[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

81 280zx NO START

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (8KB, 321x157px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 321x157px
Help me diagnose my no start that i have been chasing for nearly a whole year now. Purchased a 1981 Datsun 280zx that was not running. The car will not turn over with the AFM attached but if I take the AFM off the car will turn over and idle (roughly). I have tried diagnosing it my self to no luck so far the parts i have replaced

New AFM (O'Reilys 3 seperate units)
New Spark Plugs
Cap & Rotor
Spark Plug Wires
TPS
CHTS
tested a known working ecu and no change
cleaned all the corrosion from the electrical
replaced the AFM boot

anyone had this problem before? Ive talked to many mechanics and they all say different things, the most recent saying it could be my fuel injectors, but then another mechanic is saying it shouldnt be the injectors because the car turns over without the AFM
>>
>>15051510
Fuel
Air
Spark
Compression
Those are what is needed to start an engine. If you're missing any one of those then it won't start. Have you checked your fuel pump?
>>
>>15051527
checked fuel pressure at the rail and it was getting 35-40 PSI, and also pulled the line before the filter and there was fuel coming out ive also replaced the FPR since the old one smelled like gas
>>
>>15051545
Any possibility that you have some bare wires grounding out? I'm drunk but I'm trying to help.
>>
>>15051575
>>15051545
Double check all of your grounds, fuses, make sure your coil pack or equivalent is actually working.

Check the wires leading to the AFM

Check your fuel filter, just do it anyways.

Check your air filter.

Is the starter running?

Have you discharged the vehicle's capacitor's? (Unhook the battery, hold both positive and negative leads to eachother and have a friend try to start the vehicle)
>>
File: 1443558163722.png (105KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1443558163722.png
105KB, 512x512px
>>15051510
>buying a datsun
>expecting to to run
>>
>>15051595
replaced air filter
wires leading to AFM look good

my car is a base model it doesnt come with capacitors.

on a more serious note has anyone had this problem or seen it? ive researched and all lead to dead ends
>>
>>15051642
I bought tha datsonn not running :shrug:
>>
>>15051595
so sorry mistook you for a troll, i have not tried the last part of what you said but i did try a known good ECU.
>>15051575
checked all the electrical and replaced the water temp sensor wiring as it was bare, everything else aside from being old looks good
>>
>>15051642
What is the L28e.
>>
Need a blessing from the datsun gods
>>
>>15051675
So it want even turn over with the AFM? Like turn key, click, fuel pump noise but no cranking, nothing going to the starter? Or is it turning over but not firing?
>>
Y?
>>
>>15051510
how do you fail this bad at getting an L28 to work
>>
Clean/check the lead to the starter motor
>>
>>15052593
it is cranking but not turning over unless the AFM is not on the car. Just cranks and cranks like it wants to start but it doesnt

>>15054695

Why dont you try and help me since youre so knowledgable and capable?

>>15054699

starter is functioning. the car cranks and turns over but without the AFM on the car
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.