[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/o/'s opinion on lane splitting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 11

/o/'s opinion on lane splitting?
>>
>>14937348
gud
>>
>>14937348
Bad
>>
good
>>
good and bad
>>
indifferent
>>
very bad
>>
File: received_10207965427527141.jpg (7KB, 362x141px) Image search: [Google]
received_10207965427527141.jpg
7KB, 362x141px
>>14937349
>>14937376
No, bad
>>
very good
>>
Very very bad
>>
Good. You bought a smaller vehicle, who am I to tell you not to do that. As long as you're not doing a wheelie or flipping people off.

>tl;dr good. Just dont be a dick about it.
>>
Good, as long as its reasonable.

Opens up more spaces for everyone not on two wheels, everyone on two wheels doesn't need to play in risky stop-and-go highway traffic, everyone gets where they want to be faster. Win-win all around.

Now, that doesn't mean the guys who go 30+ between stationary cars and pinball between mirrors until they drop the bike aren't fucking retards who mess everything up for everyone, they absolutely are, it just means people who aren't complete fuckwads can use it to only benefit everyone else on the road.
>>
>>14937348
I think it looks kinda douchey 2bh

Its not too bad when traffic is completely stop or at a crawl pace, but I think doing at speed is dangerous
>>
>>14937348
Good bits:
>prevents motorcyclists being smashed to pancakes at the end of a queue
>frees space in traffic jams
>motorcyclists get to their destination faster

Bad bits:
>shitty riders may damage cars

All in all I think it's a good thing and in places where legal it works fairly well despite what scared and/or jealous car drivers may say.
>>
Don't mind. I even move over a little to be courteous.
>>
I'd prefer it here in Texas but it'll never happen. I've never even ridden a bike but I could see the benefits of it.
>>
>>14937348
I want it to be legal here, even though it looks terrifying even when the cars are at a complete standstill.
>>
>>14937348
Do it when traffic is clogged, but not when it's moving freely.
>>
>mfw I drive my car onto the shoulder anyway
skcuc
>>
stupid

let me just squeeze between two 4 thousand pound objects with drivers of questionable sanity and intellect and trust that none of them are going to do something irrational.
>>
It's dangerous when one vehicle is at a significantly different speed to the flow of traffic

It makes we worry about turning right (drive on the left)

it makes me worry about my panels and my wing mirrors
>>
I like it a lot.
But it should be done with a small speed difference (max 20km/h faster) and giving cars enough time to react.
>>
>>14937509
peace sign to you bro.

>>14937622
We all have different understandings of what fun is. Some types of fun come with inherent risk. I lane split when its most dangerous (when line of cars are coming to stop) because historically i've had better luck dodging mergers who aren't looking than waiting for some dick in a truck to flatten me.
>>
As long as they don't touch my vehicle I'm fine with it, also assuming being in stopped or slow traffic. Don't want someone passing me like this when I'm also passing someone at 75mph.
>>
>>14937684
>assuming being in stopped or slow traffic.
Only idiots and retards split lanes at speed.
>>
In heavy traffic I sometime see bikers doing it and I place my car towards the edge of the lane to allow them to get by easier.

The idea of it pisses me off but the practicality of them doing it in such traffic is fine because they already have the inconvenience of using a bike so they need some perks.

I should point out that I don't see them every day and they are very well mannered and patience before passing. I don't have to worry about someone flying between cars when I'm changing lanes.
Show some consideration and I show some back.
>>
File: RearEnded.webm (642KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
RearEnded.webm
642KB, 640x360px
>>14937622
So you would rather sit still and helpless behind one as another squishes you from behind at 50+mph?

The fact is it puts the rider in control of their own safety and when done properly can be the safer option.
>>
File: Filtering.webm (423KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Filtering.webm
423KB, 640x360px
>>14937622
>>14938015
Also I should add that most drivers won't even see the motorcyclist splitting until he is already past them and then the drivers can't do anything. However when the motorcyclist is sitting still and the driver doesn't see him, the rider gets run the fuck over.
>>
Very good when done properly.
Very dangerous when done stupidly.

When you're stopped or crawling, everyone expects bikes to come cruising through at 15 mph. When everyone is doing 50mph, only a stupid fucker blasts between cars at 70mph.

CHIPpies need to enforce this shit better.
>>
>>14937348
>safer for motorcycles
>traffic reduction for cars.

GOOD, as long as you don't speed like a retard while doing it
>>
>>14937348
Where I live people get mad if I don't.

