[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How reliable is a jeep? In the long run. Ive always wanted one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: images (29).jpg (24KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (29).jpg
24KB, 512x288px
How reliable is a jeep? In the long run. Ive always wanted one and the four doors price recently went down here but where im from there isnt a dealer so if it breaks and i need a repair id have to pay for a mechanics flight here, him to do his job and his stay in a hotel. I know theyll eventually invest in my area but that might take a few years. So how reliable are they?
>>
Jeeps are junk unless you have the money to keep them very well maintained.

Basically it goes for anything with Chrysler products
>>
>>15058356
Worked on them for just under a year and found that jeeps are pretty unreliable but the wranglers were alright
>>
>>15058356
JKs literally have a minivan motor. Also anything except for the wrangler and grand cherokee is absolute shit. Get a TJ.
>>
>>15058356
when i see a 4 door wrangler i automatically think cuck and office worker that never goes offroad. 2-door or gtfo.
>>
Reliable
Long term
Jeep

Pick 2
>>
>>15061505
>and grand cherokee
Heh
>>
The Wranglers have a habit of the body rusting out pretty bad. Take a trip to the junkyard, you'll likely find a row of wrangler's rusted to hell.
>>
>>15061722
I actually like the new 4 doors. most people stretch older jeeps anyway. the longer wheelbase helps a lot more than it hurts.
>>
>>15058356
>so if it breaks and i need a repair id have to pay for a mechanics flight here, him to do his job and his stay in a hotel

Where the fuck do you live?
>>
I know the older cherokees with the AMC 4.0 |6 are tanks.

I've heard bad about any of the other newer ones. Especially the first few Grand Cherokees.
>>
They won't break down on you, but they need a lot maintenance.
That's my experience with the older ones, I don't know anything about the newer jeeps.
>>
>>15066405
>>15066417

From experience selling a lot of used Jeep's (we have a high demand for them in my area), if you are sticking with a Wrangler, anything post 2011 will be fine, as they basically have nothing in them to break, and 2011 was the only year where they had any real engine issues.

Outside the Wrangler, Jeep's lineup is basically worthless.

The low rent, rental car tier Jeeps like the Patriot/Compass/Renegade all have interiors that start to fall to shit within a year or so and are all overpriced for what they are because MUH JEEP

The high end Jeeps Like the GC Overlander/Summit are hysterical unreliable. Our dealership has dealt with 2 GC's blowing tranny's inside 75K miles within the last 6 months. The air ride shit breaks all the time. 8 out of 10 will have some sort of catastrophic electronics failure within the first few years of ownership.
>>
>>15066405
Yeah, the older 4 litre inline 6 Cherokees lasted forever, and would handle crazy abuse from what I recall.
>>
>>15061722
It depends if your idea of offroading is day trips to drive over, and pose on some obstacles, or getting out in the wilderness for an actual period of time and require room to carry gear.
>>
>>15066392
I second this question.

I'm guessing Australia
>>
>>15067110
We have a pretty large Jeep dealer network here, I'd guess some eastern European country.
>>
curious -- what gen of grand Cherokees are body on frame?
>>
>>15058356
among the most unreliable cars
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.