[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What car can be modified to go around any track (not straight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: gtr1-820x420.jpg (85KB, 820x420px) Image search: [Google]
gtr1-820x420.jpg
85KB, 820x420px
What car can be modified to go around any track (not straight line drag) faster than the GTR?

I've saved about 70 grand CAD and hope to have enough by the end of this year (120k for a used gtr in my area)

I've started reading on the GTR and ive found that some people will damage your car just because theyre jealous or dont like the brand. I've had Civics my whole life and i just upgraded to a Forester so i've never dealt with jealous people lol.

So to get best of both worlds. i'd rather just modify a sleeper to be better than the GTR. Currently, im looking at the Lotus Elise with a boosted honda Type R swap but im looking for oppinions because im not the most knowledgeable
>>
>>14995150
Honestly, tube frame stockcar with a big ass truck motor and slicks.
>>
Ariel Atom with the supercharged Honda motor for much less than your budget.
>>
>>14995166
any Examples? I would love if someone swapped a bike engine into the new honda s660 once it goes mainstream. the "Smart-uki" looks ugly
>>
>>14995178
I wanted something im which i wouldnt have to wear a helmet when driving or worry about debris from other cars hitting me if i do take it on the road
>>
bump

Ariel atom stock vs s2000 modified?
>>
a sportbike
>>
nigga any shitbox can for that price

a gutted Civic with a K series and a few mods would do it
>>
>>14995279
incorrect, but i see where youre coming from
>>
>>14995150
How modded are you willing to go?

We built an E92 M3 at my old shop that did a 1:49 on R-Comps at Buttonwillow. The fastest GT-R time I can find is a 1:52, and that was on slicks.

I don't know the state of that GT-R, though, and our M3 is a full race car, although for what it's worth it's an endurance car and not in full time attack trim.

It's also possibly worth mentioning that the same driver did a :54 or so (IIRC) in a nearly stock (all it had was an exhaust and a half cage) 991 GT3.
>>
>>14995150
Maybe an Exocet or Catfish? Miata-based kit car, and the Miata engine on built internals and 28 psi will put down 800whp
>>
>>14997105
800whp on a Miata motor

I don't care if you have forged internals.
This has to be an exaggeration.
>>
>>14997128
It's not
http://www.globalnetspace.com/miata/
>>
>>14995150
If I had that kind of money to spend on a track whore, I'd probably look at a performance kit car of some sort. But, it sounds like you might want something more streetable than that.

Do you have any preference as far as drivetrain layout? that'd be a good way to narrow down the options.
>>
>>14995150
Why the fuck would you get a GTR for track days? I mean, it sort of blends as a good daily car with it's price and performance, but if you're gonna modify it so that it's fast on track but
comfortable to drive in public, you're gonna have to shell close to 50k for it to be proper fast.

Just get an Atom or an open-wheeler or something. You'll have way more fun for less cash. Then buy a trailer and a daily like a Cayman or something.
>>
Any good platform thats commonly used for track. m3 coupe, s14, any generation of miata, rx7, evo, eclipse or dsm with a 4g63. There's just so many cars you can make fast on that budget.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.