[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

new stereo makes a whining noise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 71Azw4OiLtL._SL1500_.jpg (110KB, 1500x557px) Image search: [Google]
71Azw4OiLtL._SL1500_.jpg
110KB, 1500x557px
http://www.amazon.com/XO-Vision-XD103-Stereo-Receiver/dp/B0071LSAR6

i installed this in my 01 saturn and get a whining noise through the speakers that increases with engine rpm. it's installed correctly in regards to the wiring harness all being correctly connected using insulated wire crimps and from what i've read i may need to use a different switched/constant +12 from say maybe the cig lighter to get rid of this but couldn't i just add a resistor to it instead? any br/o know what's going on here? thanks in advance
>>
You have a ground loop
>>
Alternator Whine. Bad ground or poor isolation between the power cables and RCA cables.
>>
As others have said you have a bad ground. If you are grounding it through the wiring harness get rid of that ground and ground it to the chassis.
>>
Could be a ground loop, or just a shitty stereo. I got a replacement head unit that had a whine that went up and down in pitch with RPMs, put my old head unit back on and it was gone.
>>
>>15016289
ty. just use a new ground wire to the grounded carriage? ie don't use the ground from the factory harness?
>>15016303
no amp so i'm not using rca
>>
ground it with a chassis ground as short as possible.
>>
>>15016348
will do. ty anon
>>15016364
i hope this isn't the case. google brings up isolators to put inline on v+,v- and switched v+. they look to be a resister and diode so if a new ground doesn't solve this i'll diy a isolator but since i installed the identical stereo in my gfs camry without issue i know the stereo isn't to blame
>>
>>15016222
>Audio output 20 x 4W maximum
Why would you need to have 20 speakers with 4W RMS?
>>
>>15016503
this is the plan. i'm amazes this head unit has bt and drives my stock speakers so well.

>>15016536
perfect for my stock speakers
>>
File: 84624056.jpg (39KB, 605x674px) Image search: [Google]
84624056.jpg
39KB, 605x674px
>>15016536
20wx4channel
>>
>>15016551
Amazon says 20x4W.
>>
File: 1428835104950.gif (53KB, 129x111px) Image search: [Google]
1428835104950.gif
53KB, 129x111px
>>15016222
also i got 2 for the price of 1 since the walmart cashier made a mistake. 23.00 dollars and her and i are stoked. currently using bt to play pandora or listen to the 20something gigs of music on my phone. the usb port supplies 5volts too so it charges our phones. a decent buy if anybody is in the market for something like this...lmk if u want me to go take a pic of how clean it looks
>tfw remote for car stereo
>>
>>15016564
lol it's 20wx4 on the box
>>
>>15016222
http://www.amazon.com/XO-Vision-XD103-Stereo-Receiver/dp/B0071LSAR6 is the correct model. oops
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.