[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Auto detailing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

File: 4L_Dy5rQfYK.jpg (2MB, 1880x2816px) Image search: [Google]
4L_Dy5rQfYK.jpg
2MB, 1880x2816px
Name 3 products you can't live without. Also tips and tricks.
Last thing I do is crack the windows open and clean that top third of an inch dirt line along the top of the windows
>>
File: 1443145173931.png (335KB, 590x590px) Image search: [Google]
1443145173931.png
335KB, 590x590px
>>14957235
>meguiars wheel cleaner
>meguiars gold class carnauba wax
>meguiars ultimate quik detailer

>mfw i can fully clean my frameless windows without moving them
>>
>>14957235
water
soap
microfiber rags
>>
File: FB_IMG_1460926856231~01.jpg (14KB, 539x152px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1460926856231~01.jpg
14KB, 539x152px
>>14957255
This stuff is great for frameless windows, by the way. Put it on all the weatherstripping and any other rubber and it'll make it seal better and feel new again. You can get it at honda dealers.
>>
File: car1.jpg (1MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
car1.jpg
1MB, 3264x1840px
I used to be really into detailing my shitbox but I don't have a good place to do it now and can't be fucked with it.

Anyway great products I used:
-Bilberry Wheel Cleaner - rapes dirt
-Snowfoam + foam lance - makes the initial wash much easier
-Cheap as fuck spray shine - great for buffing or using with a clay bar
>>
File: 20160321_183714_resized.jpg (418KB, 1594x897px) Image search: [Google]
20160321_183714_resized.jpg
418KB, 1594x897px
I will assume that we're talking about chemicals, compounds and similar stuff, and that a high pressure washer, bucket, sponges, water and similar are "included"

>TurtleWax Super Degreaser
>Meguiars Gold Class soap
>Biltema Assorted Microfiber cloth pack

I also couldn't live without wheel cleaner, although I don't have a preference to the brand as all the ones I've tried have worked just fine and made it completely clean (Biltema, TurtleWax, Hamron, Autglym). Still haven't tried Meguiars tho
>>
Claybar,micro fiber towels,Zano
>>
File: chemical guys nonsense.jpg (70KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
chemical guys nonsense.jpg
70KB, 500x500px
>Chemical Guys Nonsense
It cleans fucking everything, even carpets.

>Chemical Guys Pete's 53 paste wax
Makes dark paint look really good and seems to last a long time.

>Chemical Guys Silk Shine dressing
Makes rubber, plastics and leather look rich without being runny/streaky.
>>
which clay bar to buy
>>
>>14957398
Meguiars clay bar kit to learn how to do it since it's so mild you can't really fuck up with it. Then once you've got it down get the meguiars c-2000 detailing clay or the c-2100 clay depending on how bad the paint is.
>>
File: 4L_mEngWrTW.png (488KB, 823x316px) Image search: [Google]
4L_mEngWrTW.png
488KB, 823x316px
I have that hard water at home. White spots on the paint matter how good I think it's dried. It does okay at the car wash in town. Anyone else have or had this issue?
>>
>>14957847
cool. going to the store soon to pick up all the auto detailing shit. having my interior removed a week ago i got all my interior super clean.

probably should work on engine bay too
>>
File: image.jpg (245KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245KB, 1334x750px
Detail spray by the gallon, a plastic grocery bag for feeling the surface, and Adams Super VRT.
>>
>>14958005
If the paint isn't etched, you can try Chemical Guys water spot remover gel. First, wash your car and clay bar it. Next, use the water spot remover, working in small areas, and spray with distilled water to neutralize the acid in the gel. Wipe with a microfiber cloth.

If you still have water spots, then they've etched into the clear coat. You'll need to get more intense with a mechanical polisher and polishing compound.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.