
I'm not set on either of those 2 I just want a miata and those had their timing belts replaced recently.
>>
>>15090661

It's called an MX-5 you fat yankee fuck
>>
>>15090815
It is also called a miata you pedantic, third world cunt.
>>
>>15090815
>>15090853
Achtually it's called an Eunos Roadseter.
>>
File: image.jpg (942KB, 1758x2274px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
942KB, 1758x2274px
>>15090661
Very very reliable in the right years. Anywhere from '93 up basically. '94 is the undisputed best year so if you can find one that's manual with lsd buy it. I've owned a 96 civic and my 94 Miata has been way more reliable and fun. You adjust to not having space, and it feels faster than it is.
>implying you can say no to this face
>>
it cannot be said enough how massive the performance aftermarket is for these things, as well
once you start to get bored with the car, slap on some good coilovers, good tires, good big brakes, and a good 250whp turbo setup and it'll outperform almost anything else on the road while also feeling incredibly good to drive
>>
Is 93+ a must? Because the car I like is the 1991 110HP/950KG model. 1993 and above are all 90HP (the ones with pop up headlights) and weigh at least 965.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.