[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When oil companies think they can avoid the electric car future

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

How can they seriously think this is a good design and people would want this?
>>
File: little-tikes-cozy-coupe-iii-car.jpg (29KB, 346x346px) Image search: [Google]
little-tikes-cozy-coupe-iii-car.jpg
29KB, 346x346px
>>
>>14995369
-6 feet per gallon of bleach.
>>
File: shell-project-m-concept-car-9.jpg (33KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
shell-project-m-concept-car-9.jpg
33KB, 700x525px
>>14995349
Shell unveils 89-mpg Project M concept city car
Project M were announced by Shell last year and the car is described as a "total rethink" of Gordon Murray's 2010 T.25 city car. Indeed, it was designed in partnership with auto designer Murray, whose other work includes Formula One cars and the McLaren F1
http://www.gizmag.com/shell-project-m-concept-car-reveal/42955/
>>
File: small car death box.jpg (10KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
small car death box.jpg
10KB, 320x180px
>>14995349
i hear they come with complimentary life insurance
>>
getting embarrassed by sitting in a literal clown car every day when you can have really great 60mpg in a normal looking economy hatchback that at least preserves the majority of your dignity left
>>
>>14996709
if you use words like "high tech" and "state of the art"
someone out there will buy this car
>>
>>14996381
The Smart is actually really safe.
>>
File: spark.jpg (15KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
spark.jpg
15KB, 288x216px
>>14996744
it was marked as "good" but for around the same MPG you could say, buy a toyota yaris, chevy spark, or honda fit. And not look like a little bitch
>>
>>14996792
as in the NHTSA crash test
>>
>>14996744
No it isn't.
Just because it still looks like a car doesn't mean your brain won't be on the retaining wall.
>still though, my EMT friend says the most fatality accidents he sees are idiots on the highway, second only to a head on collision with a late 90s chevy pickup and a late 90s Honda
>silverado's bumper hits accord driver's forehead
I don't need to tell you who wins.
>>
>>14996744

>>14996848 gets it. Smart cars are remarkably tough, and that does help. In major collisions, though, the smart cars get knocked around badly, and the G forces experienced by occupants aren't always survivable, even if the passenger compartment is intact.
>>
How good is an electric Smart fortwo?
>>
File: Hydrogen-Cars.jpg (132KB, 456x208px) Image search: [Google]
Hydrogen-Cars.jpg
132KB, 456x208px
>>14995349
Electric only cars is a joke that's gone to far.
Batteries are far to heavy and are even more dangerous for the environment then oil ever was.
If hydrogen doesn't take off the Rail industry is just going to make a comeback and we will just walk everywhere.
>>
>>15001654
>implying rail coming back would be a bad thing

fuck airlines and their faggy pricing models, a high speed train or a maglev might be slower but at least it wouldn't be annoying like going to an airport is.

plus, kinda hard to do terrorist attacks wIth a train, so there's less reason to hijack it unless you want to hold hostages or something.

and if battery vehicles don't work out, trolleybuses in the cities and towns would do just as well. But I have a feeling batteries will catch on.
>>
>>15001674
Terrorist attacks on trains are as "simple" as blowing up the tracks at the right time.
Fuck, you could just plant a bomb on the train itself and set it off while the train's in motion. Should cause a fair bit of carnage.
>>
>>15001679
Yeah but you can't ram trains into buildings.

Plus, if a train gets hijacked you don't have to shoot it down, you could drive up alongside it and put in a SWAT team or something.

As for train bombings? Those have been going on since forever, but they'll probably do bomb scans for them all the same.
>>
File: Elio-Motors.jpg (35KB, 496x256px) Image search: [Google]
Elio-Motors.jpg
35KB, 496x256px
would rather get an elio
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.