[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is (western) Europe the shittiest and most expensive place in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: 90387085.jpg (1MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
90387085.jpg
1MB, 2816x2112px
Is (western) Europe the shittiest and most expensive place in the world to be a car enthusiast?

Gas prices, taxes and extra taxes are ridiculous here in the Netherlands. You Americans can get a gorgeous car with a V8 and maintain it easily... How do other Eurofags cope with this shit, cause every time I'm looking to buy a car, I get depressed.
>>
>>14903419
Ja. Nederland is een kutland. De VS is een beter land in elk mogelijk opzicht.
>>
>>14903419
how much is gas in Netherlands?
>>
Immigrate to US then you ameriburger loving bigot
>>
>>14903419
It is more expansive but then again you have the autobahn.
>>
>>14903419

Get a Tesla and hoon wherever the fuck you want without getting heavily penalized
>>
Americans also have to deal with piss poor roads, nanny speed limits and a hundred million legal retards in traffic because there'll be blood if licenses cost more than $20. And in some states you have to pay a portion of your car's value to the authorities just to get it registered.

And I think speeding is cheaper here in Germany, too, despite the fact that it's harder to speed because our limits are higher, if existent.
>>
>>14903679
Also in my German region Autogas (the Euro equivalent of LPG) is currently $2.12/gal -after- sales tax.
>>
>>14903679
I love doing 70km/h on 50er-Ausfallstraßen or on Ringstraßen. Nobody cares if there's hardly any traffic.
>>
>>14903689
>get ticketed doing this
>still only 30 bucks
DOG BLESS GERMANY

The only thing that's an actual pain in the ass here is custom fabrication and extensive modification, and bolt-on parts are relatively expensive because it's an ordeal for manufacturers to get type approvals.
>>
>>14903704
That's why I wouldn't bother doing heavy modifications because I can't even replace my fucking indicators on my bike without having to consider the minimum distance between them.
It may make sense when you think of stupid people doing things to their vehicles without worrying about their own safety, but in the end those laws are just another way of milking money.
>>
>>14903704

Can't you go to jail for a rust spot or a failed emissions test though? Not my idea of a car enthusiast friendly place. It seems like most people there can't even afford to utilize the car freedoms you got.
>>
>>14903793
>Can't you go to jail for a rust spot or a failed emissions test though?
Wat? No.
>>
>>14903793
No? You'd just lose your sticker until you fix it. The only scenario I can even imagine you facing serious legal consequences in is if you installed a modification without type approval without getting it inspected and individually approved and which would later be at fault for a wreck and cause injury or death to someone else, like a self fabricated suspension mount or something, or a high speed accident after fitting a barn job turbo setup.
>>
>>14903793
you only go to jail if you evade taxes..

No one cares if you fail emission tests. Every car has to pass safety/emission inspection every two years. If you don't pass the inspection they'll just tell you to get it fixed and come again (unless they deem your car unsafe for the road, which will happen if your frame is rusted through, you have massive brake or suspension failure or something like that). If you don't show up at all you'll get fined (if you're stopped by the police and they notice you've exceeded the inspection period) but fines are a joke, it costs 15€ for exceeding the period between 2 and 4 months and 25€ for being 4 to 8 months late, after that it'll cost 60€ and you'll get a point on your license.
The only problem is that insurance will fuck you over if you're involved in an accident while driving a car that has exceeded the inspection period
>>
>>14903419
But America has shit cars, roads, police, and lax laws on maintenance.

