[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Original HID light bulbs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: PHILIPS.jpg (339KB, 785x525px) Image search: [Google]
PHILIPS.jpg
339KB, 785x525px
Can we talk automotive lights please? Specifically, I need a recommendation on where to buy authentic HID light bulbs, not Chinese knockoffs. I need to replace factory HID bulbs which came with the car as they very dim and also shifted toward blue end of the spectrum (not sure if they are just old, or also crap bulbs). I'd like to replace them with original Philips D2S bulbs as that's what the car comes with from the factory but can't seem to find any original ones. There are several sellers on Amazon who claim that the bulbs are authentic, however several reviews attest otherwise. I've gotten a pair from Amazon myself, but they came in regular cardboard box without the authenticity sticker which Philips puts on all retail boxes. There's a reason I'm being anal about factory lights vs cheap-o ones - according to my research, the lower quality fakes don't have the same glass and UV blocking treatment as the originals which results in discoloration, warping and other problems with the headlight lens and poly-carbonate glass.
TL/DR: Can someone recommend a source for authentic Philips HID D2S bulbs?
>>
>>14993599
ask your local stealership.
>>
>>14993599
Manufacturer's website.

Otherwise, have you tried NOT blinding the people in the other lane with stupid bright headlights?
As soon as I figure out how to spot HIDs on parked cars, a lot of people are getting theirs sprayed black.
>>
>>14993612
Problem is that dealership charges unreasonable amounts for them. I haven't asked personally, but people have gotten quotes of something like 300 per bulb or something like that. They should be around $100 each give or take.

>>14993626
Philips doesn't sell automotive lights on their website. I guess I'll try autozone or some other automotive store.
Hold your horses there spray-man. It's an MDX, it comes with HID from the factory standard on all trim levels. I wouldn't just slap HID into halogen headlight housing, that's silly.
>>
try the forums @ hid planet
>>
TheRetrofitSource
HIDConcept
XenonDepot
>>
>>14993626
You're an arse. Why not suggest kindly that they align their headlights.

I understand if it's too difficult for you to not be a raging autist though :^)
>>
>>14996237
Fuck you. I'm not him but he's doing gods work. Why should we ask some asshole? If they weren't an asshole they would have aligned them already. The simple fact that they haven't done so tells us all we need to know.
>>
>>14993626
>a lot of people are getting theirs sprayed black.
how about you spray that in a bag and hold it over your mouth and nose until you die?
>what kind of dickless piece of shit fucks with another man's automobile?
>>
ITT: /o/ fails to understand the difference between OEM HID projector headlights and shitty aftermarket retrofits
>>
It's illegal if they're not factory installed, albeit a "ricer ticket" that's stacked on to speeding (which you're more likely to get nailed for in the first place once you start adding obvious mods like HID conversion)

The headlight housing must also be replaced, just not the bulbs. Aligning them doesn't do shit, especially on uneven roads. Lrn2glare.

You will not be safer on the road if you use HIDs for your driving lights. Normal headlights project far enough granted you are not going 80mph on a cramped american highway with deer infested forests on both sides because you have these things called "high beams" that you can turn off when people who may be blinded approach.
>>
>>14996281
You're both such utter manchildren if you think vandalism of someones vehicle is acceptable because they don't have everything just so.

How would you feel if I beat you up because you ran out of money on your bus pass?
>>
>>14996368
You're so deluded I'm half convinced this is b8.

For starters, due to the colour of the light it's actually easier to see as it's close(ish) to natural daylight. Hence it's safer.

Regarding the glare, I agree with that, but it's simply a matter of car maintenance.
>>
>>14997130
>vandalism of someones vehicle is acceptable because they don't have everything just so.
A mod that blinds and distracts drivers in the opposing lane is not "just so".
>>
>caring about other drivers
No mercy on the touge
>>
i have 6 hid kits on my honda accord euro in non projector housings, stay mad faggots
>>
ITT: People who irrationally hate HID headlights and people trying to rationalize with raging autists.

>>14993626
Also if I ever spotted someone spray painting my car in any way, for any reason, their getting the entire can emptied into there eye ls. Then you won't have to worry about seeing my car.
>>
>>14997144
It's harder to see because the blueish tint fucking destroys your night vision. A person with yellow headlights will still have a dim view of the road beyond if there's the slightest bit of ambient light. an HID fag NEEDS the brightest light possible, because everything else is fucking darkness. It's like turning yourself into an old fart with night blindness. And turning everyone you drive near/by into an old fart with night blindness. Don't do it.
>>
>>14997198
Are we talking about cheap Chinese HID kits? Because if we are I agree with you.

However if you're talking about a good quality ballast and globe with a colour about 4200°K then I can easily say that you're completely full of shit.
>>
https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/forum/general-discussion/general-discussion-aa/39279-are-these-philips-bulbs-real
>>
Sorry, guys I had to leave that day. Was surprised to find the thread still alive..

>>14994656
>>14995295
>>15000653
Thanks for great info guys.

Didn't mean to start HID shitstorm, just to clarify, my car has stock HID from the factory. I'm specifically looking for the exact same bulb that came with the car to be sure it's aligned properly and not too bright/weird color or anything like that.
>>
>>15000969
OP by the way.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.