[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

long term car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1463108412362.jpg (102KB, 950x1185px) Image search: [Google]
1463108412362.jpg
102KB, 950x1185px
is a miata a long term car?

is it practical enough to be an lone term car?
>>
Memes and shitposting aside, it's universally considered the most reliable sports car produced and have no problem running with high mileage.
>>
>>15049555
wow thanks. is an 1998 nb, worth 5k australian?
>>
>>15049568
Honestly I'd need a lot more information but would highly recommend an NB of any used generation. Mileage, condition, etc.
>>
>>15049568
I wouldn't spend more than 5k on an NA or 7k for an NB in Australia, those are the prices they seem to be going at.
>>
>>15049549
It’s practical enough, but it’s not a very good car for long-distance driving. The noise, cramped interior, and exposure to the sun will drive you nuts. The A/C is weak and saps the engine so much that you have to time your shifts differently. The top just turns the road noise into an echo (unless you have a hardtop), and the extra UV rays going through the hole in the Ozone Layer in the Southern Hemisphere will reduce its lifespan.

If you don’t need to make many hour+ drives, it’s a great car.
>>
>>15049842
forget it. I want to pickup stuff from costco

1998 mx5, 250,000km +
>>
>2 seater
>Enough trunk space for your hat

Just make sure that if you ever decide to start a relationship that your boyfriend at least has his own car.
>>
File: 2011-mazda-MX-5-miata-trunk.jpg (1MB, 1500x938px) Image search: [Google]
2011-mazda-MX-5-miata-trunk.jpg
1MB, 1500x938px
>>15049929

miata has a lot of flaws, but the trunk is surprisingly usable
>>
>>15049549
You're from kangaroo land and you're not buying a based falcon or commodore. WTF is wrong with you.
>>
>>15049842
NB is quieter and the a/c saps the motor less. It's a better daily driver.
>>15049929
Not true at all. I did a 2 week road trip with my wife in an NA. We even brought a bunch of camping gear. You can put stuff on the shelf behind the seat when the top is up, and put it on top of the folded top when it's down.

OP it's not a bad choice honestly. Has some drawbacks but it is fun to drive.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.