I gues only americans have this cuck syndrome
>>
>>14938035
The thing is it's hard to enforce anything about it because there's no specific laws about it. I don't think any laws will be made about it without taking it away all together.
>>
>>14938072
Were I live there are pretty specific laws about it.
>>
>>14937495
This. So long as you don't weave in and out of standstill traffic at highway speeds begging to suddenly have your life come to an end, lane splitting is fine. Legalize it yo.
>>
>>14938076
Oh, I assumed you were California, and that CHIP was California Highway something Police
>>
It makes sense in theory, but to work well it needs people to not be dumb fucks
>>
>>14937495
also
>Other drivers get to their destination faster as well
Because motorcyclists don't slow down traffic as much this way.
>>
>>14938072

Good point. I've never seen a government official write a law that grants freedom.

The other 49 have outlawed it because "it's not fair. Everyone should wait in line." Stupid fuckers!
>>
>>14937348
If I'm in the car with my mom, she always bitches about bikers splitting lanes. I have no issue with it though. They are going to accelerate faster than the cars and speed off anyway. Just be safe about it.

Splitting lanes in moving traffic is a lil different than your pic though. I just don't want to kill somebody with my truck on I-95. I'd rather they pass on the shoulder or something, but when they are doing 90mph+ and traffic is going 60mph, that is dangerous.
>>
It's one of the few things I miss about living in CA.

>>14938072
>>14938108
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/about/lane_splitting

There used to be some specifics but it was changed to be more vague.
>>
>>14937348
Legal in my country and if done sensibly, really helps traffic flow.
>>
>>14937348
It's dangerous but as long as the rider is willing to take the responsibility of that risk, it's fine.
>>
>>14938108
>I've never seen a government official write a law that grants freedom.
Part of Australia recently legalized lane sharing, and I think there was a US state that passed a bill through legislature but it got a veto from the governor.

>>14938113
>but when they are doing 90mph+ and traffic is going 60mph, that is dangerous.
Natural selection helps cure that problem.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>14938215
>natural selection
That's why I'm hesitant to get a crotch rocket. At least driving the truck, I realize that I pose a danger to other people. On a bike, I'm pretty much just a danger to myself and give no fucks.
>>
>>14937348
dangerous
>>
>>14938281
but it's not.

>>14938252
If you don't already have bike experience I don't think a supersport is a good idea. If you want a bike, get one.
>>
>>14938321
>but it's not.
It is though.

Every week at least 2 people try to flatten me while splitting lanes.
>>
>>14938337
Then be careful about it. When splitting lanes responsibly, you should have adequate time to react to any cars doing stupid shit. Sitting still in traffic leaves you vulnerable to being rear ended.

If you think it's dangerous then why do you do it?
>>
>>14938353
I'm being careful, but I can't really do much about some idiot moving left/right to were I am while I'm next to him.

Just because it's dangerous doesn't mean I'm not going to do it.
>>
>>14938353
>>14938337
>>14938321
>>14938281
It can be dangerous, and you would be an idiot to think otherwise. Yes, you must be careful but it is a risk riders take (or choose not to).
>>
Lane splitting and filtering at stops should be lawful, and encouraged everywhere.
Motorists should give right of way to bikes that are filtering by making space in their lane. This is something that is done without issues is dozens of places. Its safe, it makes sense, it even ensures that bikers don't contribute to traffic congestion.

Not every biker is a boyracer who wants to speed at 60mph through a sea of cars at a stop light. Most of us are just trying to get where we're going safely.
>>
People who lane split are generally better drivers than the motorists they split, I'm always more concerned that some idiot is going to drift across the line and hit one.
>>
Should be 100% legal everywhere when traffic is stopped or moving at a crawl, but there should be a speed limit on it so retards aren't zipping between cars at 90 mph. Should also not be legal when traffic is flowing at high speeds.
>>
Statistics have proven that lanesplitting is beneficial in every aspect for all parties.

For bikers, it allows them to get to their destinations quicker and stay safer. While the amount of accidents might not go down, the injury sustained in a rear-ender are far more deadly than if a bike hits a side of a car.

Its better for car drivers as it reduces overall traffic and further incentives motorcycle riding which then further reduces traffic.

