[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it okay to fit American parts on my car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: 2lhp-ave045jm-tm_12.jpg (70KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
2lhp-ave045jm-tm_12.jpg
70KB, 600x600px
Hey /o/ I need advice on some headlights. Basically I want to upgrade the headlights on my car, I currently own a 2006 Holden Barina TK Sedan. I've been told that it's essentially the same as the 2007 Chevy Aveo and I am currently looking at these headlights:

http://www.autolightpros.com/2007-chevy-aveo-black-headlights-2lhp-ave045jm-tm.html

I talked to the sales person via email and he said it's not recommended.

I came here to ask since you guys are experts. Is it okay to fit American products onto my car? It should be noted that my care is Right-Hand Drive and the Chevy is Left-Hand Drive.
>>
File: Holden-TK_Barina_Sedan_2006.jpg (121KB, 1140x643px) Image search: [Google]
Holden-TK_Barina_Sedan_2006.jpg
121KB, 1140x643px
Guess I'll post the cars for reference too.

2006 Holden Barina TK Sedan [My Car] (Right-Hand)
>>
You'll have to aim the lights differently, which might be pretty inexpensive if you decide not to do it yourself. Otherwise you'll probably be fine if they really do fit.
>>
File: chevrolet-aveo-03.jpg (192KB, 2084x1328px) Image search: [Google]
chevrolet-aveo-03.jpg
192KB, 2084x1328px
2007 Chevy Aveo [What the headlights fit] (Left-Hand)

So will it fit /o/?
>>
>>15075855

Beam pattern is different so you'll be shining your beams in the opposite drivers faces all the time. So do not do this.
Not to mention those are some shit headlights for some third world car, so the quality and beam focus is probably garbage regardless
>>
>>15075868
Mind explaining to me how they'll shine onto the opposite drivers faces?
>>
>>15075855
Mate, DONT

Americans measure their headlight fluid in Gallons instead of Litres like the rest of the 1st world and nobody has converted it yet, you'll end up busting a battery within a day.
>>
>>15075877
I see? Should I just search for some Australian aftermarket headlight then? I've looked before and there are none decent for my type of car, everything is either for the Commodore or for earlier Barinas
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 236x142px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 236x142px
>>15075874
Using the RHD lights on LHD cars and vice versa means youre beams are adjusted to shine into the opposite lane. Whereas on their intended vehicle they shine less into the opposite lane.
>>
File: $_57.jpg (179KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
179KB, 1600x1200px
>>15075887
I see, so what should I do then? I want headlights but I want something urban with daytime lights.

Something like pic related, but not that colour and not that style
>>
>>15075855
>putting money into a Daewoo with a Holden badge stuck on it

Can't advise, honestly.
>>
I did something similar with some bmw mini cooper lights. Put LHS intended ones on a RHD car. I fixed the beam pattern by baking the lights in the oven to seperate the lenses from the housing. Inside I found a little metal plate which shapes the light pattern by obstructing the light. These little plates were held inside by a single screw. I just changed the plates around to covert them to RHD. Think about it, they arnt going to manufacture two different sets of lights. There will be some equally trivial difference that will be adjusted during assembly.
>>
>>15075855
I doubt american lights are strong enough to handle true blue aussie electricity mate I wouldn't risk it
>>
>>15075855
Yes the American headlights will fit.
They may not be completely legal in your country, but they will fit.

American headlight regulations generally focus on how well you can see the road while other countries focus on reducing glare.

Do it if you want OP. It should bolt right on. Just be aware the headlights may not be completely legal in your country.
>>
File: AveoKalosFrontComparison2.jpg (92KB, 782x363px) Image search: [Google]
AveoKalosFrontComparison2.jpg
92KB, 782x363px
Obligatory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyxpUDBLfmo

I will say you Australians got the better looking front end on the hatchbacks than the Americans did.
>>
>>15076137
Well, that's one way to promote a car as sporty.
>>
File: dnhlc7v.png (571KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
dnhlc7v.png
571KB, 1366x768px
>>15075897
You'll have to align the beams, which I don't think is possible. Otherwise you'll have to use a special black tape to suppress the beam.
>>
>>15077680
you dont think aiming headlights is possible?
>>
>>15075897
http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/80389-diy-how-to-convert-headlights-rhd-to-lhd-and-reversed/
Here is an example. I don't know if it applies to your car
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.