Maybe you should just leave the EU cuckzone. Britain's headed for that, and it'll be wonderful.
>>
>>14903419
You call that depression?! I learned that the new Alfa Romeo 4c has no option for a manual transmission. I can no longer enjoy it's beauty. Or, to translate it into /o/ terms
>max weight reduction
>goes for dual-clutch transmission
Why has God abandoned us?
>>
>>14903419
I thibk Zimbabwe or Somalia or some other shithole would be the worst, because anyone living there is poor as fuck and the roads are shit.
>>
Emigrate to australia
Enjoy our lower taxes and beaches.
Also malaysia/indonesia is the worst place to be a car enthusiast
>>
File: 1457342505306.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1457342505306.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>14903419
>be me, eurofag
>pass license (i'm 18)
>now looking for a car
>insurance doesn't accept anything above 120HP for novice drivers
>mfw
>>
>Gas prices are soon to be something about 1,50€ per litre because muh refugees, muh solidarity, muh schwarze Null, muh environment
>TÜV for almost every shit
>muh Umweltzonen

DUDE BLACKED OUT GOLF GTIS ARE HOT SHIT!
>>
>>14906607
>australia
Enjoy getting your car impounded and crushed for chirping the tires. Or not chirping the tires, since hoon laws allow OZ police to do anything they want without proof of evidence.
>>
File: tumblr_m8ezuo9ILI1rdr3r5o1_500.jpg (113KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8ezuo9ILI1rdr3r5o1_500.jpg
113KB, 500x333px
>>14906696
>Umweltzonen
Get old car, get H-plates, make it smoke, drive in any zone as much as you want, piss off treehuggers.
>>
>>14906810
> things that don't happen
At least we don't get bullets emptied through our windows by the entire local police squad for failing to pull over in time
>>
>>14906815
Please don't mix up the local reduce of emissions in cities (good) and the global reduce of emissions (stupid). Umweltzonen are supposed to do the first thing, but they don't make any sense in their execution, also radiators and chimneys are the worst polluters in inner cities.
>>
File: 14193112301_9b20d552e2_b.jpg (343KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
14193112301_9b20d552e2_b.jpg
343KB, 1024x684px
>>14906866
If they don't make any sense then why am I supposed to give a shit?
>>
>>14906876
Well, there's a difference between forcing others to breathe shitty air and not obiding the law.
>>
>>14906810
Victoria isnt all of australia yaknow?
>>
>>14903419
Nah, eastern europe has it worse because lolthatsalary
>>
>>14906696
Nigger what? It WAS 1,50 until like a year ago when the US vs Saudis oil price pissing contest started.
>>
>>14903419
We too poor to have nice performance cars breh, they don't want us to be happy they don't want us to be rich

t- west european driver of an 14 year old vehicule
>>
>>14903419
Netherlands has the mosy diverse car scene in Europe, deal with it. Now go buy a Ram 1500 for the cheapest price in Europe, throw in a cheapass LPG set, and get some bitches.

Netherlands can be heaven for car guys if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>14903612
Most expensive in Europe I think. Right now about 1.50 euro per liter. Still, we've got some of the highest wages in Europe, and Belgian and German petrol is right across the border.
>>
>>14903419
If you like exotic or sports cars yes.
Otherwise it's affordable.
Taxes are murder though.
>>
>>14903419
No, that would be Hong Kong
>not that much road in the first place
>road to the mainland is permanently jammed so you can't ride freely without sitting through at least two hours of congestions, and even once you are out, you're still in some dense urban areas
>highest fuel prices in the world
>ridiculous insurence prices
>few vehicles available, either overpriced new cars or old shitboxes about to die for good
>unless you live in the dead parts of the town, you will have to rent a parking spot somewhere, which will be as expensive as renting your flat
>>
>>14907248
I've seen higher prices in Italy but gas prices here are complete bullshit due to not-exactly-legal-but-not-techically-illegal agrements between companies.
Especially in the south.
>>
>>14907274
Limburgbro here, I've got exactly zero gas price problems, because the border is 500 meters away. Dutch income and German gas prices, fuck year.
>>
>>14907255
Taxes aren't even bad. It's the fuel costs that kill you.
http://www.autokostencheck.de/Mercedes/Mercedes-S-Klasse/weitere/600-se-sel-v12-140_15190.html
You can get this car for anything between 5 and 10k but that cost will double in the first three years because of running fuel costs. Lol 20l on 100km.
>>
>>14903419
You are really glorifying car ownership in america. Yes we can get a car with whatever engine we fancy but we'd be thrown under the jail for trying to enjoy it at all. Track days are much harder to come by and are far more regulated too.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.