Literally any negative for lane splitting is better than if it wasn't legal. The issue in California is that since there is no laws for or against lanesplitting, there's no proper definition for what is safe splitting. The CHP had set some guidelines for what they believed to be safe (not going faster than 5mph rest of traffic, not splitting after 25mph, only splitting between two lanes, etc) but it was still up to the opinion of the officer to ticket riders for "unsafe riding." Recently they pulled these rules since people were treating them as if they were the "legal rules."

We need to legalize it and establish legal rules to define it.
>>
>>14937348
Do it all day, everyday. Only way to get anywhere in a reasonable amount of time here in car clogged Cali. Cops don't care because it's not illegal
>>
Another califag here. I'm fine with it in principle, when it's done safely- only done below certain traffic speeds, and not too much faster than the adjacent cars. In practice, though, there are tons of squids who can't resist the temptation to blast through stopped or slow traffic at insane unsafe speeds.

Hard legal limits would be a nice improvement, but I think they'd be difficult to enforce even for motorcycle cops.
>>
>>14937348
Shits great, anon its legal here and i save around 40 minutes on my commute in peak traffic
>>
I say it's good. However it's up to the discretion of the rider to do it safely, just like overtaking.

When the traffic is crawling along, say at speeds lower than 40km/h, I think it's fine for a bike to carefully ride between cars, passing them only at speeds ~10km/h faster than the car.
Same with stopped cars.

I think drivers need to be educated better as well. Things like keeping in the middle of a lane and actually using an indicator as it was designed, instead of moving over and turning it on at the same time.
>>
It concerns me when I'm sitting in traffic, hearing a bike going by much faster than I am, with next to no warning
>>
>>14939238
Pay more attention to your surroundings then.
>>
File: dually.jpg (109KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
dually.jpg
109KB, 800x600px
idgaf
>>
>>14937348
Roadways arent designed to handle 3 vehicles traveling in only 2 lanes. It's stupid and dangerous.
>>
>>14939812
So you'd rather have Motorcycles taking up huge swaths of roadway slowing traffic?
>>
File: image.jpg (208KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208KB, 800x600px
It doesn't bother me. If I were a biker I'd do the same thing.
>>
>>14938100
>if there were more motorcyclists then yes
it doesnt help anyone but the motorcyclist if hes the only motorcycle around. its like removing 1 car, literally does nothing
>>
>>14939883
>there are generally more than 1 motorcyclists in cities
>if lane splitting were legal there would be more motorcyclists
>removing 1 car does do something
otherwise
>remove 1 car a thousand times
>traffic still just as bad
>>
>>14937348
Legal in cali, if you are getting shown up by cali shame on you.
>>
File: TRIM_20160427_192251.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
TRIM_20160427_192251.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>
I don't do it, but I also ride a dual sport so I rarely see highways or roads over 45mph
>>
>>14939853
Now post the pic of her in the hospital.
>>
>>14940002
>.gif
>>14940007
You never have to go into town or anything and get to backed up traffic?
>>
>>14940007
I live in the middle of fucking nowhere, I only go into town like once a week, and when I do I just take my 944
>>
>>14940018
>>14940002
https://a.pomf.cat/npdoun.mp4
>>
i have no issues with lane splitting.
But. the motorcyclist must be held at fault for any incident with a vehicle while doing so, because no normal person in stand still traffic is going to expect Jhonny fucko on his crotch rocket blazing down the white line when they open their door to grab something from the trunk, or go to change lanes when another motorist lets them in.
Lane splitting should be a "use at own risk" situation.
>>
>>14937348
Lane filtering, provided it's done properly, is great for all motorists.

Motorcyclists aren't stuck at the back of the queue, waiting to get rear-ended and aren't taking up spaces that cars could utilise, easing congesstion.

>key words: done properly

Spltting lanes at 100mph is not doing it properly.

Motorists need to be educated on lane filtering and its benefits so they don't get into a tard rage when it does happen as well.
>>
>>14940010
No.
>>
It should be legal everywhere. So long as you are going between two lanes moving in the same direction, or a lane and a suicide/turn lane.
>>
>>14937348
Not gonna if im high and in a bad mood I might try to fuck with you
>>
>>14941904
subhuman fucks like this are why I just don't do it anymore
>>
>>14941051
It never eases congestion. There isn't enough bikes on the road to accomplish that. The reason they allow it California is for both air cooled bikes and riders of all bikes because they don't have air conditioning like people in cars do.
>>
>>14940002
>>14940074

