[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toyota returns to the WRC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

What do you think of the Yaris WRC?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3YUhUApXv4
>>
>>15085939
i am ok with this
>>
I like it
>>
>>15085939
The stealth livery kinda makes the shape look like a Renault 5.
>>
>heavy ass fwd
>>
>>15085939
Pretty cool. Enough VW and Citroën on the WRC.

Sounds badass too!
>>
They've toned down the anti lag from some of the earlier tests, so it doesn't sound like it's coughing up fire so much but it still sounds ferocious.

I'm liking the direction they're taking the aero in too.
>>
Noice
Next Season should be pretty interesting.
>>
pointless if they dont sell a GT4 Yaris
>>
>>15085939
boring.

Why bother? will there be a GT4 yaris?
lolno.

id give a fuck if the rallycars had any real comparison to the cars theyre supposedly homologated from.

i mean does anyone in /o/ know someone who's bought a hyundai i20 because "muh rally heritage"

shit, more cunts buy Evo's and WRX's cause of the rally heritage and they havent even competed in WRC for almost TEN years.

Even shit from the 90's in homologation trim is sought after, Toyota GT4's, Mazda GTX, Nissan GTIR.
>>
>>15085939
gimme a 250bhp 1,100kg AWD "Yaris GT4" and ill be interested, better yet dont make it cost a gorillion dollars.

The nissan pulsar GTIR cost $36k DELIVERED. in '95 i still have the fucking brochure that came with my fathers.

i was hyped for nissan remaking the GTIR till they used a fucking suv (the juke) as a base, then asked FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND a piece.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (234KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
234KB, 1280x960px
>>15089592
VW sells this thing as a road going vehicle. There's no reason they can't make a commercial version of the yaris to target the hot hatch market and to promote the idea of Toyota as a performance brand if their WRC team performs.

Also it's not boring from someone who follows the sport, which is sort of the whole point.
>>
>>15089672
i dunno, i fell that as a yaris its boring because it isnt a yaris really. its too far removed from its homologation car.

i like WRC and GT3 but both sports share very little with cars that i could afford, or even see every day.
>>
>>15089672
>limited run production vehicle
>number on top of the wing
>it shaves off just by weather
>there's no registered vin-to-number correlation at VW
>they don't have the capacity to replace the number, once it's shaved off, nor proof that the attached number is for that car

Why go through the trouble of numbering it in the first place?
>>
File: 1445529608464.jpg (244KB, 1066x722px) Image search: [Google]
1445529608464.jpg
244KB, 1066x722px
>>15085939
Nah, if they brought out another Celica with styling like the st18X series and I'm sold
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.