/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RX-7 FC Vert

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 00R0R_bU4ITikIGzr_600x450.jpg (35KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
00R0R_bU4ITikIGzr_600x450.jpg
35KB, 337x450px
I'm in the market for an FC because I'd like a rotary but I'm not looking to spend $20000 on an FD.
There is an FC convertible near me for about $3000 and it seems to be in great condition.

What can I do the a N/A Vert FC to make it better?
So far I have planned
Body:
>strut braces
>coilovers
>roll bar
Engine:
>high flow air filter
>racing beat full exhaust
>decat

Would this be any good? I like the idea of a convertible because I'm a fag but I'm not sure if it's worth it.
>>
>>15048243
Unless you have a garage and plan on being super autistic about the top, don't get a vert.
I've owned a couple of them. AMA
>>
>>15048254
What's wrong with the top? The verts are a lot less expensive than the hatches.
>>
>>15048264
Likely have holes or leaks.
Likely rust around the section that bolts to the bottom
Likely rust above the windshield.
Fairly expensive to fix if a motor goes out or the top is ripped up.
Unless someone took good care of it.
>>
Weren't the 'verts auto only or am I mistaken?
>>
>>15048300
Nah. 5spd for days on verts.
>>
>>15048289
Thanks. I like the convertibles, but I get where you're coming from.
Hatches are like $2000 more at the lowest though.

I'll probably just have to give it a good look over.
>>
>>15049221
Not him, but save the money for a hatch, the very is heavier and the chassis is shit due to it being designed as a coupe and not a very, if you expect handling like a Miata from an FC Very you're retarded
>>
>>15049253
*Vert, not very stupid fucking autocorrect
>>
>>15049253
>designed as a coupe and not a vert
This is not true of the rx7. Mazda entirely redesigned the chassis specifically for the convertible.
Although you are correct about it not handling as well as the hatch.
>>
>>15049273
>redesigned

Adding extra bracing is not redesigning, it's compensating
>>
>>15049282
You're a moron. It's nowhere near the same chassis.
>>
>>15049296
it's nowhere near as good either.
>>
Cool car but if you think you're saving money by buying it at $3000 you're probably wrong.
A clutch is $1000, a new top is $1000, new tires are $1000, new apex seals are $2000. So you put all that into your car and now you're broke but when you go to sell it it's still only worth $3k.
Just something to think about.

Also: opening up the exhaust doesn't always make more power. Do your research there.
>>
The vert is cheaper because it is less desirable. Everyone is right that the vert only ads problems. However if you live somewhere dry and hot the vert is probably fine.
If you want goo handling and all that. get a hardtop. if you just want to cruise and do some spirited driving without thought of competition (ie autocross, track days) the vert will do just fine. They look cool i agree, but the dorito engine is enough to worry about, a leaky interior just ads more problems.

Also rotaries really aren't unreliable like people like to meme. I've had mine for a few years and its been awesome. A local club racer has a peripheral port 13b that he's been racing (and winning) for years without rebuild.

>>15050225
You obviously don't know shit about rotaries. Plz go
>>
Sure, the old NA rotaries did last, but not the turbo versions.
>>
>>15052768
That's because Mazda make shit turbos, you can put a modern single turbo on a rotary and it'll have more power and sustainability than a stock twin-turbo.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.