haha fucking Albuquerque. I hope I see that fuck being scraped up with a spatula one day.
>>
>>14937509
Thank you kind anon.
>>
I'm ok with it as long as they don't park in my blindspot or (at night) with their hi-beam pointed straight at my mirror.
>>
Just as bad as passing parked cars on a bicycle with no reasonable distance to them. You need at least 1.5m space between you and any object to have a sensible amount of space to react. Since that isn't given at any point when doing lane splitting, it should be considered illegal.
>>
>>14943188
People don't typically open their doors in traffic.
Though it can be a bit dangerous with people exiting taxis because they are not used to checking for anything before they exit as a passenger.
As long as lane splitting is only done at crawling speeds or below it is reasonably safe.
>>
>>14941944
Hey now
>>
It's asshole behavior. So nothing out of the ordinary for bikefucks.
>>
>>14943340
Such dumb assholes, not wanting to die.
What's wrong with them?
>>
>>14943267
>People don't typically open their doors in traffic.
Well, people don't typically rear end with more than 10 mph. Plus there's something that's called subjective safety which is far lower when sitting between two cars and in their blind spots.
>>
>>14937348
Good.

It could literally clean out all of the retards on two wheels in the states within a year or two imo. Also, I could get places in my city in a timely manner.
>>
Copies from another thread:

I gave a speech on that just this week, but focused mainly on the state level. Roads are the responsibility of state governments, so encourage your listeners to take action with your state legislature rather than US Congress.

Motorcyclists take up less space in traffic than cars, and even less space when they move between lanes rather than taking one to themselves. If the practice gets legalized then even more people will choose a motorcycle which will even further improve traffic flow.
Even cars will get through traffic faster if motorcyclists lane split.
That should help them understand it as a way to benefit themselves.

Lane splitting motorcyclists are significantly less likely to be rear ended: Rice, Thomas, Troszak, Lara and Erhardt, Taryn (2015). Motorcycle Lane-splitting and Safety in California. May 29, 2015, page 13.
>>
A friend of friend died doing over 100mph while lane splitting coming up to a red light, saw orange/green speed up more. Some guy decided to quickly run thru the street and got grazed. Pillion 16 year old also died.
Thing is his friends and gf give death threats to anyone who even thinks that it might be the divers fault.
>>
>>14944533
Meant to say drivers
>>
File: notsureif.gif (3MB, 432x227px) Image search: [Google]
notsureif.gif
3MB, 432x227px
>>14937383
...and ugly
>>
>>14940002
its a good way to get kilt
>>
It's good to get idiots off the road.
>>
>>14940552

>Person opens their door because they're mad a motorcycle is passing them
>Motorcyclist damages their car and receives several expensive injuries to take care of as well as damage to their bike
>"wasn't my fault was getting something from my trunk which no one ever fucking does on the highway lol motorcyclists are always at fault"

Kill yourself.
>>
>>14941904

Isn't this attempted murder in places where lane splitting is legal?

>Attempted murder while under the influence of drugs

Please do it so they can throw your fucking mongoloid ass in jail outside of civilized society.
>>
>>14944469
>even more people will choose a motorcycle which will even further improve traffic flow.
LEL

what a shitty paper
>>
>>14943883
>Well, people don't typically rear end with more than 10 mph.

When it comes to cars yes, because they are much more visible and having the two separated lights in the back makes it much easier to judge the distance you have until you reach it. When you're on a bike, you're much more likely to be hit unless a driver is paying complete attention to the road, which is almost never the case with all the texting retards on the road.
>>
>>14944691
yet
>boohoo it's the pedestrians fault if he runs in front of my car
you self-righteous little shit
>>
>>14944469
>If the practice gets legalized then even more people will choose a motorcycle which will even further improve traffic flow.

You have absolutely no empirical data to back this up. I agree with lanesplitting and would like that more people rode bikes to free up congestion on the roads, but that paper shouldn't get more than a C with those baseless claims.
>>
>>14944730
>>14944707
Not my paper, I agree about no proof more people would pick motorcycles and I don't really think it would influence peoples buying decisions. I do agree with it being safer in gridlock and helping with congestion.
>>
>>14944723

