[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

diagnosis thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 0uUOWzj.png (1020KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
0uUOWzj.png
1020KB, 1080x1920px
put new battery in, car won't start.

haven't started for 4 months, sitting there.

bought new battery, still didn't start.

thought the problem was needing a new battery.

previously left the 100% no problem car unstarted for 6 months.

just thought it needed a new battery.
>>
Connect the battery correctly.
>>
>>14977316
oh maybe that it.

I loosely connected the red positive to postive cable and the negative to the negative cable but not to snug. Is that the problem?
>>
>>14977326
How are we supposed to know? Go check.
>>
We are going to need more info

Does the engine crank, or is there no reaction at all?
What type of car?
What engine?
Did you charge the battery before putting it in?
>>
>>14977289
Op is a moron, how are we supposed to know what the problem is? Posted no make model, battery status or if the damn thing cranks or not. Fuck you and Google it nigger.
>>
>>14977360
no crank, just engine light and battery light and another lights, and the right indicators goes off.

Nissan Pulsar n15.
>>
>>14977481
Does it make any kind of clicking noise?
>>
>>14977481
Any sound from the starter? clicking maybe?
Starter could be dead
>>
>>14977481
That's... Interesting, not the left indicators?

Also listen to everyone and tell us what car you have
>>
>>14977289
>replaced battery
check your fuses anon. its fairly common for fuses to just blow connecting the battery. in particular the main battery fuse can just blow. your old battery may have just been dead as well and changing it blew the fuse.
>>
File: 20151216_154638_resized.jpg (290KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
20151216_154638_resized.jpg
290KB, 1328x747px
>>14977481
Like >>14977512 and >>14977513 are asking; any reaction whatever when you turn the key to attempt starting it?

I'd start checking my fusebox & also cleaning the terminals on both battery and wires
>>
>>14977289
try putting in some fuel
>>
Starter motor is likely to be stuck after some time.

Try tapping it with a mallet and cranking it again, seen this a few times before.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.