[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car wont start, steering won't turn, car just makes a clicking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: mercedeseclassleak1.jpg (234KB, 1700x1132px) Image search: [Google]
mercedeseclassleak1.jpg
234KB, 1700x1132px
I was trying to give my father, who is now physically disabled, a driving lesson yesterday. He was revving it a lot while it was in Park but I don't think that had anything to do with this. At one point after I had taken out the key he put it back in and the car wouldn't start. It just makes a clicking sound when the key is entered or turned. The brake pedal is stiff and won't move and it's the same with the steering wheel. What happened, what's wrong and is this going to cost me much?
>>
Forgot to say but the display does come in and I can turn on the radio and heating
>>
>>14997140
>>14997140
>Yes
What happened? What's wrong? Any way I can fix it myself?
>>
>>14997134
What the fuck kind of lesson was it that it disabled your father?
>>
>>14997134
Battery dead
/thread
>>
>>14997796
this is probably it, my mustang does the same thing because the battery is old af and i need a new one. just buy a battery charger and get her juiced up a bit before trying to start it up again. if it works you just need a new battery
>>
>>14997134
>People actually believe that power steering is ALWAYS working
>>
>doesnt know what power steering and brakes are

You're dad's physically disabled, found out who's mentally.
>>
its the fucking battery m8,
>>
File: Wut.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Wut.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>14997134
>the car wouldn't start. It just makes a clicking sound when the key is entered or turned.
That is either a weak battery (most common) or very rarely a bad starter solenoid because it was worn out.

>The brake pedal is stiff and won't move and it's the same with the steering wheel.
It should be since the car has not started. A running engine will pressurize the power steering and brake system. That's why after you stop the engine, the brake pedal is still easy to push a few times or the steering wheel is easy to turn for a short distance. But after you press the brake a few times, the pressure is all used up and the pedal gets hard to push again. Same with the steering wheel.

>now physically disabled
You mean mentally disabled? He was revving the car in park. Let's stomp the pedal and redline the engine! Your RPM needle takes time to move up so the engine could have hit redline and is coming back down before the needle ever reaches the red zone if your father stomps the gas and lets off because he likes that revving sound. Mentally disabled drivers are not good drivers. Add in any confusing or stressful decision situation and you have car accident. And if it is a mentally disabled driver, everyone will point to that person as guilty (even if he isn't).
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.