Nice false equivalency. There's a big difference between a pedestrian walking in the road and opening your door in stopped traffic. What the fuck are you opening the door for? Do you have sandwiches in the trunk? Do you just keep a stockpile of emergency sandwiches for whenever traffic is stopped? The amount of reasons you would actually need to open your door in stopped traffic is very fucking low, and any lawyer worth his shit could argue assault, damage to property, and maybe attempted murder for stupid bullshit like that.
>>
>>14944719
>having the two separated lights in the back makes it much easier to judge the distance you have until you reach it
So you're talking about riding in the night? If so, a lane splitter is invisible from the side, making it much likelier to get hit by the first car at the traffic light who simply doesn't see you. Someone who is having difficulties in determining the distance to objects at broad daylight shouldn't be allowed to drive and if you don't have your eyes on the road, you wouldn't even see a huge truck in front of you.
>which is almost never the case with all the texting retards on the road
Oh, I forgot to mention I live in Germany, we have at least some sense regarding behaviour in traffic.
>>
Reason i want to get a motorbaku
>>
>>14944758
>What the fuck are you opening the door for?
land of the free, where it's not allowed to open doors
>>
good, because they literally have the option of cutting the long ass line and remove themselves from the wait time, thus reducing it for everyone
>>
>>14938028
This webm is a perfect example of literally the safest thing to do on a motorcycle at a stop.

I can personally say I've had some close encounters with cyclists on non-ostentatious bikes, and I feel bad about them. Thus, I don't mind at all when they split.
>>
File: how-popular-motorcycling-state.jpg (970KB, 1576x1784px) Image search: [Google]
how-popular-motorcycling-state.jpg
970KB, 1576x1784px
>>14944730
>>14944707
I've seen many people say specifically: There's not really any point in commuting on a motorcycle if you can't lane split and if I couldn't then I would just take a car anyway.

Let's look at the number of motorcyclists in each state. California has the greatest number of motorcyclists. It's even significantly more than other states with similar year-round riding seasons. Why would more people choose a bike in California than in Texas? Because they can lane split.
>>
>>14937376

YES IN SLOW OR BIT STATIONARY TRAFFIC GOOD

BUT WHEN SPEED CAR IS DRIVE BAD VERY BAD OK THANK
>>
>>14939883
>literally
>>
>>14937622

Hence you don't speed between cars like a retard and anticipate retarded drivers. Most bikes hit while filtering are going too fast. 10mph is too fast between stationary traffic.
>>
>>14937929
>The idea of it pisses me off

Why? That's just pure spite. If there's a gap big enough and they are not speeding I am happy to see bikers filter. Like some other anons I even move over to give them space.
>>
>>14938084

California HIghway Patrol
>>
>>14944783
it isn't when doing so will injure another motorist you fuckwit
>>
>>14938371

constant blips of the throttle will solve this. Watch RoyalJordanians videos on youtube, filtering gold in the heart of London on a big bike.
>>
>>14943883
You realise a 10mph rear end crash will absolutely nail a bike if the other vehicle is a standard size car? Physics man.
>>
>>14945211
>10mph is too fast between stationary traffic
It depends on the lane widths. City streets, where a rider would be often wading the handlebars and mirrors around car mirrors to get through, is where 10 mph may be too fast.
On freeways and interstates in the U.S., where the lanes are considerably wider and riders could likely ride on the dashed lines with no obstacles without needing to wiggle between cars, I don't see why 10-15 mph isn't practical.
>>
>>14944691
You're implying that the only reason someone would open their door is to be an ass to bikers.

The other possibility is with the stop/go traffic, one person could rear end another (since people seem to pick up their phones the second traffic goes to a crawl). One or both of the people could open their door to check for damage assuming they are safe because the traffic is either dead stopped or close to it. They end up getting whacked by a biker going too fast down the centerline.

I dunno about other states, but very little of the lane splitting I see here in AZ is what I'd call safe. Sure, occasionally you get a guy splitting lanes doing 10 or 15 mph, but more often than not, they're doing at least double that. Also, IMO, the second traffic starts moving any appreciable amount, they need to find an open spot to safely merge asap. I've seen a few guys nearly get taken out because people are trying to change lanes as the front lines of traffic start to move
>>
>>14945281
>>14944783
>>14944723
>>14940552

>not instinctively checking your mirror before swinging a 40kg chunk of metal into the road

What the fuck is wrong with people? This shit is common sense, I bet you lot are the kind who just walk out across the street without looking too.
>>
>>14938015
If they're so worried about safety, maybe they shouldn't be riding a bike in city traffic. Crap is bound to happen eventually, and you're at a severe weight disadvantage. That's part of the deal with riding a bike. Just like getting wet when it rains. If they want to drive slowly past crawling traffic, then go ride on the shoulder away from unpredictable cars.
>>
>>14945312
I don't mind checking my mirrors, but I'm looking over for vehicles next to me or immediately behind me. I'm not checking for some jackass blasting down the center that's 5+ cars back.
>>
>>14937348
High-speed lane splitting - bad

Low-speed Lane filtering - good
>>
>>14945276

I agree, my bad. I live in the UK and lanes here are roughly the width of my e39 +2ft on either side
>>
>>14945323

So you're saying you can see down the line of traffic if you look in your door mirror? adjust that shit up senpai damn
>>
>>14945327
Sometimes not even that
>>
>>14945344

can't*
>>
>>14945344
>>14945360
Not that anon but it really depends on who is behind you and your/their lane position. If there's a big truck behind me or someone hugging the center line I can't see past them without moving way over which would also block a splitter if there happened to be one.
>>
>>14937348
Done sensibly, it is safer and reduces congestion.

Only butthurt faggots who cry about it not being "fair" disagree.
>>
>>14945323
This
>>
>>14944691
motorcyclists are at fault when they knowingly put themselves into a situation where nobody will be looking for them or be able to see/ react to them.

>implying people are just jelly of the kewl biker

how about the many egotistical shitheads who clip mirrors because "you should cater to muh bike needs" and flea the scene? my mirrors are too expensive for your convenience.
>>
>>14937348
I don't give a shit as long as you're not so close to my car that you scrape it.
>>
>>14944758
why not open the door when its a parking lot? because as a matter of fact sometimes i do have leftover food from my luch at work in the trunk. Sometimes its a simple aux cord or jumper cables or a fucking fire extinguisher it doesn't matter. have you looked up road rage vids on youtube? two people could be opening doors to fight, it doesnt matter.
point is you are on a bike and you loose in an accident %90 of the time. It is your responsibility to look after yourself not everyone else's so that you can have a convenience .
>>
>>14937348
Don't hit my mirror and we're all good
>>
Very surprising.bikers usually get the whole lane to themselves in phoenix, go to la for some business get caught in famous la traffic see bikers just cutting right through the middle of cars get scared move to the side so they don't hit muh car. See a cop do it too.
>>
>>14945313
Maybe everyone should just stay home? Crap is bound to happen when you venture outside
>>
>>14945559
who says its not fair
>>
I was visiting family in California a few years ago. We are on the highway in my uncle's car and I'm cramped in the back seat (I'm 6'4"). It's literally dead stop traffic on this highway. Mention that I'm going to get out to stretch, everyone's like "okay fine whatever man".
About to open my door when a motorcycle goes screaming past at least doing 40mph, probably more like 60.

>mfw I almost killed a guy who was lane splitting.

I come from a smaller town in PA. Lane splitting is illegal in PA as well. I had no idea lane splitting was a thing at the time.
>>
>>14937454
Fucking this.
>>
Fucking bikefags, get in line like everyone else. Special goddamn snowflakes.
>>
I hate it. It's not fair that just because you are riding a bike you can cut ahead in line of the traffic.

When motor bike riders try it on me I always shut the door.
>>
>>14937348
stop fucking with motorcyclists, even if they are doing wheelies flipping you off while splitting between gridlock who cares? let it go. Dont go running other motorcycle riders off the road because one dipshit tagged your mirror.
>>
Roads are not properly marked for it. Dumb soccer moms in massive van-like things and edgy teens will ride too close to the line division and swerve all over the place (even into the other lane), making it too dangerous. Morons need lines to follow.
>>
>>14952836
properly marked for what? are you telling me they should mark every single highway and road with a small 1 foot "bike splitting lane" only, your out of your mind.

Why not come out with a law that says you need to keep between the lines? Oh shit, they dont follow that either and those lines are marked.
>>
As a motorcycle rider I think it's dangerous, but then again riding a motorcycle is dangerous and if you ride you should be prepared to die.
>>
>>14952809
you're a fucking asshole

that bike is one less car to wait in line shit for brains

because someone chose a better tool for the job you think it's your right to possibly end their life? fuck off and die
>>
>>14952809
you are the reason that alot of bikers pack heat now. thanks for furthering the decay of the social structure.
>>
you should only do it when traffic is crawling or stopped

I don't know if Indianapolis is just a more retarded city than most or if you're just being idealistic but people here drive like shit and will randomly pull out in front of you no matter how fast you're going. Also fags pass on the right at 90+mph and then slam the brakes when they see that every lane is blocked. It just seems like lane splitting doesn't give you enough space to stay safe unless the traffic is literally all stopped and can see